Goodfellows gains log

Reaction score

Pause squats at 275lbs 4x5 and pause deadlifts today at 315 for 4x4. I’m having a hard time keeping my head and neck in line with my spine so if anybody’s has any cues or tips to fix that I would really appreciate it.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Try not looking in the mirror while you deadlift. That should fix your head issue;)

Reaction score
Even if I don’t have a mirror to look into I do that. It’s probably just a bad habit I developed over time from always having a mirror to look into. I may try and start tucking my chin a bit.

Reaction score
Damn time to revive my log. Planning on maintaining weight at 165lbs until the PL meet in February. Goal after that is pure mass and strength. Today was a good day for chests. Hit 225 for 3x5 then repped out 185 for 16. Was lifting with some buddy’s and we were just feeding off each other’s energy and messing around since the gyms gonna be closed tomorrow for Christmas. Followed it up with Dumbbell incline at 80 for 3x10, seated rows for 3x10 then tricep extensions. Feeling great at this weight going into last 2 months before the meet. Currently the only supplement I’m taking is creatine at 5g a day. Eating more intuitively and not really tracking.

Reaction score
Been making the switch to sumo pulls and it’s starting to feel much more comfortable. Hit a top set yesterday of 355 by 2 then hit 335 for 3x5. Slowly ramping up the volume on these. Also hit some pendlay rows and DB RDL’s. Body is feeling great and I’m about 9 weeks out from this meet.

Reaction score
Once again I only remember to post on deadlift days. Hit some bench yesterday though, to bring in the new year. 205x4x6 with 1second pauses then some good arm hypertrophy work. Today I hit 375 for 3 then 2 on sumos pulls and finished with 315 for 2x5 and some light leg work.

Still weighing in about 164-165 every morning

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
i think it’s more of a mental thing at this point with me switching to sumo. Hoping to at least hit 405 at this meet.

For sure. The mental part is a big thing.

If you can, i would suggest doing a reverse band dead with 405 on the bar. It'll help you a little off the floor, but it will build the confidence to lock it out.

Reaction score
For sure. The mental part is a big thing.

If you can, i would suggest doing a reverse band dead with 405 on the bar. It'll help you a little off the floor, but it will build the confidence to lock it out.

man I wish I didn’t work out at the ymca so I could utilize that stuff

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
man I wish I didn’t work out at the ymca so I could utilize that stuff

Shirley, you can do block pulls there. If they have the bumper plates at least.

If not, they're just suggestions brother. Your weights on the deads are increasing, and if you're hitting 375 for 3 reps and all, 405 should be no problem soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Shirley, you can do block pulls there. If they have the bumper plates at least.

If not, they're just suggestions brother. Your weights on the deads are increasing, and if you're hitting 375 for 3 reps and all, 405 should be no problem soon.

ya for sure they have some thicker 45lbs bumper plates I could use to lift it off the floor a bit. I also wanna try walking out with heavier weight than I can squat so I get used to it and my actual squat walkout won’t feel as bad.

Reaction score
Squat Saturday. Worked up to 315x3 but my right hip flexor is feeling a little strained. Finished it up with some reverse hypers and hit my calf’s for the first time in at least a year. I’m gonna take tomorrow off and begin a de-load week Monday.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Squat Saturday. Worked up to 315x3 but my right hip flexor is feeling a little strained. Finished it up with some reverse hypers and hit my calf’s for the first time in at least a year. I’m gonna take tomorrow off and begin a de-load week Monday.

Smart move on taking a deload if you're feeling beat up.

If your flexors are being problematic, try the couch stretches a few times a week to get them loosened up.

Reaction score
Enjoying this de-load week. Did some hot yoga yesterday morning and it kicked my ass. Great views though. Today I just did some light bench then over head press and a little bit of arm work. Ready to hit the weights heavy again but I’m sure my body will thank me for this week

Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
I’m having some fun with this week doing different moves I don’t usually incorporate into my training. Mixed up some light deads with both conventional and sumo today then went on to front squats for a few sets. Finished with some reverse hypers and some klokov presses which is basically just a wide grip behind the back standing press. Gonna take this weekend off from the gym and do some hot yoga Saturday and Sunday then next week it’s back onto the program.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I’m having some fun with this week doing different moves I don’t usually incorporate into my training. Mixed up some light deads with both conventional and sumo today then went on to front squats for a few sets. Finished with some reverse hypers and some klokov presses which is basically just a wide grip behind the back standing press. Gonna take this weekend off from the gym and do some hot yoga Saturday and Sunday then next week it’s back onto the program.

Switching things up is a must!

Reaction score
Ok back at it. Did some bench/chest and back yesterday. Bench 5,4,3 at 225. DB bench 80 for 3x8 DB row 80 for 3x8 and lat pull downs 3x10. Today is leg day. Actually had some breakfast this morning usually I go workout right when I’m up without eating. Just had eggs but they always fill me up to the point where I can’t even eat anymore. Maybe because I always skip breakfast so my body isn’t used to it.

New Threads