Goodfellows gains log

Reaction score
Today I worked bench and arms. 6x4 spoto press at 205. Since I bench 3 days a week with this programming I’ve added in spoto press for my second bench day. I’m hoping this will help me keep the groove tight on the decent and add some power. I need to strengthen my triceps I feel like because on the pause I feel my arms start shaking.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Today I worked bench and arms. 6x4 spoto press at 205. Since I bench 3 days a week with this programming I’ve added in spoto press for my second bench day. I’m hoping this will help me keep the groove tight on the decent and add some power. I need to strengthen my triceps I feel like because on the pause I feel my arms start shaking.

Spotos are effective. Another alternative is regular bench with illegal grip. 1-2 finger widths outside the power rings. With or without pause. Really helps build the bottom portion of the bench, also.

Reaction score
Spotos are effective. Another alternative is regular bench with illegal grip. 1-2 finger widths outside the power rings. With or without pause. Really helps build the
bottom portion of the bench, also.

ill have to give that a try and see how my shoulder likes it. I also need to incorporate more close grip for tricep strength.

Reaction score
Squat saturday. The only thing I did today was work up to a good single because I wanted to gauge where I was. Hit 335 and it felt a lot harder than it looked but i know I have more in the tank. overall though I was happy with how tight I was able to stay.

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
TGFellow that is some STRONG SHIT. I would of guessed you way heaver! Super ripped dude. Inspired for sure. :32 (1):

Reaction score
TGFellow that is some STRONG SHIT. I would of guessed you way heaver! Super ripped dude. Inspired for sure. :32 (1):

thanks sir. Been at it since I was about 20. 28 now. Didn’t really start really focusing on the skill of everything till about a year and a half ago.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Good squat man. If you haven't, be sure to keep good mornings in the rotation. Supplemental, or a main exercise instead of deads or squats on a certain day.

Also, small thing. When you walk out, practice setting your feet, and keeping them set. Not twitching your foot:32 (17):practice makes perfect for when the weight gets heavier.

You're getting stronger by the day brother. Keep it up.

Reaction score
Squat definitely needs a little more tweaking. I may try my adidas lifters again and see if that helps me keep my feet more balanced. I do need to bring good mornings back into the rotation. I’ve been really enjoying the reverse hypers as well. They blow my back muscles up

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Squat definitely needs a little more tweaking. I may try my adidas lifters again and see if that helps me keep my feet more balanced. I do need to bring good mornings back into the rotation. I’ve been really enjoying the reverse hypers as well. They blow my back muscles up

Yeah those shoes may help with your ankle mobility with your stance.

The good mornings will help overall with your back position in the video as well.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I use the Adidas Adipower shoes when I squat, a carryover from my Weightlifting days, and your feet feet so locked to the floor, stable as can be.

That being said, nice squat, you have so much more in the tank. That went up fast and smooth.

Reaction score
Horrible squat day. Just went up to 225 and could not get my hips feeling right. I feel like I have an impingement on both sides because I feel pain and pinching every time I squat just under the top of my pelvic bones. This has been an ongoing issue so I’m going to start addressing it. Buying some bands today and I’m gonna start off every squat day with banded joint mobilization.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Hate to hear you're having pain. In your workout, are squats first? As age has crept upon me, I have found that it helps me to do other exercises to warm up first.

Reaction score
Hate to hear you're having pain. In your workout, are squats first? As age has crept upon me, I have found that it helps me to do other exercises to warm up first.

I do a pretty good warmup that’s specific to the movement and to my mobility needs. I really wasn’t feeling it going in today but I do need to work on my hips a little more “movement” wise

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Don’t push it. Take time off of squatting if it doesn’t feel right.

Reaction score
Bodies been feeling a bit weaker this week. Sleep has been pretty crappy though the last couple of nights. Hit bench yesterday.
I’m about four weeks out from this meet so everything I do from here on out will be competition style training in the main lifts. Hit 225 for 3x3 with a long pause. Maybe that’s why I felt weak. Deadlifts today.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
4 weeks out, i would seriously look over your schedule.

For instance, being so close, I would taper down on the assistance since you're intensity in the main lifts are increasing.

Mondays for squats
Wednesday for bench
Fridays for deads

Rest and recovery would be top priorities.

Reaction score
4 weeks out, i would seriously look over your schedule.

For instance, being so close, I would taper down on the assistance since you're intensity in the main lifts are increasing.

Mondays for squats
Wednesday for bench
Fridays for deads

Rest and recovery would be top priorities.

awesome, thanks. Should I just focus on those lifts during sessions or should I add in at least one accessory per main lift day?

New Threads