Goodfellows gains log

Reaction score
Alright I wanted to write something up and get feed back for where I’m at right now because this is the most serious I’ve actually been about eating right, not drinking and excercising with good technique and programming.

So I’ve been off for about a month and I am just eating around 4000 calories a day and staying consistent with the gym trying to keep some of what I got on cycle. I’m 27 and sitting at 175 with I would guess around 12%bf. All and all I’m feeling pretty good considering my body is probably making shit for testosterone. There was a week there that was pretty tough but I just dug it out and tried to stay motivated. I’m ready to get everything back to normal and start making natural strength gains again.

Honestly the last week and a half is where I started actually focusing on eating right and tracking my calories. I’m pretty much just following the fitness pal app and eating healthy Whole Foods. 450 carbs 200 protein and 120 fat on average I would say. I’ve actually been feeling amazing in the gym and healthier in general compared to randomly eating bullshit before. I plan to do this bulk till I hit 190 or for about 8-10 weeks.

Im hoping this log will help me stay motivated and focused on my road to getting bigger. I’ll try and read through some of the others and see how you guys update your logs and probably follow suit. Looking forward to hearing tips or feed back.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Wanting to go from 175 to 190 in 10 weeks while off cycle might be a bit aggressive. I think there could be too much fat gain in there for your liking.

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
Wanting to go from 175 to 190 in 10 weeks while off cycle might be a bit aggressive. I think there could be too much fat gain in there for your liking.

Ya I’m noticing that i guess. i can maintain right now but I haven’t really been able to go up in weight. The good part is so far I have kept most of what I gained on cycle. But as far as hitting 190 I was just questioning whether I should have a time frame on my bulk or should I just continue to bulk(within reason and health) until I reach my goal weight.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd try to maintain my newly gained weight for a bit, get used to the new weight before making another run at gaining. To each their own though.

I'd focus on my new nutrition requirements. You did say that it's only been a week and a half where you've been trying to focus on nutrition. There's low hanging fruit there, get that dialed in.

Reaction score
If it were me, I'd try to maintain my newly gained weight for a bit, get used to the new weight before making another run at gaining. To each their own though.

I'd focus on my new nutrition requirements. You did say that it's only been a week and a half where you've been trying to focus on nutrition. There's low hanging fruit there, get that dialed in.

alright I’ll work on some maintenance for now. It’s pretty crazy how I can be around 176-177 at night then I wake up and I’m like 172-173

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
alright I’ll work on some maintenance for now. It’s pretty crazy how I can be around 176-177 at night then I wake up and I’m like 172-173
That’s not crazy. That’s normal. That’s also why you weigh yourself In The morning, after The business.

Reaction score
Alright did some heavy dead’s and pendlay rows today. Felt pretty good but I think I’m gonna go ahead and take a recovery day tomorrow.

Hit 365 for 3 sets of 3 then a little cardio at 315 after. Been loving the pendlay rows after dead’s to keep my lower back from burning and getting too pumped unlike a typical barbell row.

May try to start updating once or twice a week with programming, diet and weight.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score

Everyone has their own style so this is just a suggestion. Coast into the top and try not to over extend backward; this may avoid an unnecessary injury. Also try to reset your hips each time. Think of it as 8 singles rather then a set of 8 reps.

Damn strong work and you left a few reps on the table. You competing or considering it? You got 4 plates in ya on a bad day. Nice job!

Reaction score
Everyone has their own style so this is just a suggestion. Coast into the top and try not to over extend backward; this may avoid an unnecessary injury. Also try to reset your hips each time. Think of it as 8 singles rather then a set of 8 reps.

Damn strong work and you left a few reps on the table. You competing or considering it? You got 4 plates in ya on a bad day. Nice job!

Thanks man I’m trying to decide whether I want to try and stay tight as I come down with every rep or do what you say and almost treat them all as singles. I see a lot of people bounce when they go for reps.

But as far as competing I’m still undecided. Everyone at my gym competetes in tested federations but I am going to have a guy write me up a program so we’ll see how much that motivates me to do my first untested comp.

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
Alright I I woke up this morning At 173.6 I guess that means I’m starting to go up a tiny bit in weight and I’m really hoping it means this pct is doing it’s job. Typically I do short cycles but this 16 week test c cycle really shut me down. Luckily I have kept some of the strength and muscle recruiting patterns that I gained and worked on while on cycle.

Gonna go hit some squats today. Still been eating really good and I’m avoiding eating out which is helping out a lot and saving me money.

Reaction score
Weight is still steadily staying 173 even though I’m eating 4000 plus calories a day but I am feeling a little bit stronger in the gym so that will help me ignore not gaining weight.

I primarily deadlift conventionally but I am gonna start pulling sumo to see what kind of carry over it will have for my squat or vice versa. Pulled sumo today and it felt a lot better on my back.

Reaction score
Alright guys a little update.. weight still the same. 172.2 this morning. I have my new programming that I started this week and it is laid out for a month of workouts 6x a week. Monday I hit Legs at 295 for 4x4 then bench at 225 3x3 and 3x10 lunges. Tuesday was 3x6 bench at 205, flat Dumbell press at about RPE 8 3x10, shoulder press with 95 pounds for 3x10 then 2 super sets of 3x12 for biceps and triceps. Really hoping if I stick to this programming I will see some good results.

Reaction score
Alright guys a little update.. weight still the same. 172.2 this morning. I have my new programming that I started this week and it is laid out for a month of workouts 6x a week. Monday I hit Legs at 295 for 4x4 then bench at 225 3x3 and 3x10 lunges. Tuesday was 3x6 bench at 205, flat Dumbell press at about RPE 8, shoulder press with 95 pounds for 3x10 then 2 super sets of 3x12 for biceps abs triceps. Really hoping if I stick to this programming I will see some good results.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Alright guys a little update.. weight still the same. 172.2 this morning. I have my new programming that I started this week and it is laid out for a month of workouts 6x a week. Monday I hit Legs at 295 for 4x4 then bench at 225 3x3 and 3x10 lunges. Tuesday was 3x6 bench at 205, flat Dumbell press at about RPE 8, shoulder press with 95 pounds for 3x10 then 2 super sets of 3x12 for biceps abs triceps. Really hoping if I stick to this programming I will see some good results.

Looks good brother keep it up! What’s your protocol for increasing weight to ensure progressive overload

Reaction score
Looks good brother keep it up! What’s your protocol for increasing weight to ensure progressive overload

It is set up on a google spreadsheet so I can leave my own notes but most of the major lifts are already phased for certain weight or rep ranges that increase weekly. Some of these workouts are kicking my ass so I can definitely tell I was not pushing myself enough before

Reaction score
Week one of my programming is in the books and it kicked my ass. It felt great though and I definitely realized that I was really underestimating what I could lift or how much I should do. It’s really beneficial to have my workouts mapped out and to be able to go in to the gym and just focus on the lifts.

Weight still floating around 172 but my calories are still 3500 to 4000+ a day. Starting to think that’s my maintenance for Calories since I’m not gaining but it’s also hard to stuff so many healthy Whole Foods down to reach my desired caloric intake. May start supplementing more with some homemade weight gainers.

New Threads