Longs log

Long

Elite
Reaction score
View attachment 7626
Weird calf shot
Monday I will try and get pumped comparisons. Curious as to how much size I will lose cutting this much weight.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You do things a bit different then most but you seem to know how it works for you. You have everything tailored to what your goals so run with it. The's no reason that a 41 y.o. can not be in great shape unless he chooses not to.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Weird calf shot
Monday I will try and get pumped comparisons. Curious as to how much size I will lose cutting this much weight.

Pumping your calves will make them pool with blood. This will make them bigger to a tape but look smaller because you'll lose your cuts.

As for losing calf size on a cut; unless you're storing fat there, it's not probable. You don't seem to have much fat there so I bet you will be okay.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
My calves are 16 1/2 my neck is 18.
Still feel alright. Two days off helped. Added 10lbs to my bench. I do a warm up and then 4 sets of 8.(or failure)Added 10lbs to my dead lift. Did my 50 pull ups 15/12/10/13. Tourqued my wrist a and have been using wraps. I only used them on the flat and incline bench and the deadlifts today.
Getting a new speed bag swivel coming in today. Getting rid of the plastic ball. So probably speed bag/jump rope cardio. Added a wood drum to stiffen up the speed bag platform this weekend. The shorter swivel will let the bag travel a shorter distance and be faster. I'm going to get some 30 inch hardwood rounds cut or find an end grain round butcher's block and build a drum I can use large speed bags on.View attachment 7630

Last edited:

Long

Elite
Reaction score
View attachment 7631
The old one is just a plastic housing and plastic ball. I blasted a couple of these style swivels apart some time back. The ball sheds plastic and doesn't swivel smoothly. The action is too long. The new one came from Title. It is the super fast pro swivel. It is smooth. Speed bag cardio is awesome because it works the shoulders and when your legs are trashed you have an option. Not to mention the hand speed/eye hand improvement. My go to favorite is 6/6. Six 3 min rounds on the heavy bag and six 3 min rounds on the speed bag with one min rest. I barely take the rest on the speed bag. On the heavy bag I need it.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Tweaking ditching 10/6/4 s and a couple of exercises picking up some sets and exercises
Everything is 4 sets except abs and calves 5 sets
Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday
Barbell shrugs
Push press
Heavy upright rows
Dumbbell lateral
Bent rear
Straight bar curls
Seated dumbbell
Concentration curls
Close grip press
Dips
Overhead ex triceps press
Wrist curls/reverse
Rev crunch

Cardio

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Mon/wed/Friday
Bench press
Incline press
Dumbbell flies flat
50 pull ups
Chest supported dumbbell rows
Deadlifts
Leg extensions
Leg curls
Calf raises
Crunches

Heavy bag/speed bag/rope

Long

Elite
Reaction score
230.4 lbs
Here is how it worked out with my notes.
Shrugs 15/15/12/12 think I need to go up
Push press 6/6/6/6
Heavy upright rows 10/10/10/10 my form was shit, stay, work on better form
Dumbbell lateral 8/8/8/8
Bent rear 8/8/8/8
Straight bar curls 8/8/8/8 I've been doing ez and dumbbell do long...straight bar hit the outside of the biceps where I have no been getting. I could feel the outside peak. Nice
Dumbbell standing 8/8/8/8
Concentration curls 8/8/8/8
Close grip press 8/8/8/8 need to add weight. I could have done more
Dips 12/12/12/12
Overhead ez try 12/12/10/10 tank was empty
Wrist curls and reverse 8/8/8/8 low weight trying to come out of wrist pain. Bad form on the clean and press I think.
Rev crunch 15/15/15/15/15

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Here is what I ate yesterday. I have been dropping weight fast the last couple of days! I don't think I am missing anything. But I'm not good at figuring a diet.
Coffee, isolated whey shake(water), multivitamin teaspoon creatine, apple,slice of whole grain wheat bread, can of tuna, tablespoon of mayo, cup of peas, (tuna and peas I switch around with lettuce and egg/chicken.)orange, can of sardines, slice of whole grain bread, coffee, boiled egg, apple, two cups of egg noodles, three large Turkey burg and stuffing meatballs(made with egg) large serving mixed vegetables, Turkey gravy, banana, isolated whey shake. I usually eat a bowl of raisin bran with whole milk but not last night.
Anyone sees anything way off in my diet feel free to say whatever. I have been between 2,100 and 2,500 I think.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
A suggestion.

It would be easier to read if you put things in paragraphs, spaces between meals, etc...

It's kind of tough to get the true picture of what you're doing.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
A suggestion.

It would be easier to read if you put things in paragraphs, spaces between meals, etc...

It's kind of tough to get the true picture of what you're doing.
Wake up
Coffee, isolated whey shake(water), multivitamin teaspoon creatine, apple or orange banana

Work out
slice of whole grain wheat bread, can of tuna, tablespoon of mayo, cup of peas, (tuna and peas I switch around with salad lettuce and egg/chicken.)

About an hour
orange (snack)

(Cardio here)
can of sardines, slice of whole grain bread,

About an hour
coffee around 2ish
boiled egg (snack)

(Or cardio here)
apple (snack)

Supper
two cups of egg noodles, three large Turkey burg and stuffing meatballs(made with egg) large serving mixed vegetables, Turkey gravy

About an hour
banana (snack)

About a half hour before bed
raisin bran

Right before I go to sleep
isolated whey shake, orange.

Also eat mixed nuts, trail mix, while grain and nut mix swapping in and out on the snacks. Mostly fruit in the am and always an orange before bed.

Workouts take about an hor and a half. Cardio is an hour.

Last edited:

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Much better Long.

And I'm kind of disappointed that FD has not shown up in a thread entitled Long Log.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
My boxing goals and my weightlifting goals are not on the same path.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
My boxing goals and my weightlifting goals are not on the same path.

awesome job so far dude. Since you are talking about competing in the ring again, I am assuming that fighting is your focus and weightlifting is a tool for you. Keep pushing forward.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Tired all day. No lifting. Dizzy as shit this afternoon. My head was kind of cloudy. Dumped 1500 calories down my throat hole at supper. Need to rethink this shit.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
You are doing a lot of work. Is it a huge jump in volume from what you were doing before?

New Threads