Longs log

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Get this-

My stance is goofy footed. I'm left handed.

The heelfip was easy and the first trick I mastered after ollies. I could NOT do a kickflip for the life of me.

I think my goofy stance is the reason.

Which one was easier for you?

i once knew a guy who could hardflip but barely ollie, figure that one out lol

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Get this-

My stance is goofy footed. I'm left handed.

The heelfip was easy and the first trick I mastered after ollies. I could NOT do a kickflip for the life of me.

I think my goofy stance is the reason.

Which one was easier for you?

At 6' 220lbs and 41 years old they all suck when you eat it. Shit takes a toll. The first thing I learned was how to power slide. The ollie was second.

Long

Elite
Reaction score

I would like to be able to recover faster.

Front squats 8x8

Leg extensions 8x8 (went up 5lbs)

Hamstring curls 8x8

Straight legged dead lifts 8x8 (switching these to dead lifts)

Calf raises Vince style 8x8 (went up 10lbs)

Weighted crunch 8x8 (went up 10)

Last edited:

Long

Elite
Reaction score

Pull ups 8x8

Rows 8x8

Dumbbell chest supported 8x8

Spider curls EZ 8x8

Body drag curls 8x8

Wrist curls 8x8

Reverse wrist curls 8x8

Long

Elite
Reaction score
222.something I forget.

This is the third week I am in 8x8s. After the 4 week mark I will take a week off from weights and focus on boxing only. I will return after that week to a different program focused on increasing my weights.

I have reduced my calories to 2,900 and have my macros set at 35% protein, 25%carbs, 40% fat.

I had to remove lying rears from this routine. My rears are getting hit plenty and are smoked after side raises lately. Concentration on form I imagine.

All my barbell shrugs, lifts and pressing movements start from the floor not a rack.

Heavy shrugs 8x8

Upright rows 8x8

Push presses 8x8 (this is one of the most taxing movements I do. I am truly wrecked after 8)

Dumbbell front raises 8x8

Dumbbell side raises 8x8

PM
Jump rope 3 min

Double end bag 4x3

Speed bag 3x3

Long

Elite
Reaction score
I have only used the double end bag a couple times now. It's one peice of equipment I never messed with. This is after shoulders and probably my second or third round.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
222.something I forget.

This is the third week I am in 8x8s. After the 4 week mark I will take a week off from weights and focus on boxing only. I will return after that week to a different program focused on increasing my weights.

I have reduced my calories to 2,900 and have my macros set at 35% protein, 25%carbs, 40% fat.

I had to remove lying rears from this routine. My rears are getting hit plenty and are smoked after side raises lately. Concentration on form I imagine.

All my barbell shrugs, lifts and pressing movements start from the floor not a rack.

Heavy shrugs 8x8

Upright rows 8x8

Push presses 8x8 (this is one of the most taxing movements I do. I am truly wrecked after 8)

Dumbbell front raises 8x8

Dumbbell side raises 8x8

PM
Jump rope 3 min

Double end bag 4x3

Speed bag 3x3

That's a good and effective program for the shoulders, not bad at all!

Long

Elite
Reaction score

Ended up doing 3 rounds heavy bag, 3 rounds double end bag, 3 rounds speed bag.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Chest and triceps
Looking forward to the new program and picking up the boxing again. I've definitely slowed down and my cardio has suffered.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
I'm new to the double end bag. Still at the 1,2. Working up to some 3 and 4 punch combos with head movement, level and angle changes. Getting there slowly. Got some good solid news in that department.

It's not an easy piece of equipment to pick up, but it would be very easy to "cheat" but I'm not into that.
https://youtu.be/ODejn34an-Y

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Had no idea what a double end bag was. Closest I could imagine was that scene from Requiem For a Dream.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Had no idea what a double end bag was. Closest I could imagine was that scene from Requiem For a Dream.

Lol.
I never had used one. It is the closest thing to having a live opponents head to tag on in my opinion. Its definitely humbling and forces me to be honest with my striking.

Reactions: Jin

Long

Elite
Reaction score

I'm stopping the creatine. I eat enough steak every day it is probably pointless. I increased my dedicated liver pills to 3, 3 times a day.

I'm dropping some exercises on chest and triceps day due to redundancy and in favour of more weight on the others that seem to work the groups better.

Bench press 8x8

Cable cross 8x8

Triceps rope press down 8x8 (kneeling)

PM.

3 min jump rope

Pad work

Crunches weighed 8x8

(Went up 10lbs in the bench press and 5lbs in both the cable cross and the triceps rope, still no failure to complete any reps even with the 30 second breaks. Amazing pump, starting to see real changes in the mirror as well as weight loss on a daily basis.)

(Did 1 3 min round on the jump rope, 3,3min rounds on the pads, 3,3 min rounds on the double end bag and then forgot about abs and did another 3 min on the jump rope.)

Last edited:

Long

Elite
Reaction score
221.0:(
I was over 20g on my carbs and under 19g on my fat and under 34g on my protien. Could have been food choices and when I ate as well. Back at it.

Deadlifts 8x8

Leg extensions 8x8

Hamstring curl 8x8

Calf raises 8x8

(Added weighted crunches 8x8)

PM (breaking Vince's rules here:32 (17):

Shrugs 8x8

Push press 8x8

Dumbbell lateral 8x8

Wrist curls 8x8
(Wrist curls and reverse done back to back for sets)

Last edited:

Long

Elite
Reaction score
220.2:32 (1):

Pull ups 8x8

Rows 4x8 (straight bar) 4x8 (chest supported dumbbell) done consecutively as an 8x8.

Spider curls 8x8 (changed to dumbbell standing)

(Added hammer curls 8x8)

Thought
No less than two exercises per muscle group with the exception of calves and forearms no matter if is 4x8 or 10x10. I feel from trying one that I need to hit the muscle from a minimum of two angles for it to be properly worked.

PM Pad work, combinations.

Ended up doing 3 min jump rope, 3 rounds heavy bag, 3 rounds double end bag, 3 rounds speed bag.

Last edited: