elbow gave out

Cslogger515

Reaction score
So I had 305 on the bench and my left elbow just went out and I can’t straighten it or flex. I had a problem with my left shoulder benching for a long time after my bike wreck. Cracked shoulder blade in half. Has been doing fine than suddenly elbow feels like it blew out. Think I just pulled something? I got the weight up myself but it doesn’t feel right.

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
Look up the info for the tendon that ends up getting tennis elbow. I tore mine in July 2018, still hasnt healed because I keep training.
Doc says to stop for 6 months and it will heal. (Uhmmm, nope). It may not be that tendon on you, but if so there's good stuff online about how to rehab it.
(If its something else, I'm sure there info on it as well). Ive been injecting BPC-157 and TB-500, look up that stuff, really helping, I love it.

I also train in tight mini-wraps (compression cuffs) now for bench and shoulders, also really helps. Anyways, find out where it hurts, try to lok it up (if you dont want to go to a Doc, all they do is send you to useless rehab, which you can do on your own).

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/supplements-articles/how-to-use-tb-500/

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/supplements-articles/how-to-use-bpc-157/

https://tuffwraps.com/collections/c...ff-cuff-4-stiff-compression-support-black-out

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your injury. Could you be more specific on "Gave out"? Number of reps? Was the pain, a pop, feel a tear? Did it feel off the bottom or the lock out? How does the bicep feel, not common could it be in there?

Cslogger515

Reaction score
It felt like something tore I was on 5th rep and about half way down it felt like something pulled away. It’s about where the funny bone is. I dropped weight down to 135 to finish and I did 2 sets and had to stop. I warmed up before I started and I pyramided my way up to 305.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
It felt like something tore I was on 5th rep and about half way down it felt like something pulled away. It’s about where the funny bone is. I dropped weight down to 135 to finish and I did 2 sets and had to stop. I warmed up before I started and I pyramided my way up to 305.

Odd it happened on the descent but it does happen. Yeah, Tri injury. Do the SOP for an injury; RICE with some Aleve (Naproxen) for 3 days. One piece of advise, once you feel something go wrong, stop, put the weights away and go home. Nothing good ever came out of "Testing" an injury. Give it a week or 2 off and start back slowly. Sorry to hear this.

Cslogger515

Reaction score
Thanks for advice I’ll give it a few weeks like you said.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for advice I’ll give it a few weeks like you said.

Do those things that do not involve that Tri and please post your recovery. One more piece of advice, double down on the Naproxen providing you're not running any orals at the moment. Just keep it to 3 days because longer could delay the healing process.

Cslogger515

Reaction score
Do those things that do not involve that Tri and please post your recovery. One more piece of advice, double down on the Naproxen providing you're not running any orals at the moment. Just keep it to 3 days because longer could delay the healing process.
it’s starting to feel better been sore but is healing. I think two weeks it will be good to go. Thanks for the advice again snake appreciate it.

Cslogger515

Reaction score
Elbow is all healed up thanks again snake for the advice appreciate it.

New Threads