Putting my money where my mouth is

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Noone needs peds to cut. But it definitely helps asfar as maintaining muscle on a cal deficit. And providing more strength , endurance , and recovery from continuing to train hard while cutting.

I have a hypothesis I am testing out.

(zilla, don’t give me sh$t about poor test designed )

My hypothesis is that muscle loss occurs when someone tries to rush it ( i.e too few calories, with too much cardio). I am taking my time with only a slight decrease in calories and no increase in cardio. We’ll see.

It’s 8 weeks. If I don’t look any different, or even look worse, we’ll be able to cross something off our list.

Last edited:

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
DK, glad to see this being put out there.

Some of us that have been around for a loooooong time have to remind ourselves of our own 'wisdom'. Great job, subbed.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If I wasn't finishing up a small blast of sorts I would volunteer for the drug side.

You already look great DK, can't imagine dropping another 12.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve talked to a couple of you about this, but I will open it up to everyone.

If anyone else wants to do an 8 week cut to get ready for summer let’s do it. Sometimes having someone going through the same sh&t makes dieting a little less sh&tty.

A couple of things:

- Be as enhanced as you want to be. We may be taking different paths, but we’ll be trying to get to the same place.
- This isn’t about competition. It’s about camaraderie. I want you to get as cut AF as much as you do.
- If you are in, you’re in. It’s only 8 weeks. Don’t be a pu$$y and throw in the towel after 4. I will give you sh$t about it for the rest of your life.

If you’re in, throw up a log and let’s get it done. 8 weeks will put us at June (aka pool time)

Last edited:

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I won't be able to change anything until the 15th but may run this with you buddy.

What's the plan?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I won't be able to change anything until the 15th but may run this with you buddy.

What's the plan?

My plan is to keep it simple. I am going to eat less.

I have tried more sophisticated diets in the past, but I have found that as complexity goes up my ability to comply goes down.

I was maintaining at 3000-3500. I am dieting at 2,700. I am going to take an average weekly weight loss and adjust calories according.

At my bf% (> 15%) any diet plan will work. I just need to work the plan.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Then any plan should work for me as I'm >15% myself. Let's talk some more in the next week or so but I"m probably all in with you buddy.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
2200 calories so far today. Will hit target before bed. It’s a rest day so just a walk at lunch and a half hour of cardio.

I am used to starting stimulants on day 1 of a diet (not a best practice). It’s strange not to be. Nothing drastic, but I usually associate dieting with a slightly strung out feeling. Don’t miss it. Just an observation.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Back and cardio tonight. Went up at least one rep from last week or added weight for each movement.

I have trouble with mid night snacking so I ate 1000 calories before the sun came up. Has made for a long day, but I am still on target. Energy and pumps still at baseline.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not much to update. Rest day that consisted of little other than talking the dog out for a walk. 2400 calories so far. Will easily hit 2700.

Got a 20 min nap in today. Fuking love naps!

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Kinda shocked at the water loss thus far. I weighed in at 218 this morning. I had no idea I was holding so much water. Feel good, but this isn't a pace I want to keep up. Haven't had much trouble keeping to 2,700 calories. I don't feel starving, but it's a far cry from how much I eat when I'm not counting calories. Feel slightly tired today, but it's just end of the week fatigue. I'm going to take a quick nap and then chest, delts, and arms. Posting pic not to show fat loss, but to show how much water I was holding. Been consistently eating a 33% fat, 33% protein, 33% split. It's hasn't been intentional. Just the way I eat.

Attachments

• 3 31 progress.jpg
    3 31 progress.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great work dk, glad to see you getting after it buddy.

What a difference a little water makes, can't wait to get on this cut with you brother.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great work dk, glad to see you getting after it buddy.

What a difference a little water makes, can't wait to get on this cut with you brother.

Thanks!

Excited for you to start on the 15th.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Complete off day today. Took the dog for a walk and got a massage. My massage therapist is great, but kind of kooky. She asked me today if I wanted to join her men’s support group where guys share their feelings, offer support, and celebrate the season of pices. WTF!

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Complete off day today. Took the dog for a walk and got a massage. My massage therapist is great, but kind of kooky. She asked me today if I wanted to join her men’s support group where guys share their feelings, offer support, and celebrate the season of pices. WTF!

I think she was just testing out if your gay or not lol.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

Your MT is female. And asked you to join her men’s support group?