Putting my money where my mouth is

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've made a bit of a stink about not needing PEDs to cut so I've decided to take a dose of my own medicine to prove the point that you can do it with diet alone. If anyone wants to do an 8 week cut with anabolics, but no change in diet please post up. I'd love to be proven wrong on this one.

Starting weight: 226lbs
Height 6ft
Protocol: TRT dose (puts me at the high-end of normal)
Diet: 2,700 calories Weeks 1-4, 2,500 calories weeks 4-8
No change in training
I'll post daily, update pics every two weeks.
Goal: 210-215lbs

pic 3 31.jpg

Last edited:

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
thanks for the log and I'll be following. Just not sure the point. I don't recall anyone saying you can't lean down without peds. unless I missed that conversation. Lol anyway, I'm sure you'll meet your goal satisfied.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No one has said you can’t lean down without PEDs , however , there aren’t many conversations on here about cutting that don’t include them.

Just looking to show you don’t need one to get the other.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
No one has said you can’t lean down without PEDs , however , there aren’t many conversations on here about cutting that don’t include them.

Just looking to show you don’t need one to get the other.

I'd agree with ya but don't forget, the AAS will put some muscle on you and that alone will slightly change someones BF%. It also depends on where you want to drop your BF from. 20% BF to 16% natty can not compare to 10% BF to 6% with gear when you're trying to spare muscle tissue.

I know this is to prove a point but as a side note, you look good now and 12 lbs lighter, you're going to look great. Best wishes on this.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd agree with ya but don't forget, the AAS will put some muscle on you and that alone will slightly change someones BF%. It also depends on where you want to drop your BF from. 20% BF to 16% natty can not compare to 10% BF to 6% with gear when you're trying to spare muscle tissue.

I know this is to prove a point but as a side note, you look good now and 12 lbs lighter, you're going to look great. Best wishes on this.

Sorry if this came across as anti-drug. That’s not the intent. I have used and will use in the future.

It’s just that I have caught myself saying diet is more important than drugs at times when it was very hypocritical for me to say. Time to live up to my own words.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry if this came across as anti-drug. That’s not the intent. I have used and will use in the future.

It’s just that I have caught myself saying diet is more important than drugs at times when it was very hypocritical for me to say. Time to live up to my own words.

No reason for the sorry brother. I'm on board with you. Just an FYI, I competed in BB and PL natty for many years so I have seen both sides. I like what you're doing.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Subscribed very interested to keep tabs on your progress. Looking great by the way

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Watching this one bro!

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Who the **** claimed you can/should cut without changing your diet?

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I am in, I might do the drug assisted cut without changing my diet once I get my estrogen in check

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am in, I might do the drug assisted cut without changing my diet once I get my estrogen in check

Let’s do it and no hard feelings if your abs get twice as sharp as mine. It would be cool to be able to point to two logs: one with diet and no AAS and one with AAS but no diet.

To snakes’s point, unless you go crazy with the calories, your bf % should go down.

Last edited:

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I would change my training and cardio though so it’s not only drug assisted

Let’s do it and no hard feelings if your abs get twice as sharp as mine. It would be cool to be able to point to two logs: one with diet and no AAS and one with AAS but no diet.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Noone needs peds to cut. But it definitely helps asfar as maintaining muscle on a cal deficit. And providing more strength , endurance , and recovery from continuing to train hard while cutting.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
2,000 calories so far today. Will have to space things out more evenly going forward so I am not eating a 700 cal meal before bed. Roughly 33% carbs, 33% protein, and 33% fat. Not feeling hungry, but not feeling full either.

Calves, abs, and 30 mins cardio. Did an hour walk at lunch as well ( I have a desk job)

New Threads