Putting my money where my mouth is

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Sometimes keeping a log feels a little bit like whistling in a graveyard.
Lol I know what you’re saying. Felt the same way with my log. I was gonna run a cut with you but decided I wasn’t ready. Not being totally into it yet would probably guarantee I’d fail. Looks like you’re doing great so far, can’t wait to see how it turns out.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol I know what you’re saying. Felt the same way with my log. I was gonna run a cut with you but decided I wasn’t ready. Not being totally into it yet would probably guarantee I’d fail. Looks like you’re doing great so far, can’t wait to see how it turns out.

Sounds good and makes sense. Another time, perhaps.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Calves, abs, and cardio.

April 15th, 2019: the day I finally felt rope crunches where I was supposed to.

2100 calories thus far. Looking forward to a big ( aka normal sized) dinner

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I eat 70% of my calories by noon. I think I have an eating disorder.

2300 calories thus far. No weights today, but cardio and taking the dog for a walk.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll be over my calories today.

I've found that some foods "trigger" me as in if I have a little I'll end up having a lot. It's strange, it's not a hunger thing, but I think it's more of a brain connection and pleasure seeking behavior. Have some salted almonds; want more salt. Have something a little sweet, want something sweeter. My latest trigger has been sugarless gum. I'm either chewing piece after piece or seeking something to eat.

It sounds boring and would be devoid of all pleasure, but I am going to start consciously eating blander foods. It will either keep me from a binge or lead me to one.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Try not eating until noon

Sometimes I eat 70% of my calories by noon. I think I have an eating disorder.

2300 calories thus far. No weights today, but cardio and taking the dog for a walk.

Reactions: Jin

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Try not eating until noon

This is going to sound like an excuse, and in a way it is, but I can't sleep on an empty stomach so most of those calories happen when I wake up at night between mid-night and 2am. I've literally woken up in the morning with a piece of bread sticking out of my mouth.

But you've given me something to strive for. Appreciate it.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
If you don’t eat till noon then get all your calories in then you won’t be sleeping on an empty stomach

This is going to sound like an excuse, and in a way it is, but I can't sleep on an empty stomach so most of those calories happen when I wake up at night between mid-night and 2am. I've literally woken up in the morning with a piece of bread sticking out of my mouth.

But you've given me something to strive for. Appreciate it.

Reactions: Jin

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you don’t eat till noon then get all your calories in then you won’t be sleeping on an empty stomach

I'll give it a shot tomorrow and let you know.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
I'll be over my calories today.

I've found that some foods "trigger" me as in if I have a little I'll end up having a lot. It's strange, it's not a hunger thing, but I think it's more of a brain connection and pleasure seeking behavior. Have some salted almonds; want more salt. Have something a little sweet, want something sweeter. My latest trigger has been sugarless gum. I'm either chewing piece after piece or seeking something to eat.

It sounds boring and would be devoid of all pleasure, but I am going to start consciously eating blander foods. It will either keep me from a binge or lead me to one.

My own personal take is chewing gum initiates saliva production and tells the digestive system that food is coming down the hatch - then no food = hey I'm hungry. No clear scientific consensus with studies saying it does/doesn't suppress appetite though.

https://sites.psu.edu/siowfa15/2015/12/02/does-chewing-gum-make-you-hungry/

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My own personal take is chewing gum initiates saliva production and tells the digestive system that food is coming down the hatch - then no food = hey I'm hungry. No clear scientific consensus with studies saying it does/doesn't suppress appetite though.

https://sites.psu.edu/siowfa15/2015/12/02/does-chewing-gum-make-you-hungry/

I think you may be on to something there. I only recently quit chewing nicotine gum , which was great at suppressing appetite, and switched to regular sugarless. Your saliva theory makes sense. I also think there is some sort of hunger neurons firing due to the extreme sweetness.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
How you get on eating later??

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How you get on eating later??

You know what? I liked it. Morning was a little long, but it pay dividends on the tail end of the day. Going to see if I can make a streak of it. Day 2.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Thats good hope it helps

You know what? I liked it. Morning was a little long, but it pay dividends on the tail end of the day. Going to see if I can make a streak of it. Day 2.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
3 Week progress. I've had some issues staying within my calorie restriction this past week. Basically, if I didn't post my calories you can read between the lines and say that's a day dk f-ed up. Still making progress. Just not at the pace I have the potential for. Daily average weight this week = 216.

3 week progress.jpg

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Did legs this morning. Squatted 375 x 9 , but realize I need more time to wake up and get warmed up. Tried to rush so I could spend time with the family, but it didn’t work. Felt stiff and my lower back felt vulnerable. Most likely over calorie target due to having to guess some food weights during Easter dinner.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Impressive squatting.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Did legs again yesterday due to being dissatisfied with Sunday performance. About 2800 calories yesterday and again today.

Doing cardio as I type. Look who earned 3/4 of a slice of bread!

aa8a0f41a9fed172d20c587cdfdb322d.jpg

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just keep kicking ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You always do!!!!!!!!!!!:p

New Threads