Var added to Test cycle? HCG advice?

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, gearing up for a first cycle, I'm ready to just stick to Test E obviously, I know that's the advice and I'm ready to follow it. Plus AI on hand, proper PCT (clo/nolv), maybe some HCG in the mix. 2 questions though.

1. What does everyone think is the ideal way to run HCG for this cycle? 500IU a week split into 2 doses for the whole cycle, a blast before PCT, both, neither.... Lets assume money and/or HCG are both plentiful and I don't have any limit on either. There are alot of different opinions, so feel free to let me know what's worked for you, your buddy, whoever. I'm trying to finalize my plan and this has been the hardest part to decide on.

2. I don't know why I'm even asking this as I know what the answer will be, but here it goes: I'm interested in anavar, I like the sound of hardening, strength, and clean muscle gains. Do you guys think it woud be awful to add it to the beginning or end of this cycle? I'm sure I will hear that I should just go test alone, and thats probably what I will do, just curious to see what folks say about this. I'll try not to be one of these people who asks to hear what they want to hear then gets upset when they're told its stupid :)

Thanks for the help gentlemen!

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1. Hcg During trt at 250iu twice a week is ok but on a cycle I believe it shouldn't be any less then 500iu twice a week. As far as hcg in pct, for this cycle being a very mild one, you don't really need to use hcg for pct or during the cycle for that matter. I'm not saying you cant, just that its not a must. Test cycles are normally easy recovery cycles. You could always run a blast between your last test inject and serms therapy but again its not really necessary.

2. I would throw the var in the last 8 weeks of your cycle. No issues adding var in on a first cycle bro.

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1. Hcg During trt at 250iu twice a week is ok but on a cycle I believe it shouldn't be any less then 500iu twice a week. As far as hcg in pct, for this cycle being a very mild one, you don't really need to use hcg for pct or during the cycle for that matter. I'm not saying you cant, just that its not a must. Test cycles are normally easy recovery cycles. You could always run a blast between your last test inject and serms therapy but again its not really necessary.

So do you think that I would benefit (in terms of faster recovery post-cycle) at all from using HCG either during cycle or as a blast before pct? Is there any potential downside?

2. I would throw the var in the last 8 weeks of your cycle. No issues adding var in on a first cycle bro.

Ok cool. What would be a good amount to run, like 50 mg ED? Keeping in mind that it is my first cycle and I should probably keep it on the lower end? Also, would 4 weeks not be long enough to see results from it?

Thanks for the replies Cobra, from what I've read of your posts I think you're an intelligent and knowledgeable guy and clearly you have a lot of respect from other members.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
the only down side to hcg is the aromatization, other than that it wouldnt hurt you to run it. It is always beneficial no matter what cycle but it isnt always necessary.

as far as var goes...I wouldnt run var under 60mg a day. Var doesnt really cause sides so you dont have to worry alot about it. I run my var at 80mg/day and it seems to work pretty good. I think 4 weeks is a little short for var. IMO I would go 6-8 with 6 being the absolute minimum

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
the only down side to hcg is the aromatization, other than that it wouldnt hurt you to run it. It is always beneficial no matter what cycle but it isnt always necessary.

as far as var goes...I wouldnt run var under 60mg a day. Var doesnt really cause sides so you dont have to worry alot about it. I run my var at 80mg/day and it seems to work pretty good. I think 4 weeks is a little short for var. IMO I would go 6-8 with 6 being the absolute minimum

Ok thanks for the info on the var.

I would probably run an AI throughout this cycle at a low dose, especially if I'm running hcg. I was thinking of starting really low, aromasin at 6.25mg ed from the beginning and go from there. I may very well have to up it but I can see how the estro sides feel.
Would you recommend HCG during cycle, as a blast before PCT, or both? I thought I had read that if you run it during cycle, you don't have to blast it, and vice versa. Which is better? I think I would prefer to run it even if it isn't necessary, if it gets me fully recovered 1 week faster than without I will consider that worth it, you know?
I sort of prefer the idea of running hcg throughout the cycle 2xweek or e3d or something. In that case would I blast it before PCT? I just want to see what people think works best.

BTW I plan on switching to test prop the last 2-3 weeks before PCT for a quicker transition.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you could do it either way. The only thing hcg does on cycle is keep ITT (intra-testicular testosterone) up and keeps the nuts ready to accept the Lh signal. However the Lh signal is not being produced until your testosterone levels drop to physiological levels. That is when your body will start sending the Lh signal and your testicles will start recieving it. You can accomplish this with the blast only as well. You blast high dosages of hcg after you hit those physiological levels and it gets your nuts pumping natty test and prepares them to accept the natty lh signal. On heavy cycles, such as ones that include 19 nors, I would recommend running hcg on cycle and before pct but on test only neither is really needed. It will still aid in recovery so I suppose I would just use it before pct to help with recovery. If you use hcg on cycle you still need to use it before pct as it only has a 4-5 day half life. That would be like stopping your cycle half way through and thinking the aas will still be there to do its job for the back half, it doesnt work....no reason to stop hcg once your started it.

so if you want to use hcg then go for it, no issues there. If you want to use it just for pct then no issues there either. If you dont want to use it on this cycle then no issues there either lol take your pic

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you could do it either way. The only thing hcg does on cycle is keep ITT (intra-testicular testosterone) up and keeps the nuts ready to accept the Lh signal. However the Lh signal is not being produced until your testosterone levels drop to physiological levels. That is when your body will start sending the Lh signal and your testicles will start recieving it. You can accomplish this with the blast only as well. You blast high dosages of hcg after you hit those physiological levels and it gets your nuts pumping natty test and prepares them to accept the natty lh signal. On heavy cycles, such as ones that include 19 nors, I would recommend running hcg on cycle and before pct but on test only neither is really needed. It will still aid in recovery so I suppose I would just use it before pct to help with recovery. If you use hcg on cycle you still need to use it before pct as it only has a 4-5 day half life. That would be like stopping your cycle half way through and thinking the aas will still be there to do its job for the back half, it doesnt work....no reason to stop hcg once your started it.

so if you want to use hcg then go for it, no issues there. If you want to use it just for pct then no issues there either. If you dont want to use it on this cycle then no issues there either lol take your pic

Ha ha, thanks for your patience, I know I'm maybe over-thinking this a little. I know I'll be all good either way, just trying to optimize results to the best of my ability you know?

So yeah, if HCG was run throughout the cycle, I would just continue at that 500 IU 2xWeek dosage right up until the start of PCT right? but if I just want to do a blast I'm looking at maybe 1000IU EOD for 10 days before PCT? is that correct?

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
no worries bro! You could run the 500 twice a week up to pct if you want. The blast phase is best started when you normally would start your serms....then you start serms after the blast....1000iu in the blast for this cycle would suffice

Z

Zeek

I absolutely love to stack anavar with everything and anything, with that said on a first cycle I would stick to test only simply because your gains will be huge regardless! Save the var for the next run when gains don't come as easily as the first run.

If you don;t want to listen to an old coot, at least anavar is the mildest of the orals and relatively safe for someone early on in cycling.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love to stack anavar with everything and anything, with that said on a first cycle I would stick to test only simply because your gains will be huge regardless! Save the var for the next run when gains don't come as easily as the first run.

If you don;t want to listen to an old coot, at least anavar is the mildest of the orals and relatively safe for someone early on in cycling.

Then there is this ^^^^^ ;)

The man of wisdom and reason

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I like to stack var with fruit loops

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So what do you guys think would be the difference in results between me running test e @ 500mg/week for 12 weeks alone vs. running the same, but with the last 8 weeks adding anavar @ 75/day? Would the gains be more quality, would I stay leaner, strength gains more, or anything like that? or would it really not change much on a first cycle?

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score

BTW this is the answer I was expecting from everyone :) Thanks EZ

It wouldn't have felt right if someone hadn't chimed in that test only is the way to go first cycle ha ha

Reaction score
So what do you guys think would be the difference in results between me running test e @ 500mg/week for 12 weeks alone vs. running the same, but with the last 8 weeks adding anavar @ 75/day? Would the gains be more quality, would I stay leaner, strength gains more, or anything like that? or would it really not change much on a first cycle?

test alone is the safe way to go cause if you get any sides you now where they come from TEST!!! But I did not see any problem add var or d-bol to a first cycle to use this 2 as example. Cobra and EZ gave you best advice you can get so far. Oh yeah POB you great too (I need to keep him happy with me, lol) But at the end of the day is your choice bro. One or the other I think you`ll be ok just consider what was told to you by this Maters of the game.

New Threads