Role models. People you admire and why?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Tried this months ago. Let’s leave out your family. We know your daddy loves you and was your hero and we don’t care.

Henry Rollins:
early days: violent, cynic, angry, passionate. Broken. Badass (never liked his music)
Now: wise, tremendous insight, still fighting his brokenness but in positive ways: relentlessly disciplined. Empathetic.

Constants: confident, funny, no BS. “Wicked smart”.

His spoken word is really entertaining.

Joe Rogan:
Gives no ****s about giving it to you straight. Funny. Pot head. Badass. Highly intelligent and unbiased. Best podcast host ever.

commonalities: highly intelligent, reasonable, gym goers. Men who have stood up for the weak.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tried this months ago. Let’s leave out your family. We know your daddy loves you and was your hero and we don’t care.

Henry Rollins:
early days: violent, cynic, angry, passionate. Broken. Badass (never liked his music)
Now: wise, tremendous insight, still fighting his brokenness but in positive ways: relentlessly disciplined. Empathetic.

Joe Rogan:
Gives no ****s about giving it to you straight. Funny. Pot head. Badass. Highly intelligent and unbiased. Best podcast host ever.

commonalities: highly intelligent, reasonable, gym goers. Men who have stood up for the weak.
Same answers you gave last time....

Reaction score
For me, it’s Jesse James. Doesn’t give a **** what you think, one of the hardest workers, all the talent you could imagine. When he wants to do something, he does it. And he does it to the best of his ability every single time. He’s also a dog lover and for those reasons he has my utmost respect.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As cliche as it may sound, Dwayne Johnson.

The man has built his brand to an incredible level while maintaining a sense of where he came from. He works damn hard in the gym and has been able to do some amazing things. He is a devoted and loving father to his kids and certainly appears to be loyal in the public eye anyway.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I honestly can't think of anyone. The fact that I even have to think about it just proves I don't really look up to any specific one person. Not to the extent you're asking of. Of course I respect all peoples who try to do good. I Have a great value to my family and close friends.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Admire

verb

Regard with respect or warm approval.
——————

This isn’t that deep. I admire a lot of people on this board. Doesn’t mean they have to
be your idol. Doesn't mean you have to admit you look up to them:)

Really? Can’t think of anyone? You heartless ****s.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My brothers keeper...

I can respect anyone who serves others, even if it's for compensation. Anyone who devotes their time to improving the lives of others, reducing suffering, educating... That's a person on the right track.

I have had role models and looked up to people in the past. So often I wind up disappointed. We are all human and have our skeletons. I guess it's my fault for having looked up to someone and forgotten we are fallible by design.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Henry Rollins:

Joe Rogan:

you mentioned Henry Rollins. I'm hoping you read the full write up of Iron and the soul by Henry Rollins. It is an absolute gold piece. A gem.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
you mentioned Henry Rollins. I'm hoping you read the full write up of Iron and the soul by Henry Rollins. It is an absolute gold piece. A gem.

You’re a gem;)

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Winston Churchill. During WWII things looked hopeless for Great Britain and there were many who wanted to capitulate. Not only did Churchill want to keep fighting; he inspired the country to as well.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jesus, he did what he said he did, basically fortold the future, was a rebel and turned over a few tables in his time, faught, I mean literally faught the devil and his temptation, fed a ton of less than fortunate, had some close friends, dude turned water into wine!!!!! I MEAN C'MON!!!!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Winston Churchill. During WWII things looked hopeless for Great Britain and there were many who wanted to capitulate. Not only did Churchill want to keep fighting; he inspired the country to as well.

He also inspired countless bulldog owners to name them in his honor. Guilty.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
A few of mine...
David Freiburger: editor of Hot Rod magazine and host of Roadkill. Encyclopedic knowledge of cars and overall cool guy.

Joe Rogan: amazing podcast host, genuine guy, hard worker

Bill Murray: (watch the documentary on Netflix) his life philosophy and overall embrace of the random and opportunity life throws at you. Cool, laid back guy

Brian Shaw: he has a quiet, humble and non-assuming sense of self-confidence that embodies what I think it means to be successful and a champion. He never comes across as arrogant but let's his work ethic and success do the trash talking. Hope to see him stay competitive for a few more years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jin

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
Never had anyone to look up to (and still don't till this day)
Just shxty people that I never wanted to be like,
And shxty situations that I never wanted to be in.

New Threads