Needing some insight on my TRT journey

IronDarling

Lady Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! It's been a while but I'm back and back at it!

The last few years have been rough dealing with some health issues (Lupus,Thyroid, ect) but I am feeling like myself again after finding an amazing ARPN.
I've been dropping bf, weight, and actually able to lift and put on mass again like the old days!
I was wanting some insight:
One of the main things that she addressed was TRT.
My initial lab results for Testosterone (ng/dl) was 18!!!! ****ing crazy low and no wonder I felt like shit!
(I probably damaged my production after years of running EQ, Var, Deca, ect. OR I was self medicating the whole time without knowing)

This is my first time going a “clinical” route and was prescribed Cypionate .1- .2 ml bi weekly. In my experience, the half life is about a week so I quickly informed her I was taking 1x week .1ml.
Not that she would care much, but I bumped up to .2ml weekly. My body didn't seem to translate it much on the original prescribed dosage.
My last labs were done on 1/24 after being on Cyp for 4 months, and bumping up dosage to .2cc weekly for about a month.

They were as follows:
(For reference I'm a 29 yo female)

Test ng/dl: 48
Avg range bracket (12-82)

Free Test ng/dl: .43
Avg range bracket (.06-.92)

DHT: 201
Avg range bracket (99-360)

I am sitting pretty midline on all.
I have bloodwork coming up the end of this month. What are your suggestions?

Do you think the dosage change will be enough to tip the scales that drastically?
I'd like to stay on this dose or eventually more if my body allows… She's the type of ARPN that will hear me out and is supportive of female TRT.
Just wondering what other like minded perspectives are.
Should I back down until my next lab? (I'd rather not)
Or just maintain and see what the labs say? (And hope I'm not alarmingly high from a medical perspective)

I guess I'm just concerned considering how great I feel again.
Anyways, it's good to get on the forum again! Thanks for the support/input

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome back. Always try to give the Dr. the numbers they want if at all possible.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with mid-range for trt. Stay at a consistent dose for a while and see how you level out. Bloodwork is one part, how you feel is the other.

Just keep in mind trt isn't a cycle. So be conservative. And when it's time to blast, go ahead.

Reaction score
My only advice would be to be upfront and honest with the doc if she’s open. Your current dose may be put you towards the high side, but so what? If you’re in range you’re in range. And if you’re over, well have the honest convo with her and together you can work towards feeling great and being in range.

IronDarling

Lady Member
Reaction score
My only advice would be to be upfront and honest with the doc if she’s open. Your current dose may be put you towards the high side, but so what? If you’re in range you’re in range. And if you’re over, well have the honest convo with her and together you can work towards feeling great and being in range.
Very true! I am lucky that I can have open/honest dialogue with her.
I've even told her about my anabolic past and she was unphased.

I was just freaking out man, it's been 2/3 years since I've been healthy enough to lift... And ACTUALLY have my body respond like normal.

Reaction score
Very true! I am lucky that I can have open/honest dialogue with her.
I've even told her about my anabolic past and she was unphased.

I was just freaking out man, it's been 2/3 years since I've been healthy enough to lift... And ACTUALLY have my body respond like normal.
Don’t freak out, take advantage and lift some shit!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
welcome back. Nice to see you around again.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been on trt for 7 years ... I've found the best way to think of it as a restoration of youthful horme levels ... I also find diet and works equally important to get the full benefits ...

New Threads