Rotator cuff insertion

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I have been having this nagging problem in my shoulder and damn sure it's in the infraspinatus at the point of insertion. It's been a good 3 months now and is starting to effect my workouts. The wife can dig her elbow into it and it feels perfect for a few hr but then starts back up. Before, it was give me that post workout throb but it seems to be getting worse. Started a round of Naproxen this week and dropped a shoulder exercise that seems to bother it. Been keeping the reps high and not testing any heavy weights.

Anyone deal with this before and what did you do?

infraspinatrus-muscle.png

juuced

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hurt my shoulder playing beach volleyball over 20 years ago. The pain is still there today. It gets worse the heavier I lift and certain lifts I have to avoid.
Ive been dealing with it ok so I will keep doing that. I feel surgery may make things even worse.

good luck Snake.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dude snake i feel for ya man.i similar aches back In 2010 when I was powerlifting and lifting heavy a lot....I just had to take a break from certain excersises for a while.....but ended up being a torn labrum ligament from heavy lifting and bone spurs after it kept on and on and eventually got worse,had a MRI done to find out what it really was,then surgery in early 2011.....not trying scare you man lol....just be careful and if it persist get an X-ray make sure before gets worse man.....trust me older you get,harder and longer it takes to heal lol

IronDarling

Lady Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue for YEARS.
Couldn't hit Delts at all! Would have to really warm up for chest and that wasn't a guarantee that it wouldn't become inflamed half way through my workout....

Ended up being a friken rib out. Got adjusted and it was night and day in a matter of a two visits.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol was Pillar of Bow ties referring to Donny Thompsons support Bow tie brace?

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
I messed up my teres minor years back. It’s part of the rc, thin muscle under the infraspinatus. I stopped benching and over head pressing for a little over a month I just repped out really light dumbbells. Also I worked a lot with bands and the Trx. I did this one exercise laying on my side, i’d press a 2.5lb dumbbell straight up towards the ceiling, then very slowly lower the weight like the eccentric of a reverse fly. Keep up with the massage too hurts like a bitch but is necessary. Hopefully the basics help it heal but of course if pain persists a good idea to get it looked at.

Last edited:

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I've been using a casual bowtie for a month now.. Definitely notice a difference in a long term shoulder issue.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue for YEARS.
Couldn't hit Delts at all! Would have to really warm up for chest and that wasn't a guarantee that it wouldn't become inflamed half way through my workout....

Ended up being a friken rib out. Got adjusted and it was night and day in a matter of a two visits.

That was one of the more.irritating I have had too. After weeks without being able to squat I finally saw the doc. Damn thing wouldn't pop back in until I took Prednisone.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I messed up my subscapularis once, and what really helped my overall shoulder health was something called Crossover Symmetry. https://youtu.be/nt31SOWa_m4

It's a removable band system, anchored to a wall at knee and eye level, and you go through a series of prehab/rehab exercises with it.

I know it's totally anecdotal, but when I started doing that every time I walked into the gym, my shoulders felt great.

Fast forward to today, my gym doesn't have them, and I hurt my shoulder. Coincidence? Probably, but...

Last edited:

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Okay, ordered a BowTie.

Now that I think about it, I spend a lot of time on a computer and the effected RC is in my mouse hand. Don't think that is the cause but it may be preventing some healing.

I will keep you all posted once I get it.

IronDarling

Lady Member
Reaction score
That was one of the more.irritating I have had too. After weeks without being able to squat I finally saw the doc. Damn thing wouldn't pop back in until I took Prednisone.
Ugh, That sucks.
I had that rib pop back out after an adjustment while washing my back. Shit almost took me out in the shower haha
Weird stuff. I always tell the man he's a voodoo doctor.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
Okay, ordered a BowTie.

Now that I think about it, I spend a lot of time on a computer and the effected RC is in my mouse hand. Don't think that is the cause but it may be preventing some healing.

I will keep you all posted once I get it.

I got a Casual Bowtie and it was worth every cent. I tried a cheapo one first and it broke in two days.. Not even close to the same thing. The DT Spud ones are built for abuse and people with upper body mass.
I might get myself a Standard as a birthday present to myself..
This and voodoo floss are the two things I won't ever be without again.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
My family has owned a formal-wear business for over 40 years... I thought this thread was about sharp dressed men.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Update

Picked up a "BowTie" on the recommendation of Mythos and POB. Got it on Monday and put it on. Size wise, I was right between a L and an XL so I went with the L. It's nothing I can keep on too long at this point. 15 min and my arm starts to go numb. It binds up around my arm pits but I had my son pull it down over my scapula and it feels and fits better. It does pull your shoulders back as advertised. You won't be texting for any length of time with on, trust me.

I'll keep you guys updated as I go.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I had this issue in high school and on and off for a bit after due to wrestling. I just had to tone my shoulder volume and intensity down for a quite a while. I dropped barbell shoulder press and barbell incline as well as incline flys as for me those were the triggers. I focused on light weight with more reps like you said
i bought some bands the type a physical therapist did and printed off a chart of rehab exercises and did them every day and now I am pain free. At the time it seemed like an uphill battle. Good luck brother hope it clears up soon!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Ortho Time

I'm done fuuking with this shoulder. It has gotten better but only through avoiding direct shoulder work and cut out inclines. I have an appointment with an Ortho on Thursday.

With my great healthcare, I'm nowhere close to my deductible which is over 8k so I have a plan to keep the cost relatively cheap. The Doc can do all the poking and prodding he wants but I'm not getting an X-ray or MRI to ring up a bill. I would like to walk out of there with a simple cortisone shot. Cortisone is used for both therapeutic and diagnostic so I better not get a fight. Wish me luck!