Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,343 Times in 7,904 Posts
    Well glad you are getting somewhere and good for you for sticking up for yourself.

I find that simply asking why - essentially asking for evidence or cause is usually enough to get a doc to make a better effort.

This guy sounds like a dink.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

snake (05-03-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,035 Times in 1,640 Posts
    Even if he found arthritis. I'm pretty sure the options would be PT and or cortisone shot. Also congrats on the no arthritis! further proof that you are immortal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DF For This Useful Post:

snake (05-03-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 859 Posts
    Good for you snake. Glad you stood up for yourself. Crazy that we have to fight for relief. Seems a lot of these docs just simply want you to keep coming back and taking money.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to motown1002 For This Useful Post:

snake (05-03-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,641 Times in 4,170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    Well glad you are getting somewhere and good for you for sticking up for yourself.

I find that simply asking why - essentially asking for evidence or cause is usually enough to get a doc to make a better effort.

This guy sounds like a dink.
    I brought in my BOWTIE to ask his thoughts an that. Told him it gives me some relief for about 30 min after I take it off. His reply was, "I never seen something like that and it's only temporary relief.

Since the BOWTIE resets the shoulder, wouldn't you think that temporary relief would speed recovery by taking the continuous stress on the muscle and joints? Oh did he poo-poo my BOWTIE.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,641 Times in 4,170 Posts
    Update:

The good: went for a second opinion and this Dr. was good. Straight forward and I think he liked how I bashed the other Dr. This Dr. took the time to look at my X-ray and MRI, did some evaluations and told me there's no way I have a complete tear.

The bad: He was honest and doesn't think that to continue to lead my lifestyle, therapy is going to get me where I want to be. That at best, it may take some pain away. His concern was the labrum tear. Doc said some of the issues may resolve by the body healing itself but not the labrum.

Going forward I'm giving the PT guy 4 weeks 2x/wk at his place and doing the stretching and exercises he gave me to do 3x/day on my own. I made an apt with the second opinion guy for then and if I'm not where I should be, I'll go for the surgery.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

Thanks
    Eh, sorry to hear... been there. I tore my labrum in 10th grade... I opted not to do surgery and healed it on my own. I never fully recovered... my shoulder will easily dislocate if put in the right position ever since. It’s a matter of just avoiding moves/angles that stress it. All the best, hope the pt helps!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Beserker For This Useful Post:

snake (07-11-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,568 Times in 1,839 Posts
    Hopefully you won't need to have surgery.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BRICKS For This Useful Post:

snake (07-11-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    I have been having this nagging problem in my shoulder and damn sure it's in the infraspinatus at the point of insertion. It's been a good 3 months now and is starting to effect my workouts. The wife can dig her elbow into it and it feels perfect for a few hr but then starts back up. Before, it was give me that post workout throb but it seems to be getting worse. Started a round of Naproxen this week and dropped a shoulder exercise that seems to bother it. Been keeping the reps high and not testing any heavy weights.

Anyone deal with this before and what did you do?

Check into some Neuromuscular Therapy Treatment. That usually corrects the problem.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Grizzly911 For This Useful Post:

snake (07-16-2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123