Question Regarding Carbing Up For Peak Week?

Reaction score
I've come across a little dilemma as I've begun my peak week protocol this past Sunday. I'm competing in both the Classic Physique division as well as the lightweight division of Open Bodybuilding. But what I've come to realize is that I'm still a few pounds above the weight limit for the lightweight division. Because of this, I've implemented some mild weight loss tactics such as using dandelion root and epsom salt baths.

However, even though I know I'll reach the weight requirement with these tactics alone, I'm concerned about what I previously had planned for my carb loading process. I planned on using a traditional depletion / carb up method where I’d begin to carb up starting either Wednesday or Thursday. But because of my weight being right around the border of the weight requirement, I'm concerned that if I start carbing up then I'll gain too much weight and that I won't reach the weight requirement. So I was thinking that I would just start carbing up on Friday after weigh-ins.

So this brings up my primary question, how long does it take for the body to actually carb up? In other words, how long does it take the body to process all the carbs so that it is seen noticeably in your physique. I would have about 16 hours from weigh-ins until prejudging the next day. Do you think this is enough time? Or do you think I should start carbing up earlier?

Best,

Zach

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Zach, which show are you doing?

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok good, wouldn't want my clients to kick your ass...

Have you peaked before?

New Threads