Needle Dosposal

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
How do you guys dispose of your syringes?

I use a sharps container for TRT but the amount of needles is getting a bit out of hand while on cycle.

Trt plus additional short esters, hcg and an educational post-workout insulin experiment is making my container look like a war zone.

Also not a big fan of things being left in such an easy to identify spot.

daddyboul

Reaction score
As a diabetic I go through a lot of needles, generally ill put them in a sharps container, then empty the containers into coffee cans when it gets filled because I'm not buying a new one every time. From there I just store them somewhere safe

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Just realized I misspelled the thread title... how did I make it through elementary school.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Not sure if we're talking about slin pins only, or if 3cc syringes are included in the available space problem? If the latter, I minimize the problem by unscrewing the actual steel pin from the plastic syringe and including it with the slins in their container. Space will still eventually be a problem, but there's no relatively large syringes to make things worse. The pointless syringes are no threat to dumpster divers, and I discourage prying eyes anyway by discarding them with the Poop my canine Pack is happy to provide. You can use pinless syringes for liquid orals too before tossing the old ones in favor of new ones you generate. In my state there are legal ways to dump sharps as long as you follow rules they have, not unlike oil, gasoline, pesticides, etc.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Vids, check your local waste disposal company's guidelines. Some allow sharps to be thrown away with your regular rubbish as long as it's contained within a crush-proof container, duct taped shut, and clearly marked "sharps" with a black marker.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Personally, I use an empty protein powder container and when it gets full I super glue the lid on to keep 'em from getting loose and drop it off at the dump when I have enough large other large waste to make the trip.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Not sure if we're talking about slin pins only, or if 3cc syringes are included in the available space problem? If the latter, I minimize the problem by unscrewing the actual steel pin from the plastic syringe and including it with the slins in their container. Space will still eventually be a problem, but there's no relatively large syringes to make things worse. The pointless syringes are no threat to dumpster divers, and I discourage prying eyes anyway by discarding them with the Poop my canine Pack is happy to provide. You can use pinless syringes for liquid orals too before tossing the old ones in favor of new ones you generate. In my state there are legal ways to dump sharps as long as you follow rules they have, not unlike oil, gasoline, pesticides, etc.

Thanks, this is what I was hoping to get. It includes 3cc syrences so the containers fill fast. Never thought to just discard the injection needle though I obviously do this already with the draw needle. It will definitely save space.

As for disposal sites, I just pitch it in my regular garbage. It’s more the number of sharps containers I was going through. Thanks everyone!

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
Personally, I use an empty protein powder container and when it gets full I super glue the lid on to keep 'em from getting loose and drop it off at the dump when I have enough large other large waste to make the trip.

This is kind of what I do because somehow there's no easy sharps disposal sites around here. I hate to do it but don't have a lot of options

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
If enough people are interested in my excess dog poop, we can work something out.
You send me cash in mail, I send you crap in mail.

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
I used to do the protein container but haven't bought any in years, shxt makes me sick.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't think it would be such a hassle. My trash pickup doesn't allow sharps containers/needles in the trash. I tried once to to the right thing as my town suggest. They make us bring the sharps containers to the fire station (WTF??) for disposal at a fee of course. In the end it cost me $40. Now I tape the container shut & it goes in the trash...fuk um.

Oblivious

Reaction score
I take out the needle, open the syringe put the needle inside sharp side up and put the pusher back in and it renders the needle unusable and I put it in a either empty coffee, preworkout or protein container.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
I used to do the protein container but haven't bought any in years, shxt makes me sick.

For any in a similar predicament, laundry detergent jugs will serve the same purpose, and say less about what those needles or syringes inside mighta been used for than protein and other supps containers would.

Reaction score
You can purchase a sharps container from your pharmacy, a household hazardous waste center or a national mail-back service. Once you notice your container is about 75% full, stop using it, cap it up. Call your health department to find recommended drop-off sites for your full needle container. Your city may accept household hazardous waste at specific places. Your pharmacy might also dispose of the bottle for you.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
You can purchase a sharps container from your pharmacy, a household hazardous waste center or a national mail-back service. Once you notice your container is about 75% full, stop using it, cap it up. Call your health department to find recommended drop-off sites for your full needle container. Your city may accept household hazardous waste at specific places. Your pharmacy might also dispose of the bottle for you.

Mom able to throw my sharps container in the trash. It was more of a concern that I’m piling up shinny red containers that have multiple needle types with all kinds of fun little chemicals in them. Didn’t seem to be the smartest thing to do.

I still can’t believe my wife is buying the idea I have to pin 5+ times a week for TRT! I’ll probably just switch over to the laundry detergent idea or some other random can.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Stick them in your gutters to prevent bird nests. Kinda would like to see a pigeon on Tren.

New Threads