Kratom overdoses

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
But I thought it was natural and perfectly safe????

Kratom – a plant grown naturally in Southeast Asia and often sold in powder capsules – was a cause of death in 91 overdoses in the United States from July 2016 to December 2017, according to a report released Thursday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/68/wr/mm6814a2.htm?s_cid=mm6814a2_w

I'm pissed my state took it away in 2016.

Now they are removing pain medicine nationally.

I hate weed. Kratom was one option for me when pain is too great.

Being smart, I used another way to get a specific plant's alkaloids to help me.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The last time a report like this came out it turned out that most of the deaths also had loperamide on board..which is just OTC diarrhea medication extremely dangerous when taken in the high amounts necessary to give them an opiate effect. Basically heroin junkies are taking a bunch of other things with massive amounts of kratom and we all have to pay the price because it feeds in to reefer madness 2019.
They do the same shit with accidents related to Marijuana use.. I've seen articles where an accident was blamed on legal weed by LE and then in the fine print the person was also drunk off their ass.

Loperamide can't pass the blood-brain barrier.

So junkies used/use massive doses in hopes that some amount will cross the BBB.

Loperadmide with a nanoparticle can cross the BBB, so they used that and anecdotes of massive doses working to experiment with high-dose loperamide in hopes of getting a high.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine got off Suboxone with powdered kratom. He is doing great. Like someone else said, you can die from too much water. It has it's benefits

Exactly.

It's great; the effects lasted for 6 hours minimum for me. It was a cross between tramadol and oxycodone for my body.

I took too much one time and the euphoria was like I took tramadol and oxy at the same time. I knew then a war would start over it because people were going to ruin it, using it only for a high.

Thank God poppies (somniferum) remain legal.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had a few buds who used this stuff and had a hard time coming off it

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
im gonna shoot some and tell u guys how it goes..might even start a log

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I had a few buds who used this stuff and had a hard time coming off it

A lot of people use big amounts daily.. Usually they started to help with opiate addiction. Seems like they have dependency issues but nothing like coming off pain pills or other opiates.

After two years of knowing about it, I still only use it once, occasionally twice a week, small amounts compared to what a lot of people use, and i have no desire to use it more than that. I drink some powder in a protein drink before bike rides for a good mood and to help with joint pain.

My brother still uses it every day, which I am not a fan of, but he has completely stopped drinking since finding it and says he'd rather use K every day than start up drinking again

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
It tastes so freaking nasty its hard to even want to drink it daily. Makes me want to vomit.

New Threads