Kratom overdoses

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
But I thought it was natural and perfectly safe????

Kratom – a plant grown naturally in Southeast Asia and often sold in powder capsules – was a cause of death in 91 overdoses in the United States from July 2016 to December 2017, according to a report released Thursday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/68/wr/mm6814a2.htm?s_cid=mm6814a2_w

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Never heard of the stuff. I wonder how it was determined that this is the substance that caused to OD? Looks to me that all had contributing drugs/substances in their systems. Is less than 1% a clinically significant number?

Lizard King

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Aren't poppies natural and perfectly safe? Oh wait....

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Well if they were taking it for weight loss, it worked.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
The amount of kratom you have to take to OD is ridiculous. The benefits kratom has for getting physically addicted opiate addicts clean are unmeasurable. You can similarly overdose on caffeine at a much much lower dose than it takes for kratom. Let's put things in perspective.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
You can die from drinking too much water.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
From what I have read, because the suppliment industry is widely unregulated, shady Kratom companies were lacing their products with actual opiods and other dangerous substances to "enhance" it's effect. There have been cases of newborn babies being born with DTs due to opiods laced into Kratom products that the pregnant mother was taking. Kratom itself is pretty much harmless and has far more benefits than dangers. You just have to make sure you have a trusted organic raw source to order from.

Most of the deaths reported are correlation, not proven causation. From what I have read, in most of the deaths other more dangerous prescription (and/or illicit) drugs were also found in their system.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I never noticed any great effect. Apparently I was doing it wrong.
I still have never tried it..I want to just to see if it has dope like effects

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
BigPharma is in bed with the government which controls the cdc so the data is OBVIOUSLY faked to make kratom look bad and let the pull problem continue.

Duh.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Before you get your balls stuck in your ass, I was 95% joking.

I actually think the data is bullshit because finding real kratom is ****ing impossible lmao

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score

Its not like that. You won't feel much at all. All I noticed is that my headache went away and so did the pain from my tendonitis. Better than ibprofin would do. I also felt less irritable. But mildly.

St0ked

Elite
Reaction score
I took some years ago, it gave me slight tunnel vision mixed with 2 cups of coffee.

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
A friend of mine got off Suboxone with powdered kratom. He is doing great. Like someone else said, you can die from too much water. It has it's benefits

Reaction score
I have been taking kratom for about a year now. I was able to get off Norco from a back injury years ago that hooked me. This stuff is amazing and I know people that got off other stronger opiates by using kratom as a means of cessation.

Look up mitragyna speciose, that's the plants clinical name and the one of the main active components is: 7-α-hydroxymitragynine... Big pharma is spreading propaganda in an effort to steer people from using it. Since it can not be patented they have everything to loose and nothing to gain from people using it to stop taking their poison.

Cheers,

Clever Guy

Chillinlow

Reaction score
From what I have read, because the suppliment industry is widely unregulated, shady Kratom companies were lacing their products with actual opiods and other dangerous substances to "enhance" it's effect. There have been cases of newborn babies being born with DTs due to opiods laced into Kratom products that the pregnant mother was taking. Kratom itself is pretty much harmless and has far more benefits than dangers. You just have to make sure you have a trusted organic raw source to order from.

Most of the deaths reported are correlation, not proven causation. From what I have read, in most of the deaths other more dangerous prescription (and/or illicit) drugs were also found in their system.

I’d be really interested to see who is going to risk let alone spend the money on lackng it with real Opoids.

I never noticed any great effect. Apparently I was doing it wrong.

Not wrong just junk

if it’s real it’s like taking any opioid

Before you get your balls stuck in your ass, I was 95% joking.

I actually think the data is bullshit because finding real kratom is ****ing impossible lmao

One of the easiest things to get or use to be

Its not like that. You won't feel much at all. All I noticed is that my headache went away and so did the pain from my tendonitis. Better than ibprofin would do. I also felt less irritable. But mildly.

You didn’t have good stuff

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Btw not a expert but mingled in it and yes different strands do different stuff I never was a fan of mind altering stuff but tried it for pin, energy, anxiety etc works great if you wanna be high all the time , I rather be in pain then In a different state of mind , just my two cents.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
But I thought it was natural and perfectly safe????

Kratom – a plant grown naturally in Southeast Asia and often sold in powder capsules – was a cause of death in 91 overdoses in the United States from July 2016 to December 2017, according to a report released Thursday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/68/wr/mm6814a2.htm?s_cid=mm6814a2_w

The last time a report like this came out it turned out that most of the deaths also had loperamide on board..which is just OTC diarrhea medication extremely dangerous when taken in the high amounts necessary to give them an opiate effect. Basically heroin junkies are taking a bunch of other things with massive amounts of kratom and we all have to pay the price because it feeds in to reefer madness 2019.
They do the same shit with accidents related to Marijuana use.. I've seen articles where an accident was blamed on legal weed by LE and then in the fine print the person was also drunk off their ass.

New Threads