Injection Site Reaction

Reaction score
Hello,

I injected some test in my shoulder three days ago. I’m on a TRT dose at the moment. Been on steroids on and off for years. No problems. The site on the delt is extremely swollen. Very swollen. It’s hard. I can feel some fluid build up. It hurts when I press it or move my arm too much. That said I’m not in extreme pain, but something is clearly off as I’ve never had this before. Any thoughts on what I should do, especially if I should take antibiotics and which one? Will Cipro help?

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Is it red or hot to the touch? Are you running fever? Have you tried warm compresses or massaging the area?

With antibiotics, I'm more of a Levaquin person due to being allergic to penicillin, but that brings about a whole slew of other side effects. For me, Levaquin usually knocks out everything, including staph related infections. One of my good friends blew out his Achilles tendon on Levaquin three days after starting it because he didn't want to get too far behind in training for his Iron Man triathlon. He hasn't done another Iron Man since...

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Possible cellulitis .. you prob need some antibiotics and possible on the stronger side

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Again it’s hard for anyone to diagnose a problem online .. especially without being able to see and feel

Reaction score
It’s not red. No fever. My left deltoid is at least 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch more elevated than my right due to swelling. I’m going to start some Cipro, it’s all I have, and see what happens.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Maybe you just pinned wrong.. moves it around a little or what not...

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like an infection. However, for me, every time I do a delt injection it hurts like hell.

Post a pic. Be interesting to see a 3/4- inch swollen delt. Have you considered doing the other delt as well? Symmetry is important in this game (joking)

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
How much and what did you pin, I’m assuming 1cc test cyp or enanthate
this happened to me the first time I pinned delts. I was a bit off on the site, I pin a little outside the proper site and in conjunction with a Virgin muscle it caused my shoulder to swell up and i could feel the oil in there but it went down a few days later
posting a pic could help