Thanks

Pain in middle of bicep

I had a weird event happen while wrapping up chest on the pec deck last night. I ended up getting a shooting pain through the middle of my left bicep and nearly any pressure that I put on it afterward was uncomfortable. I'd describe the pain as a sharp shooting pain as though someone pushed a 21 gauge 3" needle right through the middle of my bicep.

This is an odd place for me to have pain as I only experienced bicep related issues closer to the elbow crease or the shoulder, but never in the middle. So, I'm guessing I either pulled or tore some muscle tissue on the bicep or possibly pinched a nerve. It looks as though next week will be leg and cardio week while I heal up. I'm undecided as to if I am going to wrap it and deadlift light tonight or just give my left arm some complete rest.

Oddly, this is not a throbbing pain and I can use my arm with only minor discomfort. So I have no idea what I did to it... In addition, I am experiencing no bruising or swelling. Also, if I compress it with a wrap (think Ace bandage here) I can use it with no discomfort at all. I just hope I am back to normal quick because this would be a very upsetting setback if I don't heal fast.

OTOH, it was time for a deload week since I have been hitting it pretty hard... So maybe I am looking at a cardio week only... I'll play it by ear based on my body...

Thanks
    IDK what I did to myself, but I was able to perform a very light workout last night with relatively little pain. Fingers crossed that I dodged a major setback as I am going to take the next two days off.

If I had to describe how my bicep feels today, I'd describe it as experiencing a little DOMS. That's it... No more pain or discomfort.