Metal's Peak

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Man, thanks so much for posting all of this good info in your journal. Good luck with the surgery. I'm sure it must be frustrating to work so hard to prepare for this thing and not see it materialize.

Thanks man. It is, but it'l pay off in the long run.

Damn man sorry to hear that. At least you can hit that mock meet then get healed up and get ready for another.

Thanks man. Exactly the plan. Got one in December lined up.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Take care of you brother. We both have taken our share of getting knocked down in our training cycle. I expect you’ll have a full recovery and back to training for a meet shortly after.

best to you my brother

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Are you getting the testicle removed? Is there a positive diagnoses of cancer or just highly likely?

Good luck man. Life has its ups and downs. I don’t envy you but this is just a bump in the road for a guy like you.

Keep us posted.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Well shit. Sorry to hear this. You’re doing the right thing... don’t let that C spread. Scripted TRT for life isn’t the worst thing in the world... I wouldn’t want to lose a nut, but at the end of the day, they just take up space. Mine are almost gone anyway... I’m at 10 year old status. I’d keep it in a jar as a souvenir...
All the best, you’re going to crush in December!

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Are you getting the testicle removed? Is there a positive diagnoses of cancer or just highly likely?

Good luck man. Life has its ups and downs. I don’t envy you but this is just a bump in the road for a guy like you.

Keep us posted.

Yes it is being removed July 10th. No definitive diagnosis, but everything points to it being cacnerous. With the swelling, and no treatment working to decrease that, it's basically the next option. They'll do a biopsy while i'm under to know for sure.

Yeah, small setback. I'll be down 3 weeks again similar to the hernia surgery, but it'll pass quickly.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Well shit. Sorry to hear this. You’re doing the right thing... don’t let that C spread. Scripted TRT for life isn’t the worst thing in the world... I wouldn’t want to lose a nut, but at the end of the day, they just take up space. Mine are almost gone anyway... I’m at 10 year old status. I’d keep it in a jar as a souvenir...
All the best, you’re going to crush in December!

I told my wife I wanted to get it dipped in gold, and placed on display in the house. She'a not a fan of the idea.

Trt would be nice, but won't prescribed for one coming out. He said one can sometimes produce enough. Same as how two can't produce enough. Plus, scripted trt has been known to end careers where I work.

We got the mock meet set for July 6th. So, at least have an idea of where everything is. Then, use that and beat it in December.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
I told my wife I wanted to get it dipped in gold, and placed on display in the house. She'a not a fan of the idea.

Trt would be nice, but won't prescribed for one coming out. He said one can sometimes produce enough. Same as how two can't produce enough. Plus, scripted trt has been known to end careers where I work.

We got the mock meet set for July 6th. So, at least have an idea of where everything is. Then, use that and beat it in December.

Aww man you gotta get it bronzed like how Joel McHale had Lance Armstrong's on Ted 2.

To echo what the other guys said. I have enjoyed this journal and I can't wait to see you on the mend. Good Luck Brother!

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Aww man you gotta get it bronzed like how Joel McHale had Lance Armstrong's on Ted 2.

To echo what the other guys said. I have enjoyed this journal and I can't wait to see you on the mend. Good Luck Brother!

Exactly what I had in mind! Thanks brother. Won't be long.

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
So Ive only been around for a month or two. Never seen what got you into geared lifting. Id be interested in reading about it

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
So Ive only been around for a month or two. Never seen what got you into geared lifting. Id be interested in reading about it

I was mid prep last year when I decided I was going to swap to gear after the meet. Maybe I watched, and read too much on Westside, and it just intrigued me way more than raw lifting does.

Reactions: PZT

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
I was mid prep last year when I decided I was going to swap to gear after the meet. Maybe I watched, and read too much on Westside, and it just intrigued me way more than raw lifting does.

cool man. I remember reading everything I could on westside for a long time. Then I realized I was too cheap to compete and by suits and shirts lol. Had a hard awakening when I stopped box squatting and went back to free squats. Realized my hips weren't strong enough hahaha. Even my bench was crap because I was using geared cues for raw bench. When I started the youtube was just getting big and my town doesn't have knowledgeable long time lifters so its all I had. I do still love some box squatting but I have decided to keep from doing them for a while. Thanks for sharing the story

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
cool man. I remember reading everything I could on westside for a long time. Then I realized I was too cheap to compete and by suits and shirts lol. Had a hard awakening when I stopped box squatting and went back to free squats. Realized my hips weren't strong enough hahaha. Even my bench was crap because I was using geared cues for raw bench. When I started the youtube was just getting big and my town doesn't have knowledgeable long time lifters so its all I had. I do still love some box squatting but I have decided to keep from doing them for a while. Thanks for sharing the story

Same here on the box squats man. After i tore my adductor last year, i started back on the box with briefs. Great support in the hips, and groin area.

Did that for 4-5 months. Lost the box and was in for a huge surprise. Didn't necessarily create bad habits, but definitely didn't create the best ones.

That was a huge factor in picking the coach I did for this prep. He doesn't do box squats either. Box squats have their place absolutely, but for me and in my stage so far, box squats can be beneficial later.

Going equipped is definitely more costly, but also more fun overall. I've bought quite a few things second hand that were already broken in which saved time, were quite cheaper, and all I had to do was work on technique.

Going from raw bench, to shirt, back to raw has been a challenge here too. My technique seems to be better suited for geared bench over raw. I've just come to hate raw bench in general now.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Finished up surgery earlier. They had to cut farther than they had to due to the size. He strongly recommended to my wife I take at least 3 weeks off, because of the extra stitches.

Take a month off. Work on building back up, and start another 16 week peak. Going a little more aggressive this go around to learn the gear more.

Thank you all for the thoughts, support, and everything else.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Finished up surgery earlier. They had to cut farther than they had to due to the size. He strongly recommended to my wife I take at least 3 weeks off, because of the extra stitches.

Take a month off. Work on building back up, and start another 16 week peak. Going a little more aggressive this go around to learn the gear more.

Thank you all for the thoughts, support, and everything else.

Hows the pain level? Was the cancer/malignancy conformed?

rest up dude.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Hows the pain level? Was the cancer/malignancy conformed?

rest up dude.

They sent it off for a biopsy. So, I'll have that information next week.

The pain is defenitely higher than the hernia surgery last year. Tolerable definitely, but there is a nerve that may be irritated from the extra cutting, and size of the bastard that came out.

New Threads