Metal's Peak

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
First powerlifting meet is in 3 months. Training style is staying conjugate throughout, with emphasis on accomodating resistance.

Current weight is 260. Daily calories are staying 4500. Dropping a day and doing 5 days a week for more recovery, plus cardio. Im not looking at dropping weight purposely, but if I do it will be because of cardio alone.

Currently at 1g of test atm. Tren ace will be added at 400mgs in about 2 weeks. Waiting on bloods to come back before I start.

My absolute goal is to total 1500. I got roughly 100lbs to add total to get there in 12 weeks. It's going to fukkin happen.

Today was Dynamic upper day
Bench 50% + 25% bands (90lbs)
95x8x2sets
135x5x2sets
155x3x2sets

185 + bands
3x15sets (45 sec rest)
11:26
(Originally was supposed to do 3x9sets but I was feeling fresh and decided to add sets with time)

Floor CG Press
225x12
225x10
225x10 drop 185x10

Inc DB
90x15x3sets

BB Rows
135x15
185x10
Didn't do too much here because I have Safety Bar Squats tomorrow

Lat PD
SS
Abs

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
God bless you can keep you health buddy. An injury is the only thing that could stop you. I like the idea of more recovery, that's going to go far. Keep the cardio low impact because your back and legs will take a beating.

You're not planning on entering the 242's are ya? I'm anti- weight loss for PLing.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
God bless you can keep you health buddy. An injury is the only thing that could stop you. I like the idea of more recovery, that's going to go far. Keep the cardio low impact because your back and legs will take a beating.

You're not planning on entering the 242's are ya? I'm anti- weight loss for PLing.

Thanks Snake. Going to start with 5 days a week. Cardio is for work purposes. Have to run a mile and a half in a certain time. So the quicker I take care of that the better.

No, I'm not cutting to 242. The only way I'm competing there is if the cardio tones me up that much. I'm going to keep eating as I have that has put me at 260, and keep the strength increasing.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Went and got bloodwrk this morning. Didn't eat until 10, and hit the gym at 1230. Fukkedmy routine a bit, but shit still got done.

Safety Squat Bar
100x8x2sets
130x5x2sets
160x3x2sets
210x3
250x3
280x3
Chains added (60lbs)
370x3
400x1x2sets
Went for a double the first set and lost it out of the hole. So did 2 singles instead.
410x1

SSB Good Morning (pins at parallel)
160x8
210x8
Chains added
270x5

Hypers
SS
Abs

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good luck. Cardio during a meet peak should not be more then 30 min, 3x a week of liss. Your only goals right now are to increase your squat, bench and deadlift.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Good luck. Cardio during a meet peak should not be more then 30 min, 3x a week of liss. Your only goals right now are to increase your squat, bench and deadlift.

Thanks dys. Im looking to keep it as minimal as possible to get the work shit out of the way. Main focus is definitely the big three.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Metal, keep the vids coming please. I am watching for them on IG. That's where a lot of your improvements will come from, so don't forget those.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Metal, keep the vids coming please. I am watching for them on IG. That's where a lot of your improvements will come from, so don't forget those.

Just uploaded one with squats and good mornings after.

All the while Dan Green is squatting 606x10 directly under mine

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Metal, what are your goal weights for the meet?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Would you like my feedback here so it's part of the log? I ask because there will be a lot of criticism coming your way. So long as you take it as constructive, and learn, then imo it's nothing to be embarrassed about. Up to you.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Would you like my feedback here so it's part of the log? I ask because there will be a lot of criticism coming your way. So long as you take it as constructive, and learn, then imo it's nothing to be embarrassed about. Up to you.

Yeah leave it on here

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Take this first meet as a chance to dial in your technique, and learn the comp lifts.

You can be gym-bro strong with shit technique. You can't be a strong powerlifter with shit technique.

From the sounds of it, your technique sucks right now, and that's mostly expected tbh. You might want to stray a bit from conjugate so you can get more reps of the actual comp lifts. You can't do them right if you don't practice them until they are all grooved.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Take this first meet as a chance to dial in your technique, and learn the comp lifts.

You can be gym-bro strong with shit technique. You can't be a strong powerlifter with shit technique.

From the sounds of it, your technique sucks right now, and that's mostly expected tbh. You might want to stray a bit from conjugate so you can get more reps of the actual comp lifts. You can't do them right if you don't practice them until they are all grooved.

Good points, and thanks for that.

I'll consider swapping back to Sheiko unless you, or pob have better suggestions.

I felt my technique was getting "better" staying around 80% using sheiko, but of course thought i was ready and played around with conjugate stuff

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok, here goes.

1. Increase the height of the rack. You are quarter squatting just to pick the bar.

2. Before you unrack you need to tighten the upper back. Shrug into the SSB and don't let the traps loosen.

3. Take the chains off since they aren't set up correctly. It's not just a strand of chain flailing around. It's supposed to be a lead chain, then 5/8's links (usually 20 links per chain) hanging by the middle. As you squat down they should rest on the floor. As you come up out of the hole they come off the floor and the bar quickly gets heavier on the way up.

4. Pick the bar out of the rack by squeezing your ass, you don't use your quads. Having a taller rack height will make this easier.

5. Take the wraps off, they are so loose that sleeves would get you better results anyway. Also don't ever put the knot behind the knee.

6. You are overly excited at the unrack. Slow down. You unrack the bar and then before it even settles you are walking back. Unrack the bar and stand still. Count to 2. Then, left foot back, right foot back. If you do more than this, start over.

7. Lock your knees at the top before you squat and when you finished the squat.

8. You are taking air into your chest rather than abdomen. I will rustle up some vid on this for you. But try this right now. Put your right hand on your belly button. Put your left hand over your heart. Breathe in thru your nose slowly and deep. Only your right hand should be moving.

9. Your knees are caving and I can't see why because I can't see your feet in the video. So first, what's on your feet, they look like boots?

10. You are going to need to learn to box squat soon.

Ask questions if you need clarification to understand.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good points, and thanks for that.

I'll consider swapping back to Sheiko unless you, or pob have better suggestions.

I felt my technique was getting "better" staying around 80% using sheiko, but of course thought i was ready and played around with conjugate stuff

I need to just see some more training before I make recommendations on how you are going to peak. Dys is absolutely correct that your technique is what's most important here. So using conjugates MIGHT not be the best fit for you.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Im wearing chucks. I just pulled my sleeves down and theyre at my ankles. Not boots

I won't fukk with those chains anymore. Thats all the gym had...

My feet were just outside shoulder width. Toes pointed slightly out also to help keep my knees out. Ive always had trouble with my knees stsrting to cave, so thats why i assumed my hips are weak.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
I need to just see some more training before I make recommendations on how you are going to peak. Dys is absolutely correct that your technique is what's most important here. So using conjugates MIGHT not be the best fit for you.

I absolutely agree with both of you. I want my technique sound. So, whatever it takes

New Threads