AAS, AI's and Estrogen

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I want to express the impotance of What Spongy posted in another thread. I actually thought about creating a thread on this subject and now is a good time after reading his comment.

AI's of course play an important role for AAS users who are sensitive to using high aromatising compounds such as Test, DBol, Anadrol, and others.. It is also IMPORTANT to realize that AAS must have estrogen present in order to achieve their full positive potential effectiveness and provide the best results. When AI's are used too much, AAS will lose its anabolic qualities and gains will suffer as a result. Pillar and I have discussed this a few times in the past. The comparison reference back in the day was " ITS LIKE TRYING TO DRIVE WITH THE BRAKES ON" having your e a little high is a good thing for AAS and Gains. Of course making sure no female like sides are developing. As f or preparing for competitions, well that's a different discussion and usually high aromatizing AAS is sparingly used and AI's do play an important role in drying out. If you happen to be someone who's highly sensitive to highly androgenic compounds, then start low with your AI and monitor from there. I personally rarely use an AI. But, that's just me.

Another opinion from ~ Seek.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I rarely use an AI as well. My working hypothesis is that it's the ratio between E and T that matters; not raw E numbers.

I've had some pretty freaky E numbers in the past, but no symptoms due to have equally freaky T numbers. It's usually when I start reducing T, and it drops faster than my E, that I become symptomatic.

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I agree with Seeker.

Also, everybody is different;)

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Good point Seek. I take about a third of what most do. I don't mind having my E a little high. When I start crying during those damn dog commercials I know its time. But seriously I have gotten my E down to low single digits and its not good. For comp maybe but not any other time.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I rarely use an AI as well. My working hypothesis is that it's the ratio between E and T that matters; not raw E numbers.

I've had some pretty freaky E numbers in the past, but no symptoms due to have equally freaky T numbers. It's usually when I start reducing T, and it drops faster than my E, that I become symptomatic.

I often wondered about the relationship between E and T and it's effects on cycle performance. I do feel a little better slightly out of range while on but don't want to chance any health issues with being way over. My comfort level is such that a 16 week cycle once a year with slightly elevated E2 is going to have little to no effect on my long term health. As for too low, that only happened once and I knew it before they even drew the bloods.

Reaction score
Anecdotally speaking I found this to be very true on my last cycle. It test and dbol, the dbol was kind of bunk I think, i didn’t draw bloods and did the general rule of aromasin 12.5EOD. I definitively think it affected what I could have gained and it almost made me think my gear was bad or under dosed.

New Threads