Dieting on a surplus with very high protein?

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
Hi

Im constantly experimenting differernt things with my diet, training, supplements etc as we all are and I usually just create a new plan and go for it and see the results myself. On this occassion im looking some insight first because its getting closer to the good weather and at 15 bodyfat im running out of time to diet/lean out and dont have the time for experimenting new methods for myself.

Im sitting around 98/100kg at 15 bodyfat.
My maintence seems to be 3000kcal. Usually id split macros; carbs 260g, protein 260g and fat 85/90g or somewhere in that region and id usually lean out out over a few weeks doing this. This is without cardio and training 5 days a week intense 1 hour or so. mainly compound lifts.

I was wondering if I changed the macros to carbs 220g (about 25/30g usually is fibre from veg etc.) , protein 440g (x2 bodyweight per pound) and fats 85g
added in 30 mins fasted cardio in the morning

and usually i preferred having 3 or 4 larger meals throughout the day but this time ill opt for 8 meals, starting from 8am morning and every 2 hours until 11pm at night. it will consist of 4 protein casein shakes between meals

Is this too much protein and would I be able to recomp my body like this?
Or will the protein just be converted to glucose and will I get fatter over time

Thanks for any help the information from you guys is always spot on and beneficial to me!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
All things being equal, you're adding in another 500+ calories/day into you diet and that will put on weight. Someone is going to jump on here and say you're only going to piss out the extra protein you don't use. Well that's not going to happen, it's going to get stored as fat. The body doesn't expend energy to secure energy only to cast it aside.

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
End of thread.

Well that may not be strictly true, with the extra 400 kcals a day being eaten, im also doing fasted cardio every morning which would burn 400kcals

and the repartitioning of the macos would meanthe body takes a different shape and recomps

Also for your point with being in a surplus, it wont just be fat gain. 400kcal, is a moderate enough surplus and could be purely built as muscle. Especially if PEDs are in the picture

this was my thoughts

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well that may not be strictly true, with the extra 400 kcals a day being eaten, im also doing fasted cardio every morning which would burn 400kcals

and the repartitioning of the macos would meanthe body takes a different shape and recomps

Also for your point with being in a surplus, it wont just be fat gain. 400kcal, is a moderate enough surplus and could be purely built as muscle. Especially if PEDs are in the picture

this was my thoughts

But then you're not eating a surplus. You're eating at a deficit.

Reactions: Jin

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
But then you're not eating a surplus. You're eating at a deficit.

That would make sense my bad lol.

I’m might use this thread to document a 8 week recomp just to keep me on track and accountable. Il do what im currently doing until the start of the next week. Ive a pyscological thing in my head I hate changing a routine mid week it may seen stupid i know

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That would make sense my bad lol.

I’m might use this thread to document a 8 week recomp just to keep me on track and accountable. Il do what im currently doing until the start of the next week. Ive a pyscological thing in my head I hate changing a routine mid week it may seen stupid i know

Absolutely man, do it! you can start a separate thread and make it your journal!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
All things being equal, you're adding in another 500+ calories/day into you diet and that will put on weight. Someone is going to jump on here and say you're only going to piss out the extra protein you don't use. Well that's not going to happen, it's going to get stored as fat. The body doesn't expend energy to secure energy only to cast it aside.

this was my thoughts

Any chance you're paying attention?

New Threads