Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Moderator NbleSavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    10,067
    Thanks
    16,320
    Thanked 8,266 Times in 4,271 Posts

    Do ye change up yer training when running DNP?

    I fer one tend to favor a Mentzer "Heavy Duty" style of training (think 'Single set to failure') and drop most isolation exercises in favor of focus on one primary compound lift per session. I find it helps me to keep me intensity high in spite of having a bit less gas in the tank than usual due to the DNP, as it gets me in & out of the gym in about an hour.



    What say ye?
    "So make ya move and plead the Fifth cuz' ya can't plead the First..."
    Rage Against the Machine -'Down Rodeo'

  2. #2
    Administrator PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,950
    Thanks
    2,192
    Thanked 18,316 Times in 7,895 Posts
    My volume would dip to practically nothing. DNP and asthma are a fun combo! I can't breathe for shit on the stuff so training becomes extremely challenging. It's really the only reason I don't use it much more often.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

    NbleSavage (04-07-2019)

  4. #3
    Senior Moderator Spongy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,122
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 2,913 Times in 1,358 Posts
    Depends on the dose.

    At 200/250 I train basically the same.

    At 400/500 I just focus on hitting each major muscle group 1-2 times per week and only do LISS, if anything, for cardio.

    At 600/750 I just kinda show up and sweat staring at the weights. I might help someone re-rack or wipe down a machine. Sometimes I just sit in my car in the parking lot listening the the "Frozen" soundtrack.
    In need of dieting help? Email me at [email protected]

    Asking pillar how much orals to take is like asking Charlie Sheen how many hookers you should ****. - Jin

    #mUGga

  5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spongy For This Useful Post:

    Beti ona (05-02-2019),dk8594 (04-07-2019),Maintenance Man (04-25-2019),NbleSavage (04-07-2019),Patriot1405 (04-09-2019),The Tater (04-07-2019)

  6. #4
    Elite metsfan4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,087
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 212 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    Depends on the dose.

    At 200/250 I train basically the same.

    At 400/500 I just focus on hitting each major muscle group 1-2 times per week and only do LISS, if anything, for cardio.

    At 600/750 I just kinda show up and sweat staring at the weights. I might help someone re-rack or wipe down a machine. Sometimes I just sit in my car in the parking lot listening the the "Frozen" soundtrack.

    YEP! lowest dosage I dont notice anything 2 pills/day and I start to notice the training aspect about day 14 will dip. At 3pills (and sometimes 4) I notice about the same time as 14-17 days but it hits hard. So when I take DNP, i get the best workouts I can knowing that when it hits, it hits hard. I maintain that for about 1wk and then I drop the DNP

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to metsfan4life For This Useful Post:

    NbleSavage (04-07-2019)

  8. #5
    Senior Member Texan69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    734
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 348 Times in 189 Posts
    I was fine until about day 4 then I dropped my volume and intensity some. Not too drastic but did have to tone it down.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Texan69 For This Useful Post:

    NbleSavage (04-17-2019)

  10. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I keep things as close to the same as I can but some days I'm more sluggish than others so I adjust the volume based on feel but nothing drastic (usually a few sets total per workout).

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan1007 For This Useful Post:

    NbleSavage (04-17-2019)

  12. #7
    Elite Bro Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,248
    Thanks
    585
    Thanked 6,084 Times in 3,482 Posts
    My training suffered when i was using it but you have to remember your not trying to build muscle while on dnp

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bro Bundy For This Useful Post:

    NbleSavage (04-17-2019),Texan69 (04-16-2019)

  14. #8
    Senior Member Texan69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    734
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 348 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro Bundy View Post
    My training suffered when i was using it but you have to remember your not trying to build muscle while on dnp
    Very true, good point. My goal was to just not loose muscle or strength while loosing fat

  15. #9
    Elite Maintenance Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    One step from going too far
    Posts
    2,065
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 769 Times in 552 Posts
    I think it went something like this...

    250mgs- "Yeah this is warm. I can do this. Leg day? No prob"

    500mgs- "Holy shit I can't stop sweating. I think its gonna be an arm day today. Wheres my ****ing sweat towel at?"

    750mgs- "Wtf am I doing?! Am i gonna die here on this cold tile floor, right here, right now? **** going to the gym. I'm just tryna stay alive and manage to eat something"
    Think of it like this bag, is full of my fukks. You're not getting any of em. None of em. I give zero fukks.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maintenance Man For This Useful Post:

    Beti ona (05-02-2019),NbleSavage (04-25-2019)

  17. #10
    Elite metsfan4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,087
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 212 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maintenance Man View Post
    I think it went something like this...

    250mgs- "Yeah this is warm. I can do this. Leg day? No prob"

    500mgs- "Holy shit I can't stop sweating. I think its gonna be an arm day today. Wheres my ****ing sweat towel at?"

    750mgs- "Wtf am I doing?! Am i gonna die here on this cold tile floor, right here, right now? **** going to the gym. I'm just tryna stay alive and manage to eat something"

    lolz thats pretty much me after about day 14 but with 400 being the handle, 600 sweet spot with a slight irritability all involved, and 800 dear god ill eat everything and everything that has sugar in it (and i hate sweets). love the 600mg for about 15 days and then im done

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to metsfan4life For This Useful Post:

    NbleSavage (04-26-2019)

  19. #11
    Elite Maintenance Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    One step from going too far
    Posts
    2,065
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 769 Times in 552 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4life View Post
    lolz thats pretty much me after about day 14 but with 400 being the handle, 600 sweet spot with a slight irritability all involved, and 800 dear god ill eat everything and everything that has sugar in it (and i hate sweets). love the 600mg for about 15 days and then im done
    I think I made it around 21-24 days or something. 750mgs for almost a week put me over the top. It's almost like a bad nightmare. I get soooooo excited when I know I can throw in the towel. I get my life back!! Lol
    Think of it like this bag, is full of my fukks. You're not getting any of em. None of em. I give zero fukks.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Maintenance Man For This Useful Post:

    NbleSavage (04-26-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. What Happens to Yer Body During a 10,000 Calorie Cheat Day?
    By NbleSavage in forum Studies and Other Scientific Data
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-31-2017, 03:22 PM
  2. Fawk yer "Farmers Walk" - 2017 Arnold Strongman Yoke & Frame Carry
    By NbleSavage in forum Powerlifiting Meets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2017, 08:56 PM
  3. Anyone running or planning on running DNP now or soon?
    By TiredandHot in forum DNP - Dinitrophenol
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-16-2016, 04:07 PM
  4. How does your training change 4wks out from a meet?
    By widehips71 in forum Powerlifiting Meets
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 05:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •