First Cycle Q&A

Reaction score
About Me:
-35 yr
-5’11
-200 lbs
-weight training for 14 years

What I Know:
-Going to run Test Cyp 500 ml per week (250 2x per week) starting tomorrow.
-8 week cycle
-I have Test, Syringes, and Tamoxifen

What I Need to Know:
-There is soooo much info out there, with what I have, what else do I need, (post cycle and during) and WHY???
-Aside from alternating right and left mid delts, what are the best locations to pin? (Incase something goes wrong or I have pip)
-Should I wait for blood work, to see if I have any gino before starting Tamoxifen, or just take it reagrdless to be proactive?
-Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We have an entire sticky on first cycles.

Also, 8 weeks isn't going to be long enough.

Why would you think delts are the best pinning location? I rarely pin delts. Quads and ventroglute for me.

Do you have your PCT planned?

Tamoxifen is for PCT and should be part of your PCT so you WILL take it regardless, but not during your cycle.

You'll find that I'm one of the people on the board that will give first timers more info and more leeway than is probably safe... But damn dude. At least pretend to have a clue what you're doing.

I could care less about your stats, goals, history, etc... I just dont want you to perma**** yourself, which is exactly what's going to happen unless you start being a little clearer on what your intentions are.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
and for crying out loud do not start tomorrow! let's figure this out first because it sounds like you dont have everything you need!

Let me put it bluntly, if you start tomorrow I will no longer be willing to help you out. You will quite literally be on your own to figure this out. I have zero sympathy for the person that rushes into something like this and it's just natural selection at its finest.

Reaction score
-The reason I thought mid delts would be the best location is because that’s what I heard/read on many different threads/youtube vids.
-You said “I just dont want you to perma**** yourself, which is exactly what's going to happen unless you start being a little clearer on what your intentions are.” I thought I was being clear. That is why I am on here, to get the assistance or help of those with more experience.
-I have no prior experience or friends/referencies aside from what information I gather online. That’s why I am asking. Tell me, what do you recommend.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lay out your plan including PCT.

Have you had bloodwork done yet?

Reaction score
Got blood work done.
My plan
-250ml on Monday and Thursday mornings for 8 weeks. 500ml total per week. (I was debating going 12 weeks, but thought to keep it short my first cycle. Again just from what I read online)
-I already have a good workout and diet regiment in place, so no altering that there.
-Pin location again was going to be altering mid delts, in the morning. I have alcohol prep pads, and everything to pin with.
-Biggest thing is post cycle, the only thing I have is Temoxifin, nothing regarding HGC, that’s why I am here asking for help. I have heard so many conflicting things as far as what to take. Need a direct answer and why to go that route.
-Not sure what else you are looking for as far as a response from me regarding my plan. Again, here for help, let me know and I will answer/be receptive. Thanks again

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
first things first, 12 week minimum for that cycle imo. 8 weeks is barely gonna give you a taste. I would recommend HCG, but it's not absolutely neccessary.

You will need Clomid and an AI. Either aromasin or arimidex would be your best bet.

The correct measurement will be mg, not ml. Just an FYI. I'm assuming it's either test e or c at 250mg per ml?

Reaction score
Yes, you are correct,...Test C at 250 ml. You said I will need Clomid and an AI. Pardon my ignorance, but what is Al? That’s either the aromasin or arimidex you mentioned? Which would you recommend and why? Doesage, for how long? Same with the Tamoxifen, what doseage and length would you recommend?

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
AI is an aromatase inhibitor. Long story short it keeps your estrogen in check while on test.

Test converts to estrogen. higher test = higher estrogen.

Arimidex and aromasin are the most popular. I prefer arimidex, others prefer aromasin.

Every person is different so I cant tell you a dose for the AI. I take .5mg twice per week of arimidex on 500mg per week. Some people need more, some don't need any (rare).

HCG is usually injected 250IU twice per week while one cycle. Stop the HCG when you stop your cycle. Allow the ester to clear your system prior to starting your PCT. Since you're taking test c you should start approx 2 weeks after last inject and PCT typically about 4 weeks (I do not PCT since I blast and cruise).

Standard PCT would be 20mg Nolvadex and 50mg Clomid per day. Like I said, I dont PCT so others may chime in. I know some people start with a much higher dose of clomid then taper down.

Bloods before starting cycle. Bloods at week 6 or so to check estrogen if needed. Bloods 2 weeks post cycle prior to PCT. Bloods 4 weeks post PCT completion to see how your recovered.

Lots of bloods since it's your first cycle.

And seriously, 12 weeks minimum.

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the insight.

So just to clarify,...

DURING CYCLE
-Test c 2x per week 250 ml each
-HCG 2x per week 250IU (EACH???)
(And should I use HCG same day as test?)

PCT
-Start PCT 2 weeks after last test/HCG pin, and once I start PCT, it should last 4 weeks
-Clomid 1x per day 50mg
-Nolvadex 20mg per day 20mg
-Arimidex 2x per week .5mg
-Tamoxifen (dosage, rate???)

Seems like a lot to run PCT

Reaction score
Just learned Tamoxifen and Nolvadex is the same thing. So disregard that question. Thanks again!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the insight.

So just to clarify,...

DURING CYCLE
-Test c 2x per week 250 ml each
-HCG 2x per week 250IU (EACH???)
(And should I use HCG same day as test?)

PCT
-Start PCT 2 weeks after last test/HCG pin, and once I start PCT, it should last 4 weeks
-Clomid 1x per day 50mg
-Nolvadex 20mg per day 20mg
-Arimidex 2x per week .5mg
-Tamoxifen (dosage, rate???)

Seems like a lot to run PCT

Your not disregarding Spongy's advice on the importance of blood work, right?

Just learned Tamoxifen and Nolvadex is the same thing. So disregard that question. Thanks again!

See, you're learning; good for you! Now please tell me that cycle is on hold for the moment.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Chiming in to say no to delts. I refuse to learn this lesson and every time I do it I regret it for a day or two. (Haven’t tried calves yet but I heard that’s an even dumber lesson to learn)

VG is the way to go.

Reaction score
Yes to blood work. I got it done and have the results. Not dismissing anything you guys have to offer. I am holding off till I get everything for PCT and HCG.

I see some recommend waiting on HGC till PCT, but I will take Spongy’s advice on doing it during the cycle.

Last question,...The HCG I have access to is Pregnyl 5000IU the vial is 1ml, how many of these would I need if I am doing what you said as far as 250IU 2 x per week for a 12 week cycle?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Yes to blood work. I got it done and have the results. Not dismissing anything you guys have to offer. I am holding off till I get everything for PCT and HCG.

I see some recommend waiting on HGC till PCT, but I will take Spongy’s advice on doing it during the cycle.

Last question,...The HCG I have access to is Pregnyl 5000IU the vial is 1ml, how many of these would I need if I am doing what you said as far as 250IU 2 x per week for a 12 week cycle?

1.1 viles of 5000iu. 1ml has nothing to do with the dose. You’ll mix it with more bac tha. 1ml because you’d not be able to dose it precisely adding only 1ml. Just get 1 vile IMo.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
1.1 viles of 5000iu. 1ml has nothing to do with the dose. You’ll mix it with more bac tha. 1ml because you’d not be able to dose it precisely adding only 1ml. Just get 1 vile IMo.

I always screw up the math on this but I believe adding 10ml of bac makes it 500iu/ml and I use .5ml in an insulin pin.

Anyone want to double check that? :32 (11):

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
500ml of gear a week is pretty excessive, do u mean 500mg a week? All the other meatheads on here obviously didnt catch this error.....

Reaction score
Flyingdragon and all others. I really appreciate all of those who chimed in, and understanding that this is new to many of us, and helping with the learning curve. Thanks again

New Threads