Is a “micro cycle” of <200mg of Test-E an option for skinny guys.

Reaction score
I’m interested in finding out what others think of doing a “micro cycle” of anabolic steroids - For example, taking 50 - 100mg per week of a single compound like Test-E while training.

I’m just throwing everything I can think of in here for you guys to pick apart with with me as i'm pretty intuitive person who just likes to gather perspective and out of the box ideas first; to see if there are any loopholes or possibilities that can be taken advantage of with getting fit.

The general rule of thumb for beginners I’ve seen

• Make sure you have taken advantage of every opportunity you have to make significant initial gains for at least 2 years; before doing your first cycle.
    You would be mad to not crush it initially and get your natural muscle mass up before introducing any anabolics into your system.
  • To wait until you’re at least 21+ (Why screw with a hurricane of puberty enraged hormonal receptors even more!)
  • Have your diet on point - shovel carbs and protein down your throat 15 times a day so your body can heal the damage you’ve just put it thru in training.
  • Make sure you get your blood tests done to understand what your initial levels for testosterone are; to compare against your results mid and post cycle.
However the standard results, precautions, side affects & risks of anabolic steroids are exactly that, standard, for the standard person; and there may be subjective situations or case by case examples where things could be tweaked for smaller & bigger guys etc.

So what about those of us who are SCRAWNY mother****ers with bitch ass twig arms and knitting needles for legs; who find it significantly more difficult do even lift a ten KG weight off the stand, who can’t find the stamina, endurance, strength or motivation to complete even the most minimal beginner training programs.

For “Ectomorphs" & guys under 70Kg’s/150 pounds with a minimal to non existent body fat percentage.

• would a smaller dose help with the initial introductory exposure to working out; in order to make gains possible in the first place.
  • Will the progress from follow up exercise and workouts become much more attainable; once you have the advantage of being stronger from the “minimal but still beneficial muscle growth” you’ve just acquired from micro-cycle workouts you previously completed.
  • Would it be advantageous to dose smaller over a longer period of time; rather than "blasting and cruising” sort of as a “Strength supplement" or "energy boost"
  • Is taking under 250mg per week going to mean your natural testosterone production will cease entirely?
  • Will you suddenly be left with less testosterone than if you hadn’t taken any at all? – Or will testosterone produced from the Test-E become additional to what your body makes, provided your testes are still the dominant producer of testosterone in your body?
  • Would your muscles, tendons, chemical receptors & overall fitness adapt more efficiently to growth and change in size;
    when testosterone & anabolic's are introduced progressively to your system over time in consistently larger cycles.
  • Would a small dose make initial workouts and physical demands from your body during training more bearable / possible for novice body builders.
  • What is the smallest dose you could take and still see benefits?
  • Is there a ratio per kilogram of body weight /MBI that you can use to determine/estimate your highest / minimum dosages.
  • Is there any chance of considerable muscle growth when not shocking the body with the standard (>300mg)pw flush of testosterone.
  • Are there any euphoric or strength benefits to be expected from doses of Test-E under 250 MG; to increase energy, boost motivation & improve physical strength slightly.
  • Is it possible to determine what percentage of your gains each month are expected to be purely extrinsic progress from the testosterone cycle; and what percentage of that muscle growth has simply been acquired “naturally” from working out?
It seems the common problem scenario for the stereotyped “meat-heads” out there is with slamming a gram of 3 different compounds into their ass each week; hoping to hulk rage and morph into a 300 pound wall of man-meat overnight. So its easy to understand why there is an endless repetition of warnings and precautionary comments from people trying to prevent these guys from going too hard too fast.

You will **** yourself up and you will come crashing down hard if you expect your body to naturally maintain excessive gains obtained rapidly in a supernatural time frame.

So, should we skinny dudes bust our ass for 2 years first to gain a measly 2 pounds of muscle before doing a first cycle?
Would a small dose of Test-E help at all, or would it be safe to simply go all in and trial the standard 250-350 mg p/w dosage like usual while working out.

I'm 26
6"3'
70Kgs / 150 pounds
BMI - 17.6
10.5% Body Fat

Cheers Guys, Felix 😄

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Your idea is foolish.

HPTA is binary. On or Off. Injecting a small amount of test (50mg/wk) could actually results in a lower total test level than your natural levels.

Edit: this means exogenous (injected) test is not additive to endogenous (naturally produced). Your body relies on one or the other. if any exogenous testosterone is injected then all endogenous production ceases. This is how your total levels could actually drop if you inject very low doses

You are not special. You are not unique. You are not outside the laws of thermodynamics.

Calories consumed>daily caloric expenditure = you gain weight.

You need to learn how to eat. Steroids AT ANY DOSE are not your answer.

As a meat head who has been 300 pounds I can tell you what that EVEN WITH MULTIPLE CYCLES it takes YEARS to achieve this.Eating so much food when bulking that I didn’t enjoy a single meal by the end.

I started at 250 before I ever saw a needle.

Suck it up buttercup. Everybody starts from somewhere.

If gaining muscle was easy then everybody would be jacked.

Try for 2 years? Some of us have been at this for decades.....

There’s nothing conceptually hard about becoming muscular. The hard part is being disciplined every week of every year for years to achieve your goals.

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
What Jin said, but I'm impressed with how organized your first post ever is! I don't even know how to do some of the things you did there! :32 (18):

Reaction score
There’s really nothing more to add other than what jin said. You need to eat. And eat. And eat more. I’m an inch taller than you and I weigh in the upper 250’s, and I’m not that big. I eat a whole lot of food, my first meal is at 6am and last is at about midnight and it’s not a whole lot of fun.

Steroids are not a good option for you at this point. Maybe later in life after many years of eating and training and learning. But 200mg a week, at your age, will likely have no effect on your testosterone levels.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
I really hope that you read Jins post a few times and let it soak in. No one jams a gram of AAS in their ass each week and turns into a monster. If you cant grow without AAS, you are doing something wrong. Diet or workout or sleep. Getting the size of some of these guys out here takes years. During your workout, do you feel like you busted your ass? Now think about doubling up that intensity. That's what it takes. No one out here "goes thru the motions" and hope that magic mikes muscle potion will turn you into the hulk.

To get size, first you have to eat. And I don't mean eat three/four meals a day. I mean, eating is a second job. Its not fun. But in the end, its worth it.

Don't get me wrong, I was 135 in my 20's at 5'10" Talk about skinny. I have put on 100 pounds. Most without the aid of AAS. But I had to learn how to eat and train the right way.

You will get there, just remember its a lifestyle.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UG Fitboii. If you read up on what a negative feedback loop is, you will quickly see why this won't help and coups actually make things harder after coming off.

Talk about what you are eating day to day. Let's start there

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Just reread my post and it came off a bit too harsh.

With that said I did write all that out for your benefit. Feel free to ask questions and

Welcome to The Underground.

Last edited:

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
299lb Jin don’t exaggerate

Your idea is foolish.

HPTA is binary. On or Off. Injecting a small amount of test (50mg/wk) could actually results in a lower total test level than your natural levels.

Edit: this means exogenous (injected) test is not additive to endogenous (naturally produced). Your body relies on one or the other. if any exogenous testosterone is injected then all endogenous production ceases. This is how your total levels could actually drop if you inject very low doses

You are not special. You are not unique. You are not outside the laws of thermodynamics.

Calories consumed>daily caloric expenditure = you gain weight.

You need to learn how to eat. Steroids AT ANY DOSE are not your answer.

As a meat head who has been 300 pounds I can tell you what that EVEN WITH MULTIPLE CYCLES it takes YEARS to achieve this.Eating so much food when bulking that I didn’t enjoy a single meal by the end.

I started at 250 before I ever saw a needle.

Suck it up buttercup. Everybody starts from somewhere.

If gaining muscle was easy then everybody would be jacked.

Try for 2 years? Some of us have been at this for decades.....

There’s nothing conceptually hard about becoming muscular. The hard part is being disciplined every week of every year for years to achieve your goals.