Water depletion protocol help

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
Hi i hope this is the right place to post this

I’m going to attempt dry out for a upcoming event. Its not a bodybuilding show just a weekend long expo and the simple truth is I’d like to look my best in pics lol. However aside from that I would like to give it a try anyway to see how it is done and what my body reacts like ect. incase I was to ever do a bb show in future.

So ive researched and designed this simple protocol;

Day 1 to 7 = 3 gallon water with a slightly higher than normal sodium intake (through salting my food with sea salt mainly)
- ive also been supplementing glucosamine for the joints and I think this may be making me hold water too (due to high sodium content?)

Day 8 = 1 litre water with no added salt in diet and no high sodium foods

Day 9 = same as day 8 but save most of my carbs for that night and eat a high carb salty meal with most of the 1 litre water allowance
- my thinking was this would fill into the muscle to swell them back up after being dehydrated and sodium depleted from day 8 & 9

Day 10 = this is a Saturday and the day of the event. I practice IF so id not eat until the evening and just sip on water 1 litre again
- however that night I will probably be drinking/partying (I stick to vodka and diet mixers)

The event is on a Saturday and Sunday so im
wondering (since i have to eat on saturday evening) would I balloon up on sunday due to my body wabting to hold on to as much water as possible after being in a depleted state?

I’m new to this so Id love to hear the input from the many knowledgeable guys on the forum for help.

Nb:
- im also supplementing creatine 7g daily but didnt think this held water subQ (unless due to drinking so much water lately?)

Thanks for reading hope you can help!

Last edited:

andy

Elite
Reaction score
day 1-3inc. 8L
day 4 - 4L
day 5 - 1.5L
day 6 - 0.3L + 2 cups of espresso
day 7 (day of the show/pics or whatever) - no water. it includes food wich contains water. (boiled rice, boiled potatoe etc.) So i would eat rice cakes and oven baked potatoes.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
thats my protocol, so could not work for u. But least u can do is give it a thought

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
day 1-3inc. 8L
day 4 - 4L
day 5 - 1.5L
day 6 - 0.3L + 2 cups of espresso
day 7 (day of the show/pics or whatever) - no water. it includes food wich contains water. (boiled rice, boiled potatoe etc.) So i would eat rice cakes and oven baked potatoes.

What about sodium?

New Threads