Trying to be my best self

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I agree with you and agree he relying too much on supplements but no one has answered his question.

Why ignore the more obvious though? And since when do we not make comments which aren't germaine to the topic at hand lol

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
1) 8 ounces of ground beef, mixed with 100g of white rice, toss in some frozen spinach. Quick, easy, very portable in containers for quick meals. 700-800 Cals depending upon leanness of the beef. Cook in bulk if it helps.

2) Big pot of chili. Whatever meat you like, whatever beans you like, can of crushed tomatoes, toss in diced peppers and onions, and a seasoning packet. Add in rice for extra carbs. Lots of leftover meals.

Last edited:

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
He asked for suggestions for his 3 meals

Yes, and then I asked a follow-up question because his diet concerned me. I think that is okay to do. And then I suggested that even though he may not "like food" like he confessed, it's not a good idea to get the bulk of our nutrients, both macro and micro from suppliments. Which was also ok for me to say and helpful.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
OP, everyone has their own likes and dislikes with food preferences. Find something you can stand eating and cook it in bulk once or twice a week. Get a basic food scale and measure it out and put it in little tupperware containers. You can also cook up like 5-6 cups of rice and do the same thing with it. I like to eat fresh fruit and drink not from concentrate orange juice with my meals as it aids in digestion and for the vitamins. If the meat and rice is too dry, add a cup of bone broth. Low fat cottage cheese is also a great source of protein and other important stuff.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

There's nothing I enjoy more than working out and making gains! I have recently come off a 3 month Test E cycle, and had 1 crazy night out, yes I did a lot of things I shouldn't and regretted it the next day. That aside, the last 3 days I've found it hard to get my motivation back for eating properly. I have eaten way to trash since, and want to get back on track. I am trying to bulk, but I have gained a lot of fat since my night out and want to keep bulking but keep fat gain to an absolute minimum.

I weight 100kg (91kg pre course) at 6'2" and have read so many different things on whether I will keep some of my gains post PCT, but I hope I can at least stay around 94-95kg. I want to annihilate any bad fats, sugar and foods that just do me bad. i calculated that I need between 3000-3400 calories to put on muscle mass, and I know it's vital to be eating the right amount of everything.

My typical breakfast is 170g 0% fat yoghurt, 100ml full fat milk, 15-20g chia seeds, 25g whey protein powder, 33g serious mass protein powder & 30g rolled oats; which is a great breakfast, especially as a pre workout meal! (542cal / 51.4g protein / 54.6g carbs [13.2g of sugar] / 13.5g fat)

I have two homemade shakes throughout the day too, one at 8am (after gym), and one at around 8pm (before bed).
Made with 300ml full fat milk, 66g serious mass protein powder, 25g whey protein powder, 60g rolled oats & 30g peanut butter. (947cal / 53g protein / 105.5g carbs [21.6g of sugar] / 32.8g fat)

What can you all suggest for my remaining calories? I have a very active job (building boats) a lot of heavy lifting, walking a lot so I didn't know if you all suggested extra calories? I do not like to eat a lot, need a small but effective meals for tea break at 10:30am, lunch at 1:00pm, and tea at 5:30pm.

I also take a cod liver oil 1000mg in the morning and 1-2 times a week 2 ZMA capsules before sleep.

Thanks in advanced!

Hey man, it sounds like you are doing some good things! Small effective meals for me are tuna packs or sardines, boiled eggs, greek yogurt, oats, shrimp and fish, chicken breast although I like thighs better, avocados, almonds, broccoli, rice as needed. It sounds like you burn a lot of calories at work so you might want to keep that in mind in regards to carb intake. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this board so lean in and hang around for a while.

bengom

Reaction score
Hi, sorry it took so long to reply! Thanks everyone for there input!

I have started eating a lot more fruit (Tesco's fruit pots) usually in 100g pots, strawberries, pomegranate seeds, pineapple or mango ususally! I have been eating 1-2 of these a day on top of juicy Jazz apples, wow these are nice apples! Once a day at work, as for foods I have been cooking more chicken & been using various things for carbs. One thing I did have which I'd like a review on if possible please: brown seeded bread? I've heard that NOBODY likes to use white bread but what about seeded brown bread? usually 2 slices a day if I take this option.

Also started sipping Innocent citrus shield juice (flavour with highest nutritional content) with .52mg vit B1, .57mg vit B2, 5.4mg vit B3, and vit's B6, C & E too!

New Threads