Do you get leaner, as you gain muscle mass? Recomp Question... Help plz.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'd find what your current true maintenance calories are. Up it by 100 or so for a few weeks, your body should just adjust by burning it off since it's in the ballpark. After a few weeks, add in another 100 or so, let the body adapt, repeat until you get to a good starting point where you have lots of room to drop calories on the way down.

Your body has adapted to low calories, it's not broken, it's just pure biology. It kept our species alive during times when famine was a very real threat. Let it know that food is plentiful, that there's no threat.

If you climb too fast though, your body WANTS to store extra fat for the next time food is scarce. You have to walk that tightrope to get out of the hole you're in.

Reaction score
not this canadian. FML

You and me both,. You out west cost or east? I’m in Vancouver, they practically shove it down your throat here and if you don’t play along nicely your a racist nazi Biggot

Last edited:

German89

Elite
Reaction score
You and me both, brother. You out west cost or east? I’m in Vancouver, they practically shove it down your throat here and if you don’t play along nicely your a racist nazi Biggot
East... I just stay away from it all. I dont watch the news. I stopped going on social media. I just can't do it any more. My mother is a libtard, I didn't agree on something, she called me a fukkin racist! Liberal logic, right? My guy and I rant about libs all day.

As I was doing cardio, I just read PM is offering steel and wood to help rebuild the cathedral in france.. That made me so angry. SO FUKKIN MAD!

Reaction score
So, OP, "if" you were ghey, and i don't know how big of an "if" that is, between these two, who would you choose sticking or getting stuck by?;
a) Larry Wheels
or
b) Dwayne the rock Johnson.
Asking for a friend.
disclaimer: no homo.
Pretty clear that he’d be the one getting stuck

Reaction score
East... I just stay away from it all. I dont watch the news. I stopped going on social media. I just can't do it any more. My mother is a libtard, I didn't agree on something, she called me a fukkin racist! Liberal logic, right? My guy and I rant about libs all day.

As I was doing cardio, I just read PM is offering steel and wood to help rebuild the cathedral in france.. That made me so angry. SO FUKKIN MAD!

don’t even get me started on Trud-no. Guys an absolute clown, an embarrassment and humiliation to this country. We’re currently dealing with a Fent problem here in my home town, it’s run down by drug addicts who are doing nothing but stealing, assualting innocent civilians, and hurting local business... yet there’s still those bleeding hearts who think they deserve more of our tax dollars. Makes me lose sleep at night man.

Last edited:

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Pretty clear that he’d be the one getting stuck
lmfao

Bro don’t even get me started on Trud-no. Guys an absolute clown, an embarrassment and humiliation to this country. We’re currently dealing with a Fent problem here in my home town, it’s run down by drug addicts who are doing nothing but stealing, assualting innocent civilians, and hurting local business... yet there’s still those bleeding hearts who think they deserve more of our tax dollars. Makes me lose sleep at night man.
lmfao... don't lose sleep, it's not worth it. just make sure you vote.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Side note if this affects anything already said:
I am 50
I am hypothyroid (on 75 grains liothyronine daily)
diabetes
sleep apnea (use cpap) no issues with apnea but I dont sleep well in general.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am 50
diabetes

That absolutely affects the process of achieving your goal.

However, that doesn't mean you can't complete your goals. As you already know, you just have to be more strategic and be more strict than others.

You got it man! Smash them goals.

Reactions: CJ

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I am 50
diabetes

Yes, the thyroid issue is above my pay grade. I honestly don't know much about how it affects things.

New Threads