Do you get leaner, as you gain muscle mass? Recomp Question... Help plz.

Reaction score
Everybody needs to pick a realistic physique to achieve. Nobody on this board is going to look like Larry Wheels.

I’m not “hating” on you I’ve had the same discussion with people I am mentoring.

I agree in keeping it realistic. Just an aspiration in being lean and strong

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
Everybody needs to pick a realistic physique to achieve. Nobody on this board is going to look like Larry Wheels.

I’m not “hating” on you I’ve had the same discussion with people I am mentoring.

I for one, would never wanna be above 260. I’ve never been there, but from what I’ve heard it’s pretty taxing lugging around that kind of weight. Idk if you’ve ever seen Seth Feorce’s video where he talks about the changes he made to his physique and why, but I made it up to 252 and I’ll tell you I’ll never be back. Huffing and puffing going up a set of 20 stairs... no thanks.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I surprised no one has brought up Larry's genetics + his work ethic + blasting an incredible amount of gear since he was like 15-16 years old.... OP, no disrespect, but Larry is a monster and a freak. If you think you can go further, good luck. Let's see some pics.

EDIT: Posted this before I read Jin's post...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I surprised no one has brought up Larry's genetics + his work ethic + blasting an incredible amount of gear since he was like 15-16 years old.... OP, no disrespect, but Larry is a monster and a freak. If you think you can go further, good luck. Let's see some pics.

Where did I say I was going further? Quote me on that. Jesus Christ you guys get so carried away. The guy is an absolute animal, crazy genetics, insanely strong, HENCE why I aspire to be like him. All I said was I don’t consider his PHYSIQUE “freakish”... in comparison to some of the IFBB pros like Yates or Coleman. Is everyone in here illiterate?

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Where did I say I was going further? Quote me on that. Jesus Christ you guys get so carried away. The guy is an absolute animal, crazy genetics, insanely strong, HENCE why I aspire to be like him. All I said was I don’t consider his PHYSIQUE “freakish”... in comparison to some of the IFBB pros like Yates or Coleman. Is everyone in here illiterate?

LOL I didn't read the other posts...

..but you now experience what I do.

I get it; I don't see how anyone can't understand. Larry isn't freakish compared to IFBB Pro's.

You're talking physique only. I get that and I didnt even read the other posts.

Reaction score
LOL I didn't read the other posts...

..but you now experience what I do.

I get it; I don't see how anyone can't understand. Larry isn't freakish compared to IFBB Pro's.

You're talking physique only. I get that and I didnt even read the other posts.

Finally. Your a good man, thank you.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree in keeping it realistic. Just an aspiration in being lean and strong

**** that, shoot for the moon.

No limit should be your limit. If you don't make it to the moon, you'll at least leave orbit.

I have the minority view on goals, though. Feel free to disagree.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Finally. Your a good man, thank you.

You have to really clarify here, like "Larry Wheels physique is not as freakish as prime Ronnie Coleman's physique".

You leave a shred of ambiguity and you're ****ed.

Good luck!

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I actually provided you with a very specific, well thought out answer to your original question, and ignored all this f*ckery and banter about Larry Wheels...and didn’t even get an acknowledgement or thank you from you...

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
lol i didn't read the other posts...

..but you now experience what i do.

I get it; i don't see how anyone can't understand. Larry isn't freakish compared to ifbb pro's.

You're talking physique only. I get that and i didnt even read the other posts.

Screw you Hulk!!!!!!! ;)

Reaction score
I actually provided you with a very specific, well thought out answer to your original question, and ignored all this f*ckery and banter about Larry Wheels...and didn’t even get an acknowledgement or thank you from you...
Yes, and thank you. Must of slipped past me from all these gay boi’s sucking off Larry about his freakish physique. Much appreciated and thank you for taking the time to reply.

Reaction score
**** that, shoot for the moon.

No limit should be your limit. If you don't make it to the moon, you'll at least leave orbit.

I have the minority view on goals, though. Feel free to disagree.

I totally agree with you bro. I don’t see why, if your totally committed and find it your passion, for whatever the topic may be, to put a cap on your own capabilities.

Reaction score
I totally agree with you bro. I don’t see why, if your totally committed and find it your passion, for whatever the topic may be, to put a cap on your own capabilities.

Totally contradicted myself, but what I meant in my first response about being realistic was that everyone is gonna have their own look at the end of the day. No matter how hard I try or juice there’s a good chance I’m not gonna have the physique of Coleman, or the strength of Larry. But there is certainly no reason to put a cap on my own capabilities or let that be a reason to not push myself to the limit.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
OP- you are taking a lot of offense where none has been intended.

You are also the only one calling others names and belittling them on purpose.

Nobody here is out to get you.

Reaction score
OP- you are taking a lot of offense where none has been intended.

You are also the only one calling others names and belittling them on purpose.

Nobody here is out to get you.

Never called anyone any direct names. Asked a question pertaining to everyone being illiterate based on the fact no one seemed to be able to get the point I was trying to make, after clearly stating it post.. after post... after post... after post... anyways.

EDIT: Offended isn’t the right word either, I’m not gonna take some online forum with peoples opinions about another dudes body to heart lmfao. Seems like they are more so than I... I think frustrated seems to fit more appropriately.

Last edited:

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Never called anyone any direct names. Asked a question pertaining to everyone being illiterate based on the fact no one seemed to be able to get the point I was trying to make, after clearly stating it post.. after post... after post... after post... anyways.

EDIT: Offended isn’t the right word either, I’m not gonna take some online forum with peoples opinions about another dudes body to heart lmfao. Seems like they are more so than I... I think frustrated seems to fit more appropriately.

If this is truly the case, why so serious....?

New Threads