Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,217 Times in 1,876 Posts
    I've stood next to Larry Wheels at a meet, he is freakishly huge...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gibsonator For This Useful Post:

Jin (05-14-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    Powerbuilder! FYI, most guys hate that word so be careful using it. lol

No two ways about it, you can be strong and look good but one has to take precedent over the other. I can tell this, at 10% BF, the gains come hard regardless of what you're trying to do and at 8%, forget it. If strength is your main goal, let that develop and the size will come. A more refined look will come with your diet.
    Yes, thank you. I recognize the hate around that word. My workout currently is based loosely around both 5-3-1 and DC style for the accessory work with cardio thrown in 3x a week. Thinking about dropping the cardio and upping the cals to 3500-4000 of lean protein and low GI carbs once I reach desired BF%. I think sub 10 would be too hard to maintain while gaining mass (obviously). I think maybe 12-14% would be more reasonable to maintain through diet while making some solid mass gains with a good cycle added.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bigtravdawg For This Useful Post:

snake (05-15-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibsonator View Post
    I've stood next to Larry Wheels at a meet, he is freakishly huge...
    Heís only 245.... at 6í1... Iíve never stood next to the guy but I wouldnít define it as freakish unless your coming from a natty perspective

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtravdawg View Post
    He’s only 245.... at 6’1... I’ve never stood next to the guy but I wouldn’t define it as freakish unless your coming from a natty perspective
    he's 6'1 and weighs between 265/285 actually. to put it in perspective, ive been to expos and stood next to a lot of pros/fitness ivons and have always looked huge next to them, not Larry, he's a big dude. And you wanna tell me that guys chest amongst other things isn't freakishly huge? ur trippin bro and kinda all over the place. good luck with your goal whichever it is

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gibsonator For This Useful Post:

automatondan (05-14-2019)

Thanks
    he's 6'1 and weighs between 265/285 actually. to put it in perspective, ive been to expos and stood next to a lot of pros/fitness ivons and have always looked huge next to them, not Larry, he's a big dude. And you wanna tell me that guys chest amongst other things isn't freakishly huge? ur trippin bro and kinda all over the place. good luck with your goal whichever it is
    You sound pretty salty. My priorities are clearly stated in the 6th post down from OP. I never said the guy wasnít huge, anyone who can overhead press 405 isnít gonna be small. My only point was in comparison to guys like Yates, Coleman, some of the bigger IFBB pros, I would consider those guys freakish. But yeah sure, if you wanna get SUPER defensive about the guy for whatever reason then sure. I guess heís freakish, especially strength wise. Anyways, aspiring to be lean, and strong. Jesus Christ this is getting off topic

Thanks
    not salty dude, no problem agreeing to disagree

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 867 Posts
    Yes you can be strong and lean. Just actually track your food and eat 1-1.2g of protein per lb of goal body weigh per day, eat 20-22 total calories per lb of goal body weight per day, with the balance of fats and carbs tailored to what works best for you (you'll have to tinker here) - but don't go below 50g of fat or 100g of carbs per day.

Yes muscle tissue is the most metabolically demanding tissue in the body. By increasing your lean mass, you'll elevate your resting metabolic rate, which (as long as you're consuming enough protein each day because many enzymatic and nervous system cascades require amino acids) will pull from stored fat, especially after you've depleted intramuscular glycogen post-training.
    The harder I work, the luckier I get.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hurt For This Useful Post:

automatondan (05-14-2019),German89 (05-14-2019),Gibsonator (05-14-2019),Jin (05-14-2019),Long (05-14-2019),Metalhead1 (05-14-2019),Rhino99 (05-14-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,985 Times in 4,030 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtravdawg View Post
    Not in comparison to some of the IFBB pros. Going for a physique like Larry would be completely different then to aspire to someone like Regan Grimes
    Everybody needs to pick a realistic physique to achieve. Nobody on this board is going to look like Larry Wheels.

Iím not ďhatingĒ on you Iíve had the same discussion with people I am mentoring.

The Vanilla Godzilla

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

automatondan (05-14-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Everybody needs to pick a realistic physique to achieve. Nobody on this board is going to look like Larry Wheels.

Iím not ďhatingĒ on you Iíve had the same discussion with people I am mentoring.
    I agree in keeping it realistic. Just an aspiration in being lean and strong

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bigtravdawg For This Useful Post:

Jin (05-14-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post

I for one, would never wanna be above 260. Iíve never been there, but from what Iíve heard itís pretty taxing lugging around that kind of weight. Idk if youíve ever seen Seth Feorceís video where he talks about the changes he made to his physique and why, but I made it up to 252 and Iíll tell you Iíll never be back. Huffing and puffing going up a set of 20 stairs... no thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 1,297 Posts
    not salty dude, no problem agreeing to disagree
    Gotdamn who's this new Buddhist Monk typing for Gibs?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gadawg For This Useful Post:

Gibsonator (05-14-2019),Hurt (05-14-2019),Jin (05-14-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,097 Times in 1,287 Posts
    I surprised no one has brought up Larry's genetics + his work ethic + blasting an incredible amount of gear since he was like 15-16 years old.... OP, no disrespect, but Larry is a monster and a freak. If you think you can go further, good luck. Let's see some pics.

EDIT: Posted this before I read Jin's post...
    Last edited by automatondan; 05-14-2019 at 10:35 PM.
    "We are the white knights of the darker side of athletics." -HollyWoodCole

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast