Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,088 Times in 4,430 Posts
    OP- you are taking a lot of offense where none has been intended.

You are also the only one calling others names and belittling them on purpose.

Nobody here is out to get you.

Unrestrained Moderation.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

German89 (05-15-2019)

Thanks

Do you get leaner, as you gain muscle mass? Recomp Question... Help plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    OP- you are taking a lot of offense where none has been intended.

You are also the only one calling others names and belittling them on purpose.

Nobody here is out to get you.
    Never called anyone any direct names. Asked a question pertaining to everyone being illiterate based on the fact no one seemed to be able to get the point I was trying to make, after clearly stating it post.. after post... after post... after post... anyways.

EDIT: Offended isnít the right word either, Iím not gonna take some online forum with peoples opinions about another dudes body to heart lmfao. Seems like they are more so than I... I think frustrated seems to fit more appropriately.
    Last edited by bigtravdawg; 05-15-2019 at 12:07 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtravdawg View Post
    Never called anyone any direct names. Asked a question pertaining to everyone being illiterate based on the fact no one seemed to be able to get the point I was trying to make, after clearly stating it post.. after post... after post... after post... anyways.

EDIT: Offended isn’t the right word either, I’m not gonna take some online forum with peoples opinions about another dudes body to heart lmfao. Seems like they are more so than I... I think frustrated seems to fit more appropriately.
    If this is truly the case, why so serious....?
    "We are the white knights of the darker side of athletics." -HollyWoodCole

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by automatondan View Post
    If this is truly the case, why so serious....?
    Tren makes a man do crazy things

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigtravdawg For This Useful Post:

automatondan (05-16-2019),German89 (05-15-2019),Jin (05-15-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,104 Posts
    100% agree as I am white and donít wear glasses

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Everybody needs to pick a realistic physique to achieve. Nobody on this board is going to look like Larry Wheels.

Iím not ďhatingĒ on you Iíve had the same discussion with people I am mentoring.
    Your better to be looking at it than looking for it..Me

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trump For This Useful Post:

CJ275 (05-15-2019),Gibsonator (05-15-2019),Jin (05-15-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
    Yes you can be strong and lean. Just actually track your food and eat 1-1.2g of protein per lb of goal body weigh per day, eat 20-22 total calories per lb of goal body weight per day, with the balance of fats and carbs tailored to what works best for you (you'll have to tinker here) - but don't go below 50g of fat or 100g of carbs per day.

Yes muscle tissue is the most metabolically demanding tissue in the body. By increasing your lean mass, you'll elevate your resting metabolic rate, which (as long as you're consuming enough protein each day because many enzymatic and nervous system cascades require amino acids) will pull from stored fat, especially after you've depleted intramuscular glycogen post-training.
    Not to derail, but whaaaatttt?
    Help me out here.
    My TDEE is about 2800
    Im 6/2 and 240 today.
    I am in a deficit at 2100 calories with breakdown as follows:
    carbs 35% - 184g
    fat 25% 58g
    protein 40% 210g

I feel when i eat at maintenance I gain, if I eat more than that I gain a lot.
    If im trying to get lean or lean bulk then according to your statement I should be at 4600 c a day.

Can that be correct? Thats almost 2000 calories over maintenance.....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,621 Times in 1,465 Posts
    Donít let Instagram fool you. Larry is freakishly huge in person. The guy sat in front of me and literally took up 2 chairs. He is a genetic freak who takes full advantage of it through his dedication and work ethic. Not to mention heís been at it since his early teens. Iím aware that heís not the point of this thread but to call people gay ****boys because of how they feel about the man is pretty shitty.
    Now if you know what youíre worth then get out there and get what youíre worth

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Straight30weight For This Useful Post:

German89 (05-15-2019),Gibsonator (05-15-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino99 View Post
    Not to derail, but whaaaatttt?
    Help me out here.
    My TDEE is about 2800
    Im 6/2 and 240 today.
    I am in a deficit at 2100 calories with breakdown as follows:
    carbs 35% - 184g
    fat 25% 58g
    protein 40% 210g

I feel when i eat at maintenance I gain, if I eat more than that I gain a lot.
    If im trying to get lean or lean bulk then according to your statement I should be at 4600 c a day.

Can that be correct? Thats almost 2000 calories over maintenance.....
    The problem with a TDEE calculator is that we vary greatly as individuals, and our own TDEE can be changed by how we've been eating/burning Cals prior. As you eat less Cals, your body will adapt and become more efficient at using them, thus lowering your TDEE. Same applies to the way up.

Most people trying to lose drop into too big a deficit to start, the body responds, person gets frustrated because they can't eat any less they're so low already, they say **** it and go back to what USED to be their TDEE but isn't any longer, freak out and drop Cals massively again, and the cycle keeps repeating.

No meaningful weight is lost, and their TDEE is so low that it seems impossible to be true.
    Last edited by CJ275; 05-15-2019 at 06:31 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ275 View Post
    The problem with a TDEE calculator is that we vary greatly as individuals, and our own TDEE can be changed by how we've been eating/burning Cals prior. As you eat less Cals, your body will adapt and become more efficient at using them, thus lowering your TDEE. Same applies to the way up.

Most people trying to lose drop into too big a deficit to start, the body responds, person gets frustrated because they can't eat any less they're so low already, they say **** it and go back to what USED to be their TDEE but isn't any longer, freak out and drop Cals massively again, and the cycle keeps repeating.

No meaningful weight is lost, and their TDEE is so low that it seems impossible to be true.
    I understand all of that, but tdee is a starting point.....how can there be such a massive difference between that and what hurt is saying....tdee = 2800, hurt = 4600.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,658 Times in 2,095 Posts
    So, OP, "if" you were ghey, and i don't know how big of an "if" that is, between these two, who would you choose sticking or getting stuck by?;
    a) Larry Wheels
    or
    b) Dwayne the rock Johnson.
    Asking for a friend.
    disclaimer: no homo.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight30weight View Post
    Donít let Instagram fool you. Larry is freakishly huge in person. The guy sat in front of me and literally took up 2 chairs. He is a genetic freak who takes full advantage of it through his dedication and work ethic. Not to mention heís been at it since his early teens. Iím aware that heís not the point of this thread but to call people gay ****boys because of how they feel about the man is pretty shitty.
    Yeah I forgot this is 2019 isnít it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino99 View Post
    I understand all of that, but tdee is a starting point.....how can there be such a massive difference between that and what hurt is saying....tdee = 2800, hurt = 4600.
    Easily, because he did it right. Slowly upping Cals to gain weight, body adapts, add a little more, body adapts, repeat. Now you're at an optimal place to start weight loss. You're TDEE has been increased to 4600 and you have a lot of room to work with on the way down.

Those calculators are just good guesses, a reasonable starting point based upon the masses. There's a wide spectrum.

We're all a little different, but the process is the same.
    Last edited by CJ275; 05-15-2019 at 06:49 AM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CJ275 For This Useful Post:

German89 (05-15-2019),Gibsonator (05-15-2019),Rhino99 (05-15-2019)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast