Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help

Thanks
    I started eating really clean and lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks but I calculated I was only eating 1200 calories a day and I want to lose fat not muscle

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I used TDEE when I wanted to get serious about it. It just depends on where you're at and your goals. I know personally I started with small steps, such as only drinking water period. Then increased my fruits and vegetable intake substantially. You will be extremely hungry all the time. I agree with looking at what you have been eating. A calorie deficit of that much will not help you build muscle nor will it change your habits toward keeping off the weight.
    So it would be better to eat close to maintenance which by the calculations says 2500. Thank you I was eating half that. Iíve been eating 4 meals a day of chicken brown rice and broccoli

Thanks
    Iíve been on TRT for 3 weeks as well... what I am concentrating on now is just building muscle. I have a lot of fat to lose, but my first priority is to put on a solid 20lbs of muscle before I even consider a caloric deficit.

Iíve probably lost 40+ pounds of muscle in the last 15 years that Iíve been absent of lifting, so this is coming quick for me... Iíve gained 6 lbs already which Iím sure 90% of that is actually muscle given my progress in the weight room so far.

It just makes sense to me to take advantage of the rejuvenation and build muscle to help burn the fat. TRT is for life, itís not a race... thereís plenty of time to achieve anything you want.

Eat clean to fuel your body, work hard in the gym, and youíll achieve great things.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Beserker For This Useful Post:

testnoob (05-15-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beserker View Post
    I’ve been on TRT for 3 weeks as well... what I am concentrating on now is just building muscle. I have a lot of fat to lose, but my first priority is to put on a solid 20lbs of muscle before I even consider a caloric deficit.

I’ve probably lost 40+ pounds of muscle in the last 15 years that I’ve been absent of lifting, so this is coming quick for me... I’ve gained 6 lbs already which I’m sure 90% of that is actually muscle given my progress in the weight room so far.

It just makes sense to me to take advantage of the rejuvenation and build muscle to help burn the fat. TRT is for life, it’s not a race... there’s plenty of time to achieve anything you want.

Eat clean to fuel your body, work hard in the gym, and you’ll achieve great things.
    I have been considering this also I just need to figure out how much to eat and what to eat

Thanks
    Rule of thumb is 18 X your body weight in lbs = daily caloric demand. I wouldn’t sweat loosing weight until you have put on some muscle. The more muscle the more calories you will be able to eat.
    When life gives you melons you may be dyslexic.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Grego For This Useful Post:

testnoob (05-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss_Hoss View Post
    Going from low T to regular or high end T will give you the feeling of more air power. Like less time needed between sets. Be careful with your workout so as to increase volume or intensity at a regular pace. With your body adjusting to lower caloric intake and increased caloric demand, you do not want to burn up muscle as that could be extremely counter productive. Muscle is alive and burns its own calories as I am sure you know. Might look into some amino acids that prevent catabolic effects such as Luecine (which also happens to be very anabolic), or HMB. And I'm sure someone will get on here with better info than I.
    Two quick points to keep OP on track:

1) As long as your lifting intensely you wonít be losing any real muscle. (Assuming your deficit is sane. I.e roughly 2lbs per week or less. All bets are off if you starve yourself.

2) Donít worry about individual amino acids. Eat real foods high in protein or just use a regular whey protein shake if you have to. Thatíll give you more then enough of every essential and non-essential amino acid. Donít even sweat the type of whey for now.
    ďThe only natural test-boosters I know of that work are compound lifting, steaks, and looking at boobies...Ē -Dan

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Viduus For This Useful Post:

testnoob (05-17-2019)

Thanks
    The fact that you switched to real food instead of junk foods is the main step. I wouldn't worry about hitting a certain calorie target just yet. When you switch to real foods, calories usually take care of themselves, because it's so much harder to overeat on real food vs junk. Not impossible, but harder. Just get in a wide variety of those foods, quality meats, lots of different veggies, etc...

I'd still track though, just to have that information, and you'll learn alot from doing it.

Like Trump said though, let your trt kick in, see how that affects you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ275 For This Useful Post:

testnoob (05-17-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12