Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 52
  1. #1
    Elite Gadawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,858
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 2,261 Times in 1,315 Posts

    Diet changes to reduce inflammation....

    Ok, so Im a chronic investigator. I read and podcast daily on tons of subjects but Ive been on a driven path recently to cure my lifelong depression and anxiety problems.

    Here is what Ive come up with:
    The MAJORITY of all American health problems are lifestyle caused. In reading on the remaining hunter gatherer societies it is clear that even the disorders we accept as age related inevitabilities like cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, dementia, etc are typically lifestyle issues. Most of these people dont even have words for "depression". It just doesnt exist.

    What I can gather is that most of this relates to gut health, inflammation, and chemicals we ingest. I was a pretty big drinker of diet soda until 3 days ago when I read all the studies on how truly horrendous aspartame is for everything.

    So my plan is to keep cutting shit out of my diet until I see changes in my brain chemistry.

    Have any of you seen benefit from removing anything from your diet? For some people it is gluten, some dairy, often sugar, etc. Im no longer willing to accept that this is something to "cope with" because I do not believe it is a biologically normal phenomenon.

    Otherwise I practice cognitive behavior therapy, lots of cardio, and supplement with cannabis, all of which is remarkably beneficial but doesnt get me to "normal".

    As always, thanks for any input

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gadawg For This Useful Post:

    Rhino99 (05-15-2019)

  3. #2
    Senior Member Rot-Iron66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    314
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 360 Times in 165 Posts
    Its weird, TRT causes me anxiety. I dont want to stop it, it makes me feel great other than that. But anxiety does suck.
    It came on before TRT though when I was on statins, never had it before statins. Im off of them, but I notice on shot-day, anxiety is back.



    Good luck w/ your health, seem to be on the right path, and yes, all soda is poison (specially diet).
    [[[---ROT---]]]

  4. #3
    Elite Straight30weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,558
    Thanks
    1,196
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,237 Posts
    What’s your definition of normal?
    Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead.
    Do not walk in front of me, for I may not follow.
    Do not walk beside me either.
    Pretty much just leave me alone.

  5. #4
    Elite CJ275's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    682
    Thanks
    584
    Thanked 481 Times in 284 Posts
    You have to believe that ingesting/being exposed to all these chemicals has to be bad for our bodies. They're foreign to our bodies.

  6. #5
    Elite Gadawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,858
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 2,261 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot-Iron66 View Post
    Its weird, TRT causes me anxiety. I dont want to stop it, it makes me feel great other than that. But anxiety does suck.
    It came on before TRT though when I was on statins, never had it before statins. Im off of them, but I notice on shot-day, anxiety is back.

    Good luck w/ your health, seem to be on the right path, and yes, all soda is poison (specially diet).

    TRT did wonders for me in that sense

  7. #6
    Elite Gadawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,858
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 2,261 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight30weight View Post
    What’s your definition of normal?
    Well, my life is pretty well otherwise perfect. Great wife and kid, job I dont always hate, lotta passions, etc, so I should be happy most of the time but Im still very often anxious, stressed, angry, etc.

  8. #7
    Elite Straight30weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,558
    Thanks
    1,196
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,237 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadawg View Post
    Well, my life is pretty well otherwise perfect. Great wife and kid, job I dont always hate, lotta passions, etc, so I should be happy most of the time but Im still very often anxious, stressed, angry, etc.
    Shit man, I think what youre describing IS normal. I have a ton of good in my life, and I have the same issues. Isn’t that just life?
    Last edited by Straight30weight; 05-15-2019 at 04:46 PM. Reason: I swear sometimes I write like I’m 2 years old
    Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead.
    Do not walk in front of me, for I may not follow.
    Do not walk beside me either.
    Pretty much just leave me alone.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Straight30weight For This Useful Post:

    Gibsonator (05-15-2019),motown1002 (05-16-2019),silvereyes87 (05-15-2019)

  10. #8
    Elite bigdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    lu-z-anna
    Posts
    1,591
    Thanks
    1,422
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 712 Posts
    caffeine reduction helped my anxiety issues a good bit.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence!

    POPTARTS ARE MUSCLE FOOD!

  11. #9
    Elite Gadawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,858
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 2,261 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight30weight View Post
    Shit man, I think what you’ll do describing IS normal. I have a ton of good in my life, and I have the same issues. Isn’t that just life?
    Not the life I want anymore. The whole point is to enjoy it until the computer gets powered down

  12. #10
    Elite Straight30weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,558
    Thanks
    1,196
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,237 Posts
    I hope you find what you’re after.
    Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead.
    Do not walk in front of me, for I may not follow.
    Do not walk beside me either.
    Pretty much just leave me alone.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Straight30weight For This Useful Post:

    Gadawg (05-15-2019),silvereyes87 (05-15-2019)

  14. #11
    Elite hulksmash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,650
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 715 Times in 482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadawg View Post
    Ok, so Im a chronic investigator. I read and podcast daily on tons of subjects but Ive been on a driven path recently to cure my lifelong depression and anxiety problems.

    Here is what Ive come up with:
    The MAJORITY of all American health problems are lifestyle caused. In reading on the remaining hunter gatherer societies it is clear that even the disorders we accept as age related inevitabilities like cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, dementia, etc are typically lifestyle issues. Most of these people dont even have words for "depression". It just doesnt exist.

    What I can gather is that most of this relates to gut health, inflammation, and chemicals we ingest. I was a pretty big drinker of diet soda until 3 days ago when I read all the studies on how truly horrendous aspartame is for everything.

    So my plan is to keep cutting shit out of my diet until I see changes in my brain chemistry.

    Have any of you seen benefit from removing anything from your diet? For some people it is gluten, some dairy, often sugar, etc. Im no longer willing to accept that this is something to "cope with" because I do not believe it is a biologically normal phenomenon.

    Otherwise I practice cognitive behavior therapy, lots of cardio, and supplement with cannabis, all of which is remarkably beneficial but doesnt get me to "normal".

    As always, thanks for any input
    Removing every single thing except for meat and fasting made me feel like a kid again: endless energy, full of happiness, proper sleep behavior, etc.

    Plants and grains are filled with harmful and pernicious things like phytates, oxalates, phytic acid, enzyme inhibitor, phytoestrogen, lectin, and more.

    Meat-only diet and fasting is great for health. However, I believe a meat only diet should be done in temporary cycles. Also, if you fast, then you must only allow water. You can't call it a "fast" if you ingest anything besides water!

    Fasting for 72 hours has been proven to reset your entire immune system-wiping out old/damaged cells and restoring the immune system with new cells.


    The only dilemma with both is a person's willpower. Our society has made us believe our bodies can't handle fasting and eating only meat. Well, it can. Easily. It all depends on your will power.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolSteel View Post
    Pro genetics for not dying.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to hulksmash For This Useful Post:

    automatondan (05-16-2019)

  16. #12
    Elite Straight30weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,558
    Thanks
    1,196
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,237 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hulksmash View Post
    Removing every single thing except for meat and fasting made me feel like a kid again: endless energy, full of happiness, proper sleep behavior, etc.

    Plants and grains are filled with harmful and pernicious things like phytates, oxalates, phytic acid, enzyme inhibitor, phytoestrogen, lectin, and more.

    Meat-only diet and fasting is great for health. However, I believe a meat only diet should be done in temporary cycles. Also, if you fast, then you must only allow water. You can't call it a "fast" if you ingest anything besides water!

    Fasting for 72 hours has been proven to reset your entire immune system-wiping out old/damaged cells and restoring the immune system with new cells.


    The only dilemma with both is a person's willpower. Our society has made us believe our bodies can't handle fasting and eating only meat. Well, it can. Easily. It all depends on your will power.
    If it can be easily done, why only done in temporary cycles? (This is a real question, I’m genuinely curious)
    Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead.
    Do not walk in front of me, for I may not follow.
    Do not walk beside me either.
    Pretty much just leave me alone.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. reduce tren cough?? how??
    By redhot in forum Steroid Underground UNCENSORED
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-30-2014, 07:23 AM
  2. Help for pulls, sprains, inflammation
    By IWannaGetBig in forum Injury Recovery & Prevention
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2014, 09:50 PM
  3. What can i take for inflammation
    By lightwt44 in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-30-2014, 08:11 PM
  4. Cardio absolutely necessary to reduce bodyfat?
    By username1 in forum Training and Workouts
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-01-2013, 01:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •