Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadawg View Post
    Not the life I want anymore. The whole point is to enjoy it until the computer gets powered down
    You need to live off-grid like I did. I understand most can't pack up and go live on a wolf sanctuary lol

You can set aside specific times to be off-grid as much as possible and spend that time socializing and doing activities you wish to do.

Loss of earned gratification and socializing without tech (like smartphones) is a huge factor that has led to humans being more depressed, unhappy, more anxious, etc even though in our modern society we have everything at our fingertips and we "instantly" recieve what we desire.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hulksmash For This Useful Post:

automatondan (05-16-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,088 Times in 4,430 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight30weight View Post
    Shit man, I think what youre describing IS normal. I have a ton of good in my life, and I have the same issues. Isn’t that just life?
    doesn't have to be. We’ve had our conversations

Not the life I want anymore. The whole point is to enjoy it until the computer gets powered down
    Is that the point?

I’ve never been successful at achieving peace, gratitude and joy in life by pursuing pleasure/enjoyment as a primary goal.

For me True contentment and love of life is a byproduct of living a spiritual/mindful life.

I wouldn’t be looking at diet for your answer. I think you already know that though.

Unrestrained Moderation.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

automatondan (05-16-2019),silvereyes87 (05-15-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight30weight View Post
    If it can be easily done, why only done in temporary cycles? (This is a real question, I’m genuinely curious)
    Simple.

Humans always desire to belong in a group, like vegans. People who advocate the meat-only diet claim plants and grains lead to an unhealthy life and early death. Vegans do the same, but opposite claims.

Life is never black and white. It's grey. A healthy diet is a mix of food.

Continously eating only meat is as unhealthy as continuously eating plants/grain. No one will make me believe ANY ludicrous, black/white claims.

Thus, meat-only diet should be in cycles. I highly doubt staying on exclusive diets is the answer to a long, healthy life.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hulksmash For This Useful Post:

automatondan (05-16-2019),silvereyes87 (05-15-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,314 Times in 7,902 Posts
    I think you should evaluate your sources of information more critically gadawg. Most of what you are talking about sounds like pseudoscience off a mommy Facebook page.

A colon cleanse isn't gonna help your anxiety. I can't tell you what will, but for sure, it's not "gut health" whatever that means.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (05-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hulksmash View Post
    You need to live off-grid like I did. I understand most can't pack up and go live on a wolf sanctuary lol

You can set aside specific times to be off-grid as much as possible and spend that time socializing and doing activities you wish to do.

Loss of earned gratification and socializing without tech (like smartphones) is a huge factor that has led to humans being more depressed, unhappy, more anxious, etc even though in our modern society we have everything at our fingertips and we "instantly" recieve what we desire.
    I live like that way more than most. I spend about 50 nights a year at my cabin in the mtns and spend most all of those days way out in the woods. It does help but that's a necessity for me. I couldnt survive without it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gadawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    I think you should evaluate your sources of information more critically gadawg. Most of what you are talking about sounds like pseudoscience off a mommy Facebook page.

A colon cleanse isn't gonna help your anxiety. I can't tell you what will, but for sure, it's not "gut health" whatever that means.
    Seratonin levels are directly linked with inflammatory processes in the body. It's not pseudoscience.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    doesn't have to be. We’ve had our conversations

Is that the point?

I’ve never been successful at achieving peace, gratitude and joy in life by pursuing pleasure/enjoyment as a primary goal.

For me True contentment and love of life is a byproduct of living a spiritual/mindful life.

I wouldn’t be looking at diet for your answer. I think you already know that though.

Yes for sure, but our reality is directly linked to what our brains allow us to feel and, of course, the machine is only as efficient as what you feed it

Thanks
    Just ponder this for a second, because American Government's main loyalty is to big corporations and not the best interest of its citizens, every time you eat any products made of wheat or soy or corn (basically everything now including meat) you are taking a big ole bite of roundup. Imagine the total body implications of that. It's not just lymphoma that that causes.

When I read the studies linking aspartame to a myriad of health issues (depression being one of the biggest) I was disgusted.

All of these things have impacts, which is why Im experimenting with my diet to see what affects what.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,088 Times in 4,430 Posts
    Just ponder this for a second, because American Government's main loyalty is to big corporations and not the best interest of its citizens, every time you eat any products made of wheat or soy or corn (basically everything now including meat) you are taking a big ole bite of roundup. Imagine the total body implications of that. It's not just lymphoma that that causes.

When I read the studies linking aspartame to a myriad of health issues (depression being one of the biggest) I was disgusted.

All of these things have impacts, which is why Im experimenting with my diet to see what affects what.
    Agree.

Just look at “The Food Pyramid”. Anyone with half a brain can figure out who paid off the FDA.

And as diet experts we know the American public is being “fed” a load of bullshit.

I think what you you are doing is great. I’m just not sure it’s the cause of some of your unsettled feeling.

I’d be happy if it were and you could just solve the issue, however

Unrestrained Moderation.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

automatondan (05-16-2019),Gadawg (05-16-2019),Metalhead1 (05-16-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    I was a farmhamd, and spraying was one of my main jobs. Spraying=pesticides, herbicides, and insecticides.

Round-Up is nothing; it cant even kill pigweed no more.

I sprayed a mix of Round-Up, Gramoxone, and Atrazine. I had to tell others the ratios of the mix if they were gonna be spraying anything.

Ya'll now have a little insight into farming. Yes, ALL dietary recommendations exist to aid Big Agri, Dairy, and other farming bramches.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hulksmash For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Seratonin levels are directly linked with inflammatory processes in the body. It's not pseudoscience.
    It definitely is pseudoscience.

The entire American governments loyalty is not to big corporations. The American government isn't one thing. Congress? Sure they are addicted to money.

The evidence that round up is dangerous is dubious as ****. Court cases don't settle science and there is little evidence if any that the active ingredient in round up is making us sick.

Things like round up help contain food costs by making farming cheaper.

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (05-17-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Agree.

Just look at “The Food Pyramid”. Anyone with half a brain can figure out who paid off the FDA.

And as diet experts we know the American public is being “fed” a load of bullshit.

I think what you you are doing is great. I’m just not sure it’s the cause of some of your unsettled feeling.

I’d be happy if it were and you could just solve the issue, however
    FDA is an independent agency under HHS. USDA puts together the American dietary guidelines and it's a somewhat transparent process. Meaning you can see all of the documents coca cola and conagra et al send to them for consideration. And the pyramid is no longer in use. That's just FYI.

I agree with Jin gadawg, in that gaining significant control over your diet is awesome and you should do it. But you are going into this with the idea that this truly is the root of depression for you. Aspartame isn't causing your depression bro. You simply have a void in your life that needs filling. And I don't mean the kind of void that FD wants to fill.

Just my .02 but it's cause I give a shit and think you should give this more critical thought.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

automatondan (05-16-2019),BRICKS (05-17-2019),CJ275 (05-16-2019),Jin (05-16-2019),Metalhead1 (05-16-2019)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast