Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    I have dealt with depression and anxiety all my life, at different times, and different levels of both. I can tell you that if you've ever truly been affected by it then you'll know it's real.

Over the past 8 months I've basically had to quit a job that most would kill for and admit myself into an intensive outpatient program for about 6 months.

I can tell you that if you are genetically predisposed to it there's no diet in the world that can single handedly cure it. It does help, as I am healthier than about 95% of the people my age as far as diet and exercise. True recovery is a multi faceted approach. There is no one thing that can cure it. As far as not wanting to just cope with it and be fully cured, if it's truly in your DNA then managing it and learning to live with and make peace with it is about the best thing you can do.

There is no doubt inflammation plays a role in it but there is so much more involved. In my case, stress levels and not dealing with the problems or dealing with them in the wrong way were the cause of this worst episode I've ever dealt with. I've been thru low points "depressions" at different times in life but never anything like this. It has been a different animal. It hurt so bad all I wanted to do was die and even kill myself. The pain and anxiety was that unbearable/unending for months at a time. Diet ultimately had zero to do with it. I ran through serious trauma and problems for decades not dealing with them thinking they'd go away. It eventually caught up in the worst way.

So if you're truly affected by it genetically, externally or both, learn everything you can to help manage it...including diet

Thanks
    I have dealt with depression and anxiety all my life, at different times, and different levels of both. I can tell you that if you've ever truly been affected by it then you'll know it's real.

Over the past 8 months I've basically had to quit a job that most would kill for and admit myself into an intensive outpatient program for about 6 months.

I can tell you that if you are genetically predisposed to it there's no diet in the world that can single handedly cure it. It does help, as I am healthier than about 95% of the people my age as far as diet and exercise. True recovery is a multi faceted approach. There is no one thing that can cure it. As far as not wanting to just cope with it and be fully cured, if it's truly in your DNA then managing it and learning to live with and make peace with it is about the best thing you can do.

There is no doubt inflammation plays a role in it but there is so much more involved. In my case, stress levels and not dealing with the problems or dealing with them in the wrong way were the cause of this worst episode I've ever dealt with. I've been thru low points "depressions" at different times in life but never anything like this. It has been a different animal. It hurt so bad all I wanted to do was die and even kill myself. The pain and anxiety was that unbearable/unending for months at a time. Diet ultimately had zero to do with it. I ran through serious trauma and problems for decades not dealing with them thinking they'd go away. It eventually caught up in the worst way.

So if you're truly affected by it genetically, externally or both, learn everything you can to help manage it...including diet

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tx045 For This Useful Post:

CJ275 (06-11-2019),Jin (06-10-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,199 Times in 4,117 Posts
    Damn dude. Sorry to hear that.

Make It A Great Day

Thanks
    Thats rough man....hope you work through it and find peace.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345