Diet changes to reduce inflammation....

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Just ponder this for a second, because American Government's main loyalty is to big corporations and not the best interest of its citizens, every time you eat any products made of wheat or soy or corn (basically everything now including meat) you are taking a big ole bite of roundup. Imagine the total body implications of that. It's not just lymphoma that that causes.

When I read the studies linking aspartame to a myriad of health issues (depression being one of the biggest) I was disgusted.

All of these things have impacts, which is why Im experimenting with my diet to see what affects what.

Agree.

Just look at “The Food Pyramid”. Anyone with half a brain can figure out who paid off the FDA.

And as diet experts we know the American public is being “fed” a load of bullshit.

I think what you you are doing is great. I’m just not sure it’s the cause of some of your unsettled feeling.

I’d be happy if it were and you could just solve the issue, however;)

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was a farmhamd, and spraying was one of my main jobs. Spraying=pesticides, herbicides, and insecticides.

Round-Up is nothing; it cant even kill pigweed no more.

I sprayed a mix of Round-Up, Gramoxone, and Atrazine. I had to tell others the ratios of the mix if they were gonna be spraying anything.

Ya'll now have a little insight into farming. Yes, ALL dietary recommendations exist to aid Big Agri, Dairy, and other farming bramches.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Seratonin levels are directly linked with inflammatory processes in the body. It's not pseudoscience.

It definitely is pseudoscience.

Just ponder this for a second, because American Government's main loyalty is to big corporations and not the best interest of its citizens, every time you eat any products made of wheat or soy or corn (basically everything now including meat) you are taking a big ole bite of roundup. Imagine the total body implications of that. It's not just lymphoma that that causes.

When I read the studies linking aspartame to a myriad of health issues (depression being one of the biggest) I was disgusted.

All of these things have impacts, which is why Im experimenting with my diet to see what affects what.

The entire American governments loyalty is not to big corporations. The American government isn't one thing. Congress? Sure they are addicted to money.

The evidence that round up is dangerous is dubious as ****. Court cases don't settle science and there is little evidence if any that the active ingredient in round up is making us sick.

Things like round up help contain food costs by making farming cheaper.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Agree.

Just look at “The Food Pyramid”. Anyone with half a brain can figure out who paid off the FDA.

And as diet experts we know the American public is being “fed” a load of bullshit.

I think what you you are doing is great. I’m just not sure it’s the cause of some of your unsettled feeling.

I’d be happy if it were and you could just solve the issue, however;)

FDA is an independent agency under HHS. USDA puts together the American dietary guidelines and it's a somewhat transparent process. Meaning you can see all of the documents coca cola and conagra et al send to them for consideration. And the pyramid is no longer in use. That's just FYI.

I agree with Jin gadawg, in that gaining significant control over your diet is awesome and you should do it. But you are going into this with the idea that this truly is the root of depression for you. Aspartame isn't causing your depression bro. You simply have a void in your life that needs filling. And I don't mean the kind of void that FD wants to fill.

Just my .02 but it's cause I give a shit and think you should give this more critical thought.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Im positive there is something physiological. Depression/anxiety runs in a straight genetic line down my dad's side. These are people in all walks of life, some with deep rooted religious beliefs, etc. Something in the way we eat or live influences genetic predispositions and that's what I aim to find. I think it's kind of crazy that you guys are doubting that diet affects mental processes and hormone levels. Im not sure where that comes from but it's a strange argument that's being made. Humans havent evolved in any real way for 40k years. Our bodies and minds were not meant for this world and the food we eat is a load of foreign shit.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Nobody is doubting diet affects mental processes and hormone levels. That’s scientific fact.

I am 100% for you eating the best diet possible for your genetic predispositions.

And I’ve already stated that I hope it fixes your issues.

I have a different opinion on the cause of your discomfort that I believe is valid.

I hope you prove me wrong. It’d be an easier fix.

This isnt about my theory vs your theory. This is about POB and I caring for you in the way we feel is most loving and genuine from our specific life experiences.

Good luck;)

Last edited:

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Gadawg, I am a sponge when it comes to the information that you're getting but you have to learn where the slant is and what will really work. The only way to know something is going to do the job is to try it. Assuming something is within reason, anyone that says something is BS without giving it a shot has not completed the process. Seriously, where's the harm in modifying your diet slightly.

When it comes to some long term illnesses that may be triggered by diet, my jury is still out. The bottom line is we were not designed to last forever.

You mentioned some struggles with depression and anxiety. Everyone is different with these things but I will tell you I had some struggles with feeling depressed. I never sought professional help so I can't say it was actually a medical condition but I know how I felt.

Here's what I leaned on my own and this is my personal perspective and only related to me. From a young age, I was told if you do the right thing, you will be rewarded. I followed the rules, did all the right things and waited for all these good things to happen to the perfect life I naively thought I was going to get.

Then reality hit me. Life is not far, bad things happen to good people and not all of your invested efforts pay off. I still struggle with my expectations but have learned that some things are out of my control. I'm just going to play the cards the Good Lord dealt me.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Here's what I leaned on my own and this is my personal perspective and only related to me. From a young age, I was told if you do the right thing, you will be rewarded. I followed the rules, did all the right things and waited for all these good things to happen to the perfect life I naively thought I was going to get.

Man, this so much - went through pretty much the same realizations/messages growing up. Family was super religious so my perspective was if you follow XYZ rules you'll be a good person, good things will happen, etc...then none of that shit panned out and had to learn that shit happens randomly, sometimes with no amount of control you can have over it.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Nobody is doubting diet affects mental processes and hormone levels. That’s scientific fact.

I am 100% for you eating the best diet possible for your genetic predispositions.

And I’ve already stated that I hope it fixes your issues.

I have a different opinion on the cause of your discomfort that I believe is valid.

I hope you prove me wrong. It’d be an easier fix.

This isnt about my theory vs your theory. This is about POB and I caring for you in the way we feel is most loving and genuine from our specific life experiences.

Good luck;)

I dont know that it's any one thing but Im approaching it from every angle as I do not believe this is natural or normal. I practice the things you speak of consistently also. Hell, statistically the most successful treatment for depression by far is cardio. But I cant do any more of that. Lol

Reactions: Jin

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Gadawg, I am a sponge when it comes to the information that you're getting but you have to learn where the slant is and what will really work. The only way to know something is going to do the job is to try it. Assuming something is within reason, anyone that says something is BS without giving it a shot has not completed the process. Seriously, where's the harm in modifying your diet slightly.

When it comes to some long term illnesses that may be triggered by diet, my jury is still out. The bottom line is we were not designed to last forever.

You mentioned some struggles with depression and anxiety. Everyone is different with these things but I will tell you I had some struggles with feeling depressed. I never sought professional help so I can't say it was actually a medical condition but I know how I felt.

Then reality hit me. Life is not far, bad things happen to good people and not all of your invested efforts pay off. I still struggle with my expectations but have learned that some things are out of my control. I'm just going to play the cards the Good Lord dealt me.

Appreciate your input as well Snake!

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Honestly, all you make the same error that everyone makes:

Ignoring the overabundance of chemicals.

Your skillet? Enjoy eating micro-flakes of teflon (non stick component), which was proven to be deletrious to health in court cases.

Your AAS? Enjoy all those heavy metals which is impossible to avoid because of the source is China.

Your water? Better use heavy duty filters for even bottled water.

Your food? Impossible to avoid all of the chemicals or even know what chemicals you ingest.

Sadly, only 1 thing can be done: pray that you have the genetics to live a long time.

Genes are the alpha and omega to a long life; people that live past 100 or 110 years never eat any special diets or do any special amount of exercise.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Man, this so much - went through pretty much the same realizations/messages growing up. Family was super religious so my perspective was if you follow XYZ rules you'll be a good person, good things will happen, etc...then none of that shit panned out and had to learn that shit happens randomly, sometimes with no amount of control you can have over it.

Yeah a lot of it seems to be set up by religion. My family was always the good church going kinda people and we still are but damn, can they be a little more realistic about life?

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah a lot of it seems to be set up by religion. My family was always the good church going kinda people and we still are but damn, can they be a little more realistic about life?

With your family, I believe it's necessary to do what I did. What I did was..wait, first the setup: The catalyst was become aware of existential philosophy at 16 and learning every detail of existentialism.

I want to know about everything that exists in reality. Knowing "everything" includes knowing every single detail about every single thing. I am aware I have a limit to have much knowledge I can hold. I am addicted to power; ergo I am an addict for knowledge.

I was raised in a quasi-strict Christian household. At 16, upon completely learning all details of existentialism, I became an atheist. My purpose was to destroy all aspects of religion, using logic, paradoxes, and science. A few years later, I learned every detail of operant and classical conditioning.

I realized my parents and others are nothing but a product of conditioning since leaving the womb. You stated "..can they be more realistic about life", and that answer is no. Your family, like all other people, are nothing more than a conditioned response to stimuli in the form of Homo Sapien body.

I became a Christian again, too. Why? I realized that I can believe something that defies logic and it not be a problem. I also chose to consider some events as "evidence" for the existence of Judeo-Christian God. I admit the "evidence" is also illogical, possibly easily explained, and are paradoxes.

Existentialism caused an enlightening, fun journey that has yet to end.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I also admit the true reality that humans are only conditioned responses to stimuli in a body contradicts "free will".

It's a paradox that I've chosen to simply ignore. As aforementioned, I choose to hold my religious beliefs, regardless of their lack of logic.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Damn, didn't want this get all religious, just pointing out my upbringing that formed my expectations.

I do find that it's okay to expect more from myself and less from others; it helps me cope with the ultimate letdown. I give more then I receive and I'm just fine with that.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im positive there is something physiological. Depression/anxiety runs in a straight genetic line down my dad's side. These are people in all walks of life, some with deep rooted religious beliefs, etc. Something in the way we eat or live influences genetic predispositions and that's what I aim to find. I think it's kind of crazy that you guys are doubting that diet affects mental processes and hormone levels. Im not sure where that comes from but it's a strange argument that's being made. Humans havent evolved in any real way for 40k years. Our bodies and minds were not meant for this world and the food we eat is a load of foreign shit.

I think it's strange that you say it's genetic but say it's also food in the same paragraph.

Again

Go ahead and tidy up the diet. Maybe you will look or feel better.

But it won't overcome learned behavior, trauma informed conditions, spiritual voids, chemical imbalances etc...

You mentioned cardio as a treatment for depression earlier and even that is not quite right. Treatment? Sure. Cure? **** no.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
When I limit my daily intake of trenbologny sandwiches, it seems to help my sense of well-being and reduce my anxiety. But they are delicious.

New Threads