Are AI’s really safe?

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
Hi fellow members

I came across a really interesting video recently and basically to summarise; Jay Campbell talks about how damaging AI’s like Arimidex are to the body and especially the brain.

I just wanted to spark a discussion really and hear more opinions from you guys?

Personally ive always used arimidex when on gear but on time I dosed very high at like 1mg a day, sometimes 2mg on days and my estrogen crashed and I felt terrible also mentally too. I now use 0.5mg x3 times a week. But I was thinking of removing it altogether.

Anyway the video is here for reference;
https://youtu.be/99BvWJczFX4

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
I have heard they are bad on the heart... but bodybuilders use fairly low dosages compared to what a person that would take them for other reasons would I'm not sure it has any real effect negatively.... sometimes it's a necessary evil

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
how much test were u running when u took 2mg/day?!?!? I would imagine it'd have to be Dallas Mcarver amounts to need that much.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Take the minimal amount needed to keep your e2 in range. e2 gets too high you feel like garbage, crash your e2 you feel like garbage.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
imo, the AAS game is narcissism pure and simple. We sacrifice to look a certain way. Those sacrifices come in the form of food restrictions, injury, time away from friends and family to train, overall health, ect.

Abusing AAS for bodybuilding purposes will do nothing to extend your life and will very likely shorten it, that's a decision we need to accept before ever sticking a pin.

The side effects of an AI will largely be seen as inconsequential to those already dedicated to chasing a certain physique.

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
how much test were u running when u took 2mg/day?!?!? I would imagine it'd have to be Dallas Mcarver amounts to need that much.

I think I was on 800mg Test but the reason I had teken the 2mg on a few occassions was because prior to that I had let slight gyno develop and my thinking was basically to blast arimidex to get rid of it but then I realised how powerful adex is.

Im getting a blood test this week, just for reference can anyone tell me whats the ideal/optimal e2 levels for a male?

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
I think I was on 800mg Test but the reason I had teken the 2mg on a few occassions was because prior to that I had let slight gyno develop and my thinking was basically to blast arimidex to get rid of it but then I realised how powerful adex is.

Im getting a blood test this week, just for reference can anyone tell me whats the ideal/optimal e2 levels for a male?
No one here can tell you what YOUR optimal level is.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok well can anyone tell me what is considered the normal range?

There is no normal range for someone who is jewcing. Not your test is out of reference, then don't expect e2 to be "normal' unless using an AI. Use the reference range on the blood test you use to determine normal.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Just from what Ive read, I wouldnt want to use an AI on a trt dose (for life)

Nor should you. TRT puts you into a natural test range, you don't see men with normal test ranges taking AI. A healthy body self-regulates within reason.

e2 is important for regulating certain body functions for men. e2 really only starts to get out of control if we're experiencing significantly elevated levels of test which doesn't normally happen in healthy individuals.

Last edited:

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Nor should you. TRT puts you into a natural test range, you don't see men with normal test ranges taking AI. A healthy body self-regulates within reason.

e2 is important for regulating certain body functions for men. e2 really only starts to get out of control if we're experiencing significantly elevated levels of test which doesn't normally happen in healthy individuals.

That's true but I believe there is some evidence that exogenous test aromatizes at a higher rate? That was my understanding anyway and could be incorrect.

Either way, 200mg for me is perfect with no AI. E2 around 25

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
Im so glad i've stumbled across this information at this stage rather than 10 years down the line. I've been using Arimidex pretty much non stop for 2 years and delighted to say I'll not be using it again, unless in very small doses for short periods of times if absolutely necessary.

I plan on not using any AI's when cruising TRT low doses,
however as I prefer staying away from anabolics. I've tried most of them and personally I find I cant tolerate the majority of them. EQ too much appetite, Deca causes ED, and Tren just has a bunch of sides. I prefer the idea of just high dose Testosterone to grow and im going to try using Masteron for the prolacin and estrogen lowering beneifts that users report.
Also I understand it frees up SHBG in the body which would further utilize my Testosterone dosage.

Either way there's other methods I'm going to utilize to minimize estrogen conversion like pinning smaller amounts but more regularly. Also getting my body fat down a few more points. Im going to look into natural supplements and foods that will also help.

I find it odd that theres not more negative media online about AI's, (if what Ive read and researched recently is really the case with them)

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
That's true but I believe there is some evidence that exogenous test aromatizes at a higher rate?

To my knowledge, body fat % has the most significant impact on aromatization.
More fat, more e2 conversion.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
AI'S are defense against prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and other male cancers.

DHT is correlative to disease-estrogens are the cause of male diseases.

AI is a readily available weapon against the war on the male body.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge, body fat % has the most significant impact on aromatization.
More fat, more e2 conversion.

I wanted to add that I believe no one gives enough attention to estrogens versus estradiol (e2).

Also, so many people don't realize estrogen is a group of more than estradiol.

I believe, through research, we should cautiously watch our levels of estradiol AND other estrogens. For health.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
I'm late to the party, not sure there is still any interest in what Labcorp calls "reference range" for e2, but fwiw ........ 8.0 - 35.0

I think I have a hazy memory of noticing different Labs define different ranges sometimes, but I was probably comparing the Testosterone ranges in my unreliable memory.
For reference on that point, Labcorp calls it at 264 - 916 for Total Test, Free Test at 5.00 - 21.00

El Gringo

Reaction score
I wanted to add that I believe no one gives enough attention to estrogens versus estradiol (e2).

Also, so many people don't realize estrogen is a group of more than estradiol.

I believe, through research, we should cautiously watch our levels of estradiol AND other estrogens. For health.

exactly. everyone just goes by E2 because their privatemdlabs blood tests only show estradiol and not total estrogen. If you get your total estrogen tested you may find that your E2 is normal, but your total estrogen is higher than a high school girl going through her period.
I bet 95 percent of steroid users on the internet dont realize this.

New Threads