Reaction score
Those hoist machine that like rock when you lift
there’s a whole new row of them at my gym and they are so dumb

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score

I don’t even consider them workout equipment. Have you tried the curl piece that moves the seat up and down as you curl ?

Last edited:

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score

Silent long enough. Have you ever used any of that "stupid" stuff? I have a Hoist dual action leg press. Put that seat as close to the foot plate as you can and put some real weight on there and do some reps. Dead serious,if you are ever in my neck of the woods PM me. We'll train legs on it. I'll bet you a steak dinner and a case of beer (or a bottle of Scotch, your choice) that I can make you puke or cry (again, your choice)
View attachment 7852

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Silent long enough. Have you ever used any of that "stupid" stuff? I have a Hoist dual action leg press. Put that seat as close to the foot plate as you can and put some real weight on there and do some reps. Dead serious,if you are ever in my neck of the woods PM me. We'll train legs on it. I'll bet you a steak dinner and a case of beer (or a bottle of Scotch, your choice) that I can make you puke or cry (again, your choice)
View attachment 7852

this doesn’t look bad
I just don’t get why the arm and lat pulldown and chest presses need to rock what is the point of it all?

edit: bad as in shitty equipment
it looks like it would be a good one

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I do the even consider them workout equipment. Have you tried the curl piece that moves the seat up and down as you curl ?

Ya I don’t get it
I feel stupid when I do them. At my gym it’s the designated grandma section cause nobody uses them so all the old ladies hop on them

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
View attachment 7852

You’re going to make me re-evaluate my opinion now... I’ve never seen a leg piece by them. I’ll see if I can find one.

Reaction score
View attachment 7852
i wanna go puke with bricks

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
this doesn’t look bad
I just don’t get why the arm and lat pulldown and chest presses need to rock what is the point of it all?

edit: bad as in shitty equipment
it looks like it would be a good one

I am in the same boat. I will be first in line to use that leg press, but am confused as to what their theory is behind the moving seats on everything. Bricks, do you have any insight?

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I will be first in line to use that leg press, but am confused as to what their theory is behind the moving seats on everything. Bricks, do you have any insight?

You move not only the weight you load on the machine but also your body weight (plus sled, minus for mechanics of the equipment I guess). I can speak to the other equipment, but I've never used a leg machine that work them as well as this one. I'm guessing that because of the incorporation of body weight like this they have produced a piece of equipment that has a wider target demographic of user. You can use just body weight to well over a thousand pounds on that leg press. Huge horns and its built to handle it.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Saw a standing lateral machine.... not cables, an actual machine. Apparently standing laterals with dumbbells is too complicated.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Saw a standing lateral machine.... not cables, an actual machine. Apparently standing laterals with dumbbells is too complicated.
the standing side lateral raise? only seen those in videos, actually always wanted to try one of those. Necessary? No, but would be something cool to switch up with every now and again.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
the standing side lateral raise? only seen those in videos, actually always wanted to try one of those. Necessary? No, but would be something cool to switch up with every now and again.

This thing. I played with the one they have at my gym. Felt awkward as he11 and I am not sure what the benefit is supposed to be. At least with the seated lateral machines you can make the argument that weight is better positioned by being on your elbows.

If you ever get the chance to try it, let me know. I would be curious to see if your experience is the same as mine.

4788df9d203f3ff06cc471c94a3d1d71.jpg

New Threads