New Prescription

Reaction score
My blood work just came back and I have low test levels. My Dr. prescribed me test and I am getting my first dosage today. Are there any immediate side effects I should be worried about? I'm 38, pretty damn healthy but have noticed a significant drop in energy over the last 5 years.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
My blood work just came back and I have low test levels. My Dr. prescribed me test and I am getting my first dosage today. Are there any immediate side effects I should be worried about? I'm 38, pretty damn healthy but have noticed a significant drop in energy over the last 5 years.

awesomeness

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Little soreness at the injection site is about it.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
What's your dose, and how often?

juuced

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you may get some acne at first depending on how high your dose is. In my experience I got mild acne that stayed with me for the first 2 years of TRT. After that I think my body got used to it and the acne went away for good.

Reaction score
200 mg every 4 weeks for three months then checking levels again

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

I’ve seen some pretty bad protocols. This is up there with the worst.

What kind of doctor? Urologist?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Jesus. You do not want to be on that dose. Most of us take that every week. And that dose weekly only gets me to high average levels

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

Even if that's a blend of esters, it's so little. I don't understand why Dr's can't start guys off at a reasonable dose. Even if it's only 100mg/week. What are they afraid of?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Even if that's a blend of esters, it's so little. I don't understand why Dr's can't start guys off at a reasonable dose. Even if it's only 100mg/week. What are they afraid of?

Because hormones are dangerous.

Benzodiazepines and opiates aren’t.

This is must be the common logic.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I’ve seen some pretty bad protocols. This is up there with the worst.

What kind of doctor? Urologist?

I totally agree. Even 260 mg of Enanthate every other week sucked.

As for your answer to "what kind of doctor" I was going to be a smart@$$ and say female. While there is one decent one local to me, she is about to retire and all the other female TRT locals are BAD, VERY BAD! The PA who allowed me to get all screwed up was a female and she joined another all female anti-aging clinic...

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Because hormones are dangerous.

Benzodiazepines and opiates aren’t.

This is must be the common logic.

Sheesh, my GP would rather see me on SSRIs instead of TRT. I'm not even making this up. :(

Reaction score
I totally agree. Even 260 mg of Enanthate every other week sucked.

As for your answer to "what kind of doctor" I was going to be a smart@$$ and say female. While there is one decent one local to me, she is about to retire and all the other female TRT locals are BAD, VERY BAD! The PA who allowed me to get all screwed up was a female and she joined another all female anti-aging clinic...
I fired my female doctor. She was insanely clueless. I spoke with another, I told her that prior to going on trt my total test was 405 and free was almost nothing. She said that was high....

Reaction score
He’s my primary care physician. Maybe he will up the dosage after this trial run.

Reaction score
Why would I feel like garbage?
Because you’re basically not gonna have any test. 200mg is about (give or take) what guys take weekly. You’re going to be on a rollercoaster ride. A typical protocol is 200mg/week, split into 2 doses to stay consistent.

Reaction score
Gotcha......so I should stay on my supps? I take Ape both the regular and night one.

New Threads