Peaks and valleys

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
This is a spin-off of the Tren A thread I posted and about half life. For the most part, Tren A is pinned eod and Tren E 2x/wk. I'm sure someone does it differently but go with it for argument sake. Tren A- 2 day half life; Tren E-7 day.

I get the idea of not letting the Tren completely clear, and on TRT the idea of more stable levels seems even more important. But here's my question; Why is this so important with oils but not with orals? Dbol half life is 6 hr and Var about 9 hr. I don't know anyone who is taking any dose of Dbol 4x/day. I do think most guys like to take their orals right before a workout to expose the AAS to their training and start of recovery.

Honest question and looking for some insight.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is the wild west snake everyone is gonna do it how they like..My best results with dbol and var was actually taking it according to its half life..

Gabriel

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ester half-life stays the same reguardless of compound,,right ??? Test-E and Tren-E half-life is the same,?? But about orals,Snake I would agree,,no one I know takes Dbol 4x a day....I would fair to say most if taking 50mgs of Dbol take 1 or 2 doses a day...Now the Pro's I would say yes......

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ester half-life stays the same reguardless of compound,,right ??? Test-E and Tren-E half-life is the same,?? But about orals,Snake I would agree,,no one I know takes Dbol 4x a day....I would fair to say most if taking 50mgs of Dbol take 1 or 2 doses a day...Now the Pro's I would say yes......

No. Depends on the drug too. Ballpark Test E is 10 days and Tren E about 7.

Yeah for stable levels of Dbol you'd be splitting that up 12 mg 4x/day. I'm not sure if that's productive but this is why I'm asking.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
ate a couple anabol every few hours & worked very well back when those were all the rage.

used to see the pink cubes randomly on the ground at worlds gym

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
on TRT the idea of more stable levels seems even more important.

Theres an assumption being made there without any facts. It’s commonly stated but I’ve never seen a scientific reason why stable levels make a difference. (Besides acne) Natural test levels can drop 300ng/dl between 9:00am and 3:00pm. Natural hormone levels are far from stable.

I would suspect what matters more is the peak levels aligning with your training schedule so you have higher blood concentrations when your muscle cells need it most. I’d imagine this is post workout and through the recovery period. Again, complete speculation but you made a good point with the oral half life’s.

also, ester times are highly dependent on how individual bodies process them. What we consider a stable pinning timetable is most likely stable in the “average” person and peak/valley in a lot of outliers.

My conclusion: it’s not important minus acne and AI control

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Theres an assumption being made there without any facts. It’s commonly stated but I’ve never seen a scientific reason why stable levels make a difference. (Besides acne) Natural test levels can drop 300ng/dl between 9:00am and 3:00pm. Natural hormone levels are far from stable.

As for stable levels with TRT, I wasn't talking about an hour to hour snap shot but between injections. Do blood work on Mon. at 9:00 in the morning and the next day at the same time and you have what I meant by stable levels. TRT is not the same animal as cycling and I probably shouldn't have use it in the same sentence because someone may not understand that. TRT is about treating symptoms and the symptom for someone who needs TRT is found in the valley. If you get the valley up, regardless of the daily fluctuation and the symptoms are all but removed, you have all the data you need.

As for any scientific data on any AAS used that is considerably above the recommended dose; good luck finding that information.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
As for stable levels with TRT, I wasn't talking about an hour to hour snap shot but between injections. Do blood work on Mon. at 9:00 in the morning and the next day at the same time and you have what I meant by stable levels. TRT is not the same animal as cycling and I probably shouldn't have use it in the same sentence because someone may not understand that. TRT is about treating symptoms and the symptom for someone who needs TRT is found in the valley. If you get the valley up, regardless of the daily fluctuation and the symptoms are all but removed, you have all the data you need.

As for any scientific data on any AAS used that is considerably above the recommended dose; good luck finding that information.

I like they way you phrased the part about getting the valley up. That’s definitely the bottom line for me.

Also, I realized the tone of my comment wasn’t what I was intending. Didn’t mean to say *you* we’re making the claim without any facts. I meant it as we all talk about stable levels but none of us have any facts about it. It’s something a lot of us take for granted because it’s what we always hear. Sorry for the poor wording.

Reactions: Jin

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
From what I have seen in my own minor obsession and researching about the pros of the old days, they did take their orals 4-5 times a day. I'm sure it varied from guy to guy as did what AAS were available, but they seemed to be taking it all day, multiple times a day. Granted, most of those orals were a lot weaker dosages and they didn't have the luxury we do with 50 mg doses.

In my very limited experience with orals, I've found I like to take a smaller dose when I wake up, then one a couple hours before training, and then again a small dose a couple hours after lifting when I'm feeding. Seems to work really well. But honestly, I recently decided im switching to injectable versions with slin pins. Far less taxing on the liver and stomach, and more efficient usage of the compound.

Reaction score
I am currently running var, and like auto said, I also spread my doses throughout the day. I use liquid var, so I dose with a syringe and fill the day's dose at the beginning of the day, and use about a third first thing in the morning, a third right before and after training... It is kind of a pita when ramping up to the full dose, but I am of the impression that is the way to keep consistent levels...which may not even be important for orals haha.

JJ

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
This is a spin-off of the Tren A thread I posted and about half life. For the most part, Tren A is pinned eod and Tren E 2x/wk. I'm sure someone does it differently but go with it for argument sake. Tren A- 2 day half life; Tren E-7 day.

I get the idea of not letting the Tren completely clear, and on TRT the idea of more stable levels seems even more important. But here's my question; Why is this so important with oils but not with orals? Dbol half life is 6 hr and Var about 9 hr. I don't know anyone who is taking any dose of Dbol 4x/day. I do think most guys like to take their orals right before a workout to expose the AAS to their training and start of recovery.

Honest question and looking for some insight.

I was just thinking this the other day because I’m on a little 4 week var blast. I was thinking how in the middle of the night the var levels have just about dropped to a very small amount. But you never hear anybody waking up in the middle of the night to pop a DBOL lol

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
ate a couple anabol every few hours & worked very well back when those were all the rage.

used to see the pink cubes randomly on the ground at worlds gym

did you pick them up and take em?

New Threads