Insight on Choleserol Levels

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Here's some insight regarding cholesterol that I came across today.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
There is mounting evidence now that HDL, "good" cholesterol, does absolutely nothing to prevent or cause heart disease also.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My cholesterol is usually a constant 277 total w 177 being ldl and hdl between 40-60 this past test, havent tested in 1 year total cholesterol was 249, ldl of 177 and hdl of 53, eating nothing but what ever ive wanted to except a few month here and there, doc wants me on a statin, i said no give me 6 months, but whats weird is it went high circa 2006 and never had an issue before that, need to get an nmr profile done and hopefully my cholesterol is floating and cloudy and not dense

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
My cholesterol is usually a constant 277 total w 177 being ldl and hdl between 40-60 this past test, havent tested in 1 year total cholesterol was 249, ldl of 177 and hdl of 53, eating nothing but what ever ive wanted to except a few month here and there, doc wants me on a statin, i said no give me 6 months, but whats weird is it went high circa 2006 and never had an issue before that, need to get an nmr profile done and hopefully my cholesterol is floating and cloudy and not dense

That's an interesting situation.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Hey guys, have I violated any rules in posting this thread?

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
My GP always complains about my low HDL and high LDL even though my total cholesterol is usually 180. First he tried to blame my TRT protocol, despite the fact that my HDL and LDL were bad YEARS before I ever started TRT. I tried diet in addition to adding way more cardio to my exercise routine only to end up with WORSE HDL than before.

He finally concluded that it is genetic. He also didn't like a question that I asked him... I asked how many people who suffer from heart attacks and strokes have healthy cholesterol levels? Oddly, he said I can't rely on that study, yet he relies on a study that says not to rely on it which touted that those on TRT had higher incidents of stroke and prostate cancer. I hate evangelical doctors who pick and choose what they want to believe then harp on it like it is the end all, be all.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score

It's all pretty insane to me how ignorant most doctors are. By pure statistics, statins have not ever been proven to prevent heart attacks in people who dont already have heart disease and they have been proven to shorten lives of otherwise healthy people. Big Pharma pays the bills though so......

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Grizz if you ever post an article by this quack piece of shit Mercola again I will kidnap and torture your whole family.

Or maybe I will just make fun of you for posting things by a phony bastard. Yeah that's probably easier.

But for real this guy is not a credible source.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How dare you Grizz! We all know that big pharma would never make up shit to sell us drugs! :32 (18):

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Grizz if you ever post an article by this quack piece of shit Mercola again I will kidnap and torture your whole family.

Or maybe I will just make fun of you for posting things by a phony bastard. Yeah that's probably easier.

But for real this guy is not a credible source.

Duly noted.

ripper

Reaction score

Do you recall what your numbers were prior to 2006? If i remember correctly it was early-mid 2000's when they changed the windows on cholesterol numbers which shifted a lot of people that were "normal" into the "high" category.

For cholesterol numbers, I was amazed at what supplementing with higher dose inj polyenylphosphatidylcholine did for me.

TheSpectre

Reaction score
Calcification of the arteries is the true enemy. Check out Vitamin K-2 and the Rotterdam Study on K-2. You'll be shocked.

New Threads