Clenbuterol and false positives on drug test?

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Quick question, can clenbuterol cause you to fail a standard drug test (not a sports related drug test)?

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Moved to correct forum.

Also, I'm not sure. depends on what they are testing for.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Oops that's my bad, and I guess I should of added some context, I heard that clenbuterol can cause false positives for amphetamine.... I couldnt seem to find any proof to back this up and was hopeing someone had some insight. I take frequent drug test ( your basic 11 panel for illicit narcotics and such) and didnt want it to pose a problem.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Oops that's my bad, and I guess I should of added some context, I heard that clenbuterol can cause false positives for amphetamine.... I couldnt seem to find any proof to back this up and was hopeing someone had some insight. I take frequent drug test ( your basic 11 panel for illicit narcotics and such) and didnt want it to pose a problem.

take it then get a home testing kit if you’re dead set on taking clen.

Or just dont take clen! ECA is the preferred stimulant method around here.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1) I agree. Of all thermogenics, I think clen is one of the poorer ones.
2) Don't know if it would pop on a drug screen, but honestly wouldn't take the risk if there is even the slightest of doubt.
3) If you're getting it from a RC chemical company anything goes. No guarantee that what the label says is what the bottle contains.

New Threads