Anyone try the new Reign 'performance energy drink'?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Some sales bloke dropped a couple of cases of Reign 'performance energy drinks' off at one of the gyms I train at, asked us to try it and let him know what we thought about it. Apparently it's Monster's competing product against Bang energy drinks.

I grabbed a can of their lemon and raspberry flavors and tossed 'em in me gym bag to chill at home. Had one yesterday morning before legs.

They list C0Q10, BCAAs and vitamins B6, B12 and B3 in their ingredients - I couldn't find any details about the BCAAs or the COQ10 but the BCAAs are the usual suspects (leucine, isoleucine, valine...) just couldn't find any quantities.

I'm not a huge stim guy, but I have to say I actually liked this one (had the lemon flavored drink). Bit heavy on the caffeine (300mg) and so I drank half on me way to the gym and sipped the other half during my workout. Good focus, didn't feel jittery and no discernable crash afterwards.

Not sure I'd buy it unless I was planning to stop for gas on me way to the gym, but it didn't taste bad and I was dialed-in for nearly 2 hours during a heavy leg workout & so I'd give it a thumbs-up for taste and experience.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of energy drinks, the smell of them makes me want to puke, but if i had to chose one it would be the one that Thor is sponsored by of course ;)

I just remembered this NS&P video about Bang suing Monster Reign, starts @ 4:05

Last edited:

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I’ll have to give it a shot. Like you, I’m not a huge fan of big stomach but they sure beat a monster.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve had it a few times(2 for $4 at 7/11) and looked into it. Monster made it to compete with Bang. I’ve had both and Bang kinda made me feel shitty, with Reign I had a pretty good work out. Reign might just be the better product as far as a side by side. Bang says it has “super creatine” because it’s water soluable but the amount of creatine it actually contains is practically nothing and that’s the only real difference between the two. I’ll continue to grab a couple every once in a while if I need the pick me up before a work out but still prefer powdered pre work outs...

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I’m assuming all the creatine, vitamins and bcaas are at such a low level we aren’t buying it for that.

For me it’s the zero calories and caffeine. The extras are just a good excuse.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’m assuming all the creatine, vitamins and bcaas are at such a low level we aren’t buying it for that.

For me it’s the zero calories and caffeine. The extras are just a good excuse.

The "super creatine" isn't creatine at all. It's something they patented under the name "super creatine" in order to make people think it's creatine. Hence the lawsuits.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I tried the lemon one and tasted pretty good. I drink one every so often when I get to work to wake me up a little. They’re definitely better than bang.

Didnt someone run tests on the bang drinks and found it had none of the listed ingredients in it? Coulda swore I read that somewhere.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I tried the lemon one and tasted pretty good. I drink one every so often when I get to work to wake me up a little. They’re definitely better than bang.

Didnt someone run tests on the bang drinks and found it had none of the listed ingredients in it? Coulda swore I read that somewhere.

That's what Monster alleges is their lawsuit. VPX has fired back saying the tests proves the ingredients are in there so who the **** knows.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Not much better than the $0.99 venom imo.

I like coffee more now anyway for pwo.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Had the Cotten Candy flavored one. It was pretty good but I’m not sure I could tell the difference from Bang stim-wise.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
I've had both Bang and Reign - feel less shitty from the Reign (no jitters or crash). The Reign flavors taste less shitty, imo.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I had both and they are both ok. I don't usually drink energy drinks but we do work on vehicles here at the dealership for a beverage distribution company and the guy brings us different shit to try all the time.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
I've noticed the Bang flavors are WAY more pronounced. If you buy a coconut flavored Bang it'll be like a truckload of coconuts avalanche your ass.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I've noticed the Bang flavors are WAY more pronounced. If you buy a coconut flavored Bang it'll be like a truckload of coconuts avalanche your ass.

Dammit.

I paid good money for that truckload of coconuts in my ass while in Thailand.

You’re saying all I have to do is buy a Bang?