Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 19 of 19
  1. #13
    Elite
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    674
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked 425 Times in 264 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro Bundy View Post
    Rickson Gracie would have ate those wrestlers alive..Everyone knew Matt would kill Royce
    Marco Ruas offered to fight Rickson well onto his late 40s. Even after he stopped training guys he said he would still fight him. There is a reason the Gracie's fight who they do and avoid others.

  2. #14
    Elite Bro Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,621
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 6,667 Times in 3,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Long View Post
    Marco Ruas offered to fight Rickson well onto his late 40s. Even after he stopped training guys he said he would still fight him. There is a reason the Gracie's fight who they do and avoid others.
    I like him too but I think rickson would have chocked him

  3. #15
    Elite
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    674
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked 425 Times in 264 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro Bundy View Post
    I like him too but I think rickson would have chocked him
    I had a lot of respect for the Gracie's. Over the years from the people I have spoken to and the things I have seen it has gone away.

  4. #16
    Elite Bro Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,621
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 6,667 Times in 3,752 Posts
    They brought bjj to the people . It saved my ass many times when I was supposed to get beat up

  5. #17
    Elite
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    674
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked 425 Times in 264 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro Bundy View Post
    They brought bjj to the people . It saved my ass many times when I was supposed to get beat up
    I admit I enjoyed it when I was young. I spent a lot of time 1 on 1 with a pretty successful wrestling coach after my BJJ time and feel the wrestling was a way better base.

    I will admit size of your opponent and yourself, your strength level and intensity make quite a bit of difference in what works best for an individual in my opinion.

  6. #18
    Elite Bro Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,621
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 6,667 Times in 3,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Long View Post
    I admit I enjoyed it when I was young. I spent a lot of time 1 on 1 with a pretty successful wrestling coach after my BJJ time and feel the wrestling was a way better base.

    I will admit size of your opponent and yourself, your strength level and intensity make quite a bit of difference in what works best for an individual in my opinion.
    I started as a wrestler but then got really into submissions

  7. #19
    Elite John Ziegler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    6,546
    Thanks
    4,767
    Thanked 3,658 Times in 2,255 Posts
    Bjj / wrestling s probably most logical style to win but the good old fashion clobbering going on in that second bout is the best viewing material imo

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to John Ziegler For This Useful Post:

    Long (05-31-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Beginning a PE (Penis Exercise) Routine
    By livinglife in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 09:23 PM
  2. Just when I was beginning to think there are no decent people anymore
    By AlphaD in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 11:46 AM
  3. The beginning
    By 69nites in forum Training and Workouts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 01:01 AM
  4. I'm just smiling about for the new beginning!
    By turbobusa in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 05:21 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-25-2012, 05:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •