Needed some help and guidance to bulk up

Reaction score
thanks for all the responses, and advice.

went to doctors, paid him about 350$ for the 2 visits and blood work. he said al my labs were fine, normal, everything is where its supposed to be.

told me i have been the same weight for about 10 years. he said i just need to eat more, and walked out. not much help...

guessing everything from GNC is a waste?

I'm going to go join planet fitness and start going early, before work...

been working on quitting smoking. that was about only good advice my doctor gave me. He prescribed chantix, but that's like 600$ from CVS. Got a vap and gonna try and quit.

Hurakan

Reaction score
Welcome to UG!

This Doc sounds like one of those that just wants your money and sends you on your way without really addressing your concerns. He said everything was normal but did he show you your results? Did he even check your testosterone levels and really go over everything with you? Just said you need to eat more and walked out? I would be looking for another Doc that at least sounds like he cares a little bit. Also if he didn't really take the time to go over your results see if you can get a copy sent to you so you can see for yourself and everyone here might be able to help a bit more...Not sure if anyone here has a medical background, but most of us get bloods done often enough to see if something looks out of whack even by a little bit.

The vape will work if you really want to quit, but like said above you are still feeding the addiction both chemical and physical. But you can at least ween down to zero nic and put it down eventually IF you really are serious about quitting.

The eating is the main concern to me...As much as the smoking. You have to find a way to enjoy food again but at the same time healthy food and try to stay away from the junk. That alone will make it even harder to enjoy at first, but will be better in every way in the long run. Start slow with lighter meals and a shake or two and as you can add in a bit more on the portion size until you are where you need to be on cals to gain. You have to feed the machine for it to perform and grow...Period.

Start your workouts a bit light/medium weights if you are just starting back up and get your body used to it again. I know you said you have a physical job, but trust me at our age you don't want to go balls out for the first few weeks when you have been away from it for awhile LOL. Once you get back into it and are able to push what you feel is decent weight, concentrate on your heavier compound movements for the most part with some cardio and core work and your appetite should get better along with some decent gains.

GNC... I avoid that place at all costs LOL. They are way over priced and the employees are hired right off the street and very little knowledge about anything.

Last edited:

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Please stop using that color.

Hurakan

Reaction score
Not doing it on purpose...Most of my posts come out fine, but every once and awhile it does that on it's own.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, I managed to get a copy of.my labs. Not sure what they mean thou, but they did test my testorone, I think. Dr really didn't explain what anything they tested meant thou, just said I'm in great shape, other than the smoking.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, I managed to get a copy of.my labs. Not sure what they mean thou, but they did test my testorone, I think. Dr really didn't explain what anything they tested meant thou, just said I'm in great shape, other than the smoking.

Post your labs. We can help you decipher them.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
He probably didn’t mention anything because your test levels are fine. How old are you?

New Threads