RIP Matt Porter

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bodybuilding became more dangerous when people started taking over 800mg a week of gear.....Back in the day gear use was alot less, more focus was on eating and training....Prayers for his young child who will grow up fatherless.....

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
My heartfelt sympathies go out to Matt’s family and friends.

My my son turns 16 tomorrow, (technically today, it’s 4 am) and I can’t help but ponder what would have been had I continued the path I was on in my early 20’s. Looking back, I believe the best thing to happen to me was to get injured and walk away from the place I was in.

Boxing45: I was potentially a year and 30lbs from your size when that happened to me... I was 8 weeks into my 3rd cycle (prop/tren) when fate played out and I evaluated my path and what was priority for me. I was well educated, or at least I felt that way, and thought I was in control of my situation. Looking back now through 40 year old eyes and as a father of two, I wouldn’t hesitate to say that if you plan on having kids and being a grandfather, then definitely evaluate what you’re doing and does it fit into your long term plan.

I am certainly not one to judge, to each their own, and whatever you do, do it with a purpose... whither it be bodybuilding or drinking or a dedicated family man... mediocrity is no way to go through life.

I didn’t know Matt, but it seems like he made a clear choice. It’s tragic that his wife and son are left to pick up the pieces. I’m sure he was nothing less than a stellar person on every level.

We have to think beyond our personal goals, and how we impact those around us who depend on us and love us unconditionally and be sure that if we do leave this world, it’s with no regrets.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
To me the whole "sport" has been destroyed by the drugs. It's not even interesting to look at these guys anymore and it's a sport left only for serious drug abusers. Nobody even does any kind of interesting training anymore. All it's worth talking about is drugs. Look at this forum. The drug threads outweigh the training threads 10 to 1. Really really sad all around.

New Threads