Hypothetical Monster Bodybuilder

Reaction score
We started talking about human limitations at work today, and it made me wonder.

What would a 8-9’ tall, 700 pound IFBB bodybuilder look like? Let’s assume he’s a natural giant - no gigantism or other pituitary gland issues.
If he were a mass monster like Ronnie Coleman, Morgan Aste or Greg Kovacs, is 700 pounds an accurate on-stage bodyweight? Would it be more or less?
Lastly, how strong should this bodybuilder be based on that height and weight? What kind of numbers would we be looking at in barbell rows, dumbbell curls, bench press, and lat pulldown? Would he be able to close a Captains of Crush #3 Gripper with no prior grip training?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Pituitary issues are how natural giants come about.

You dont mean “natural giant”. You mean “imaginary giant”.

Any human over 8’ tall is necessarily handicapped in some way. The human body isn't meant to be that big. Neither out internal organs nor our bone structure/leverages are up to the task.

Every giant has had severe struggles in life. Chances of them looking anything like a bodybuilder are zero.

All that being said a bit of fantasizing can be fun:)

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I think Hafthor Bjornsson is the closest man to what you're describing. He's 6'9" and lean (not show ready lean) at 400lbs.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafþór_Júlíus_Björnsson
View attachment 7867
View attachment 7868
I would imagine he would need to be around 370 to step on a bb stage peeled.
As for his strength, well we all know that.
So a 9' tall bodybuilder would probably closer to 420lbs stage ready, not 700lbs.
I couldn't imagine any man could eat enough nor could thier body endure the amount of drugs even if thier heart was able to keep up with pumpibg the blood required for a body that massive.
now, back to reality :32 (17):

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
I think Hafthor Bjornsson is the closest man to what you're describing. He's 6'9" and lean (not show ready lean) at 400lbs.
View attachment 7867
View attachment 7868
So a 9' tall bodybuilder would probably closer to 420lbs stage ready, not 700lbs.
I couldn't imagine any man could eat enough nor could thier body endure the amount of drugs even if thier heart was able to keep up with pumpibg the blood required for a body that massive.
I believe your math is off (fun to argue about imaginary shit huh?). If Thor is stage ready at 370, and the imaginary giant is 9’, it would stand to reason that the imaginary giant would have more than 50lbs on Thor. I would think easily 500 plus.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Andre the Giant had to literally shit in the bathtub because he couldn’t fit on the toilet.

We could hypothesize OP’s giant’s toilet size need with some degree of accuracy......

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Andre the Giant had to literally shit in the bathtub because he couldn’t fit on the toilet.

We could hypothesize OP’s giant’s toilet size need with some degree of accuracy......

Dude would shit meatloafs.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
I agree with Gibs I think Thor is the closest to what you would describe as a "monster bodybuilder". I'm glad to see he's been putting out more YouTube content lately he's really fun to watch, especially his latest videos with Martins.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pituitary issues are how natural giants come about.

You dont mean “natural giant”. You mean “imaginary giant”.

Any human over 8’ tall is necessarily handicapped in some way. The human body isn't meant to be that big. Neither out internal organs nor our bone structure/leverages are up to the task.

Every giant has had severe struggles in life. Chances of them looking anything like a bodybuilder are zero.

All that being said a bit of fantasizing can be fun:)

Angus Macaskill was a true giant.

Only one I know of.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
View attachment 7867
View attachment 7868

He's too small at 400 in that pic to compete (look at how small his arms are in a relative BBer sense), so he at 370 would have the same size as a 200lb 5'11" BBer.

At ~4%, he'd need to be 430lbs and higher to have relative "huge" arms and other parts.

A 9' BBer would need to be ~650lbs.

Reaction score
All good posts by everyone.

I thought with the weight of bones and cartridge of a big, muscular Aste-type bodybuilder who’s 9’ tall would be well over 500 pounds.

Robert Wadlow, Who was fairly slim at 8’11”, weighed 490.

Now imagine a guy who’s an inch taller, has a larger frame (although still shaped properly enough to step on stage), and is a mass monster-like bodybuilder like Greg Kovacs and Ronnie Coleman.

With that being said, what kind of weight should this monster move given the size and weight range? Would he be the first person to do be able to curl 250 pound dumbbells and beyond? First person to bench 800 raw? Or a 1300 pound deadlift?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If he DB Curls 250lbs, Hulk's gonna lose his shit!!! :32 (17):

Reaction score
All good posts by everyone.

I thought with the weight of bones and cartridge of a big, muscular Aste-type bodybuilder who’s 9’ tall would be well over 500 pounds.

Robert Wadlow, Who was fairly slim at 8’11”, weighed 490.

Now imagine a guy who’s an inch taller, has a larger frame (although still shaped properly enough to step on stage), and is a mass monster-like bodybuilder like Greg Kovacs and Ronnie Coleman.

With that being said, what kind of weight should this monster move given the size and weight range? Would he be the first person to do be able to curl 250 pound dumbbells and beyond? First person to bench 800 raw? Or a 1300 pound deadlift?
Well bodybuilders for the most part don’t make good powerlifters. If he was a power lifter at that size, then for sure benching 800 raw.

New Threads