Hello everyone

Reaction score
Since there is a space for introductions, I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself.

My real name is Sven. I'm 22 and I've been lifting (seriously) since February. Before that I dabbled in bodyweight training and calisthenics.

Initially I did Starting Strength for about a month. I hit multiple plateaus so I abandoned it, and I moved on to a more "bodybuilding-style" program. Basically an upper/lower split, training 4 times a week. Did this for about 2 months and decided I wanted to train more frequently.

Right now I'm doing a different upper/lower split, and I'm doing it 6 times a week. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I'll train chest, back, biceps, triceps, shoulders and traps and on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays I'll train quads, hams, glutes, calves and abs. I've been doing this for 6 weeks.

Back when I started I weighed about 74kg and now about 78kg. My body fat percentage has stayed about the same (between 15% and 20%), based on visual estimates only.

Right now my lifts are about 130lbs for squat, 190lbs for deadlift and 150lbs for bench. This are not 1RMs because I never tested them.

That's about all there is to it.

LG Sven

Last edited:

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome, hope you got thick skin and a good sense of humor. This is a great place to learn....

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome Sven

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Oh to be 22 y.o. again! Pay attention and you will learn a lot. The guys and gals her will take time off your learning curve.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
We have a Viking. Odin is pleased.

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting so many replies. It's nice to see there are so many active users. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Gymrat, I think I have that part down. I was counting calories with an app at first (something I picked up lurking in this forum), and I was trying to consume around 3000kcal every day. I've stopped counting now because it's time consuming and I already have a general idea of the amount of food I need to eat.

I appreciate you giving me that advice because, honestly, it's been the single most important thing I learned since I started taking things seriously.

I also understand that I'm too young and inexperienced to take steroids and so far I haven't felt the need to do it, since I've been getting pretty good results so far. As I mentioned, I've gained around 4kg and my arms grew about 2" (at least, my measurements were very informal). I'm not sure if that's good for 4 months but it's better than I've ever done before, so I'm happy with my progress so far.

Thanks again boys and/or girls.

Oh and by the way, my ancestors are from Italy, so I'm not really a viking, I just live near them.

Gt500face

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board brother

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi welcome
Wow

New Threads